Introduction to Careers in Management
- Let us first understand what the term Management means. Management is the art of managing things in a particular fashion which facilitates growth and in turn, improves the way of work. Choosing a career path in the art of managing things is a great initiative, as this path is not straight. Initiative here means it’s the way of doing Right things without being supervised.
- In the current global market, there is various career field associated in Management and also excellent opportunities have been ever increasing. The field of management enhances an Individual’s capability of working with teams in order to achieve a certain goal of the organization. The opportunity varies with different fields such as financial management, Human resource, Supply chain management, logistics, Operations management, Sales and marketing, Marketing research management, Production management, Real estate management, Retail Management, Event Management, and also the international Business management and so on, as every field require a management.
Education Required for Careers in Management
- To gear up the management, you need to have a recognized undergraduate degree or postgraduate and can include Diploma levels. There is an option in Management to take it up on full time: classroom-based or in terms of correspondence mode. There is another option for a working professional to take it up on a part-time basis. This can be availed in various B-Schools.
- After your 10+2, you need to take up any graduation course in the areas of your interest to pursue further. Also after your post-graduation/Masters graduation such as MCA, MBA, you have an opportunity to step in management easily. In order to have an equal opportunity to step in Graduation, you can take up any entrance exams in India such as CET, SNAP, CAT, MAT, etc. in any reputed institution.
Some of the most prestigious institutions offer integrated Graduation and Post-graduation courses.
In Management, the career path requires organizational skills and also a very good command in English communication. The most important thing is to have the ability to judge what is the best practice which leads to a successful goal in a minimal amount of time. If you think you have these kinds of skills, you can take the first step of management by choosing the right career path in terms of getting into the right education base.
For example. In the IT industry, if you are in a technical domain such as developers, tester, or any analyst. As a professional when you gain the incites of the projects including the way of managing it, you can try to the next level. That is into management, but keeping in mind that you are more responsible in the next level and need to have an attitude to accept both failures and success. You can take up any professional course to ladder up this stage being a manger up to high-level delivery roles. Generally in IT, the ladder goes like this, team member, team lead, project manager, projects manager, program manager, portfolio manager. Similarly in the different fields of management, the ladder goes up this way.
Every management job has a tier in an organization. The tiers are based on qualifications obtained, promotions and progressions, and most importantly the level of leadership. Now let us know the different common tiers in an organization in terms of management
Executives: Top Level: They have attained a master’s Degree/Postgraduates and have excelled in the leadership quality down the line, as per the experience.
Managers: Middle Level: They are the Senior managers, who handle few projects and have an entire department under their supervision. They have problem-solving skills and also leadership qualities.
4.9 (3,326 ratings)
Direst Supervisors: Lower Level: They make the work in a team is done on time and as per schedule, and any conflicting issues will be discussed with their managers.
Below are the Few Titles in different Fields
- Front Office Manager
- Back office Managers
- Facilities Manager
- Administrative Officer
- Business Manager
- Finance Manager
- Project manager
- Application development manager
- MIS manager
- General manager
- Assistance Director
- Information Science Supervisor
- Promotions manager
- Account Manager
- Product Manager
- Project manager
- Market Director
- Communications Director
- Content Manager
- Business Development manager
- CEO: Chief Executive Officer
- CTO: Chief Technical Officer
- CMO: Chief Marketing Officer
- Vice President
Considering the salary components in India, the highest paid jobs are in the management sectors. The average wage of the company executive in management will earn 15 to 25 times than the lowest waged. The compensation depends according to the country you are working in. For example, the USA’s managerial compensation is competitive and the highest of all jobs.
As and when you grow climbing up the stairs of management, the changes in salary hike goes high, as these factors are proportional in nature
Conclusion – Careers in Management
This article gives you an insight into various career options in management and the growth in this field. Considering the career paths in management were few paths to choose from. Selecting your career path purely depends on your interest. Saying this, all the very best in choosing your career path.
This is a guide to Careers In Management. Here we discuss the introduction, education, Career path, Job Positions, and Salary in Careers in Management. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –