Multiple Job Offers – High level of economic development has led to increase in the number of companies globally. This has in turn increased job opportunities in the job market. People looking for jobs whether fresher’s or experienced, have a good chance of not only getting a good job; but they have an opportunity of getting highly paid jobs. Now the question arises how to search for the right jobs and multiple job offers how to choose. For this you need to plan yourself adequately:
- You will have to make up your mind on what type of career or jobs you are looking for. You will have to find out what job opportunities are available in the job market. What skills and qualifications are required for that particular job and do you fulfill those criteria.
- Then you need to develop or update your resume accordingly. Your resume should be short, crisp and should have all the required information- personal details; qualifications; work experience; details of any awards, certificates and details about referee.
- After you are done with your resume you start your search for a suitable job. You can search for the jobs in local newspapers, apply for them online, can sign up with job opportunity websites, you can even take help from placement and recruitment agencies. You can talk to your family and friends.
- Once you are done with the job search you start applying for them. While doing so you need to prepare a list of the jobs you are applying for; always attach a cover letter along with the resume. This cover letter should have details about which job you are applying for and how you are suitable for that job.
- You get some break in-between applying for a job and receiving a call for an interview. One should utilize this time to prepare and practice for the upcoming interviews. For this you need to think about the questions which employers would ask and practice your answers to them. You also need to go through the organisations profile and website, to get an idea about the organisation. You can use this knowledge in your interview to impress your prospective employer.
- The next step is attending a job interview. When you are called for an interview always arrive few minutes early from the scheduled interview time. You should be dressed neatly and in appropriate clothes. You should have a clear and realistic salary expectation for the job you are applying. You should also have a ready list about the issues you would like to discuss with the prospective employer, like what would be the job profile, what they expect from you, salary package and so on.
Once you are done with the interviews you wait for the multiple job offers. You have applied for numerous jobs and have interviewed for several over the months. You yearn to get multiple job offers. And one fine day you get a call for a job offer, you are excited that you have received a multiple job offers at the same time get confused whether to accept or not. The situation becomes worse when you receive a second job offer the same day. It becomes difficult for you to decide which job will provide the best compensation and professional rewards. In such a situation the job seeker is faced with numerous doubts and questions:
- One is confused which job to choose, the one which has asked him to join is better than the current job he is into. But he also wants to see whether there are better multiple job offers coming up.
- One gets disheartened that the company which is offering you the job is not willing to give you much time to decide. You are confused if you reject this offer would you get a better job afterwards.
- One is confused about which job will have best future professional growth.
- He is confused about which job he fits in best and which would provide him with best job satisfaction.
Why it is important to make the right decision while choosing a job?
Since we spend a lot of time in our work place, we make strategies to make the work more efficient and profitable, indirectly we are thinking about it consciously and unconsciously. Therefore it plays a significant role in our lives. If we are uninterested in what we do; don’t find the work meaningful and gratifying, one tend to feel frustrated, depressed, and anxious and one’s personal life also gets affected. With all the negative feelings one is unable to make positive efforts, which hampers future success in the work front. Therefore it is very essential for you to take the right decision while choosing a job, as it directly and indirectly affects you life as a whole.
How Do You Choose From Multiple Job Offers
When one is in the process of selecting a particular job over the others, one needs to manage the process well, as it would affect ones career and reputation. Therefore in such circumstances one needs to remain calm and analyse all the pros and cons of each job offer before accepting any job.
- Go back to the research you had done about the company while practicing for the interview. It will provide you with a clear vision about the values and objectives of the company. What they expect from the person who will be recruited for that particular position. This will help you to decide which job you are more suitable for.
- You also need to consider the work environment. When one goes for an interview, one gets a rough idea about the work/office culture and the type of people working there. You need to ask yourself did you like the office culture, will you be able to fit in comfortably in such an office environment and would you be able to gel in easily with the people.
- Another thing which one needs to keep in mind while choosing a job is the perks provided by the company. What type of other benefits the company provides apart from salary; such as-free meals, free pick up and drop facility from home to office and back home, over time, bonus, incentives, Provident fund or EPF facilities, insurance and medical benefits and so on.
- You also need to consider which job would provide you with the most job satisfaction. Which job you will fit in more comfortably, which job you are more passionate about and would enjoy doing. These factors ascertain how you will grow professionally in the long run.
- You can also take certain online aptitude and personality test. These will help you analyse your capabilities, skills and personality type. This will further help you in deciding which job you are best suitable for.
- Before choosing a particular job, one should also consider what management and leadership opportunities each job offer provides. The job requiring more responsibility with higher management skills will provide more professional challenges. And skillful handling of these challenges will ensure higher professional success and position.
- If you are going for a major career shift then you can consult a career counselor or consultant.
If you are still confused about which job to accept then you need to go by your Gut Feeling i.e. what your intuition says.
Once you have decided finally which job offer to accept. Politely tell the other recruiter that you are not interested in accepting their job offer; thank them for their time they had given him and let them know that it was a pleasure meeting them. Similarly you get in touch with the recruiter whose job offer you are accepting. Thank them for offering you the job and let them know that you are accepting their proposal. You can talk about other things like when to join, about the training period and other such queries to the employer at that time.
You need to keep certain things in mind while juggling for multiple jobs offers:
4.6 (1,216 ratings)
- When you are approached by an employer with a job offer, they want to know whether you are interested or not and when you can join them. At that point the best diplomatic answer would be to ask them to provide you few days to decide. But you should not take too long to decide.
- Sometimes it happens that when you are considering to take up a job, you receive a call from a company for a second interview interaction. This job may be more satisfying and rewarding than the job you are considering. In such a circumstance you need to think why the employer is asking for a second interview. One answer could be that they want to be doubly sure that you are the right candidate to fill up the vacancy. Another case could be that a person was chosen and appointed but he was not up to the mark, and they are recruiting again for a suitable candidate. People have varied view points and mind sets; they can take this situation as positive or negative. But if you consider going for the second interview, make it clear to the employer that you have got a job offer, but would prefer to take up the job offered by them. Request them to arrange for a speedy interview and politely ask them whether they would be able to give a fast feedback after the interview. If the answers are positive go for the interview.
- If one is going for a job change, it is always better that you discuss certain issues with your current employer before jumping into another job. You can calmly tell him what you desire- a raise in the pay, promotion, incentives and other perks, issues relate to leaves and so on. Be sure to do it in a calm and polite way. If the employer agrees to the conditions and it suits you; you don’t need to jump over to a new job, but if it does not work out as you desire, you can opt for other jobs.
- Choosing a job from many options can be confusing, stressing and emotionally charging. As entering into ones first job or changing a job for better future prospects leads to a major change in one’s life. Therefore one should be careful when making a decision. If needed take suggestions and advise from your spouse, friends and dependable advisors. Your decision should be based on rationale rather than on emotions.
In today’s fast growing developing world, there has been drastic increase in the number of companies and organisations working in various sectors. This has also boosted the job opportunities for the job seekers. One can easily look for new jobs with better openings and prospects. But while doing so one needs to apply for numerous job vacancies simultaneously, they have to develop their resume in accordance with the vacancies available, they have to prepare for the interviews, research about the companies they are applying for, to know more about them; and then they need to go for interviews. Once this is done you wait for multiple job offers. This is the trickiest part of all to handle. As you may get multiple job offers at the same time. You now get confused which one to accept and which one to reject. Juggling multiple job offers is stressful and confusing. Therefore it is necessary for one to be very careful in making the right decision. As the decision one makes will affect his career and influence his life as a whole.
One needs to be very calm and composed while making this decision. He should consider all the pros and cons of multiple job offers before reaching to a conclusion. Another major aspect he needs to analyse is his own skills, aptitude and personality; secondly he should also analyse which job would provide him with the most work satisfaction and opportunities to grow professionally. His decision should be realistic and he should not allow emotions to sway him away from the right decision. Once he firmly decides which job offer to opt for, he should not go back and re-think whether he has made the right decision, this will only lead to further confusions. As you have selected the job after much analysis and thinking there is no need for you to go back and think again. And the last thing to do is, before telling a recruiter whether you are accepting or rejecting a job, you should be firm, confident and convinced that you have made the right decision.