The process of taking preventive actions to prevent unauthorized access, misuse, malfunction, modification of the network infrastructure to protect the network infrastructure is called network security. In this generation, the internet has become a critical part of our lives. Many people try to damage our internet-connected computers, our privacy violation and make it impossible to access the services of the internet. Considering the frequency and different types of attacks and the possibility of new and future attacks, network security has become an important field in the area of cybersecurity. Computers, users, and programs can perform critical functions in a secure environment by implementing network security.
A world of possibilities is opened to us through the internet and it can be accessed by connecting our devices to it. Without storing the information on the device permanently, we can access the information whenever necessary. The communication with others has become easier and it allows us to organize projects and work together. Networks are formed through the connected device and they run our lives. But such connections also leave our system vulnerable to damage and theft of information is possible. This problem can be solved using cybersecurity and network security and hence it is necessary to learn network security.
Below are the applications of Network Security:
1. Defense Pro: It is a mitigation device that protects the infrastructure against network and application downtime.
2. Defense Flow: Network-wide, multivendor attacks can be detected and mitigated by using Defense Flow.
3. App Wall: To ensure the fast, reliable and secure delivery of critical applications, we use App Wall.
4. Emergency Response Team: Emergency Response Team is used by the companies facing denial of service attacks as it provides twenty-four cross seven security services.
5. InFlight: InFlight is a monitoring application using which all the user transactions are captured from inflight network traffic and real-time intelligence is delivered for business applications.
6. Cloud WAF Service: Web application security is provided by the application and it protects from the evolving threats.
7. Cloud DDOS Protection Service: Enterprise-grade DDOS protection in the cloud is provided by cloud DDOS protection service.
8. Cloud Malware Protection Service: Unknown malware is detected based on their unique behavior patterns by using patented algorithms on the data collected from a community of two million users and this collected data is analyzed to provide a defense to the organizations against the malware by cloud malware protection service.
An example of network security is the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS). It is the network security system that contains a set of rules to figure out the threats and block them by following those rules.
The reader must have knowledge of computer networks, cryptography, communication protocols in order to learn network security.
Beginners can refer to this tutorial to understand network security basics. This tutorial is helpful for people who want to pursue a career in the field of network security. This tutorial is good learning for all other readers.