What is Job Insecurity Stress?
Jobs are temporary. No one remains in the same job for years. In today’s world, it’s not a big deal to find yourself a new job. With start-ups budding up now and then, the job market is offering new opportunities to the youth now and then. Thus job security is not a major issue. But still, if you are facing job insecurity stress here are 5 ways to tackle it down. It might be a case that you are sensing danger because your company is laying off employees or is not doing so well in the industrial scenario. Or it may be a case that you are too nervous or panic about the loss of your job. If that’s the scenario, you need to follow our key solutions to manage job insecurity stress. It will definitely help you to overcome this job insecurity stress and develop a broader perspective towards life.
Today, due to globalization, recession, contracting, downsizing, and outsourcing, it’s actually thought of the past and job security is no one’s issue in today’s world.
- Update Your Resume In Portals And Keep Track Of Walk-Inns In Your City Matching Your Profile: You should have an updated resume, and cover letter irrespective of what you expect to happen in the future. You will definitely feel better when you know that you can market yourself and find well-suited jobs for yourself. So keep your resumes updated in portals, to know your job requirements and job profile you are looking for. This is your job seeker marketing kit which will help you find a match to your job requirements.
- Nurture Your Network: People within your network can contact you and anytime inform you about the job profile and openings in their respective domains. Setting up an apt professional network is very important. Professional favors such as job referrals are the product of strong relationships built over time. So, if you are not networking or neglecting your known contacts, it’s a chance to expand your network or join a professional association.
- Save Money: Keeping oneself economically strong and well to do is the best option anytime. One should try to avoid the crisis of money. Saving money should be made the highest priority. Open fixed deposits, recurring accounts to save money. Avoid big purchases at the time of job insecurity stress. This is the time when you should identify your strong areas. If you find that it is a technology which you are good at, improve upon your skills, upgrade your skills, join up some crash courses and see how your strength can well pay you off. Following retail therapy, yoga classes can help you relax at the time of a job crisis but this is not the solution to the problem to it all. Saving money will help you relax better that you can still wait till you get your dream job as there is no such money crisis and the situation is not that urgent indeed!!
- Self-create your own plan and track your hours: Allocate adequate hours during the day to build up your skills. Your skills will boost up your confidence. Try to pick up something you love doing a hobby or passion is the best job one can afford. Make a plan …what you intend to do in life… how you want to portray yourself in the future. If you like to switch to marketing or HR or other areas which interest you, go for it. Plan out adequate time to allot to each area of your interest. Improving upon your skills one day, you will yourself speak up to yourself-“I am no less and the day is not far when I will convert my job into the highest-earning jobs as this is my hobby cum job” This kind of future planning will help you relax and take and keep patience till you achieve your goals in life.
- Keep your good reputation: When you keep up a good reputation, people like your presence. They like being around you. They like your presence and they will refer you for any job referral because they know you are hardworking and a go-getter who will go to any extremes to meet deadlines. They know you are passionate about work and you love working. This will help you reach out to better jobs, will relax you as there are people around you willing to help you out, and job insecurity stress is no more an issue. So be professional –people love job-oriented, professional people and are ready to help them out in adverse situations of crisis…
If you ever find that you lack the required skill sets, you need to also practice those skills and build up the lost confidence within yourself. Also, you can communicate with your colleagues and discuss why and which areas you have been lacking about and how to work on those weaknesses. Also, one must learn to manage and cope up with stress. As, it’s a different way, how different people handle job insecurity stress.
So if you’re worried about your career to try out these simple steps to motivate and boost up your confidence.
Someone has rightly put forward by saying, “Whenever one door closes, another one opens.” When one lives with uncertainty you definitely learn the way to keep adjusting to new challenges in your way. It gives a ray of hope before you where you realize that even if one door closes the other is anytime open for you to meet your goal.
You can update upon your technical skills easily in today’s marketplace. Practice or enroll for some technical training courses and see you’ll get another job the day next. Think outside the box and realize why you feel insecure in your job. Think out of the box. Build upon your skillsets and prove yourself whether it be even a new line of work altogether. Remember you are adaptable and can adapt to new challenges and circumstances and also build upon some organizational skills like team management, team-building skills, etc. Share your thoughts with the team, communicate well. Expressing your feelings is any day a better solution to deal with any problems.
Some key tricks to inculcate in your current job to help you feel confident are as follows:
- Work deadlines: It is something which a working professional needs to cope up with at any stage of life. It’s a tough day and you’re loaded with tough work. When in school, you were loaded with assignments, now in the office or college you are overloaded with pending work of your client, presentations, word documents, etc. Coming up with this stress requires you to be mentally and physically strong. You need to cope up with some challenges. Work for the client is still pending, assignments yet to be reviewed –for this, you don’t need to panic. Here are some 10 tricks to deal with work deadlines that will help you cope up with your pending work and so much of work pressure. This can help to turn the pressure into a much positive force rather than a panicking poison.
- Try to keep your desk tidy: A tidy desk is a tidy mind. A free mind and a tidy environment help to work you properly and efficiently. A tidy desk is a place where you can concentrate well. On a tidy desk, A to-do list is some tools that can help you to meet track of your work. It helps you to keep track of all the pending work and work pre-planned or postponed to do. Remember a track of work left or pending can help you solve half your problems.
- Try To Keep Distractions Away: Generally, we log on to our Facebook or Twitter accounts, during the peak crisis hour also. Keep these distractions away. Try to concentrate on work or you can either plug in your earphones or concentrate better I they help you out. Try to prevent procrastination? Make a plan to create real-time expectations. Consider all your productivity hacks and improve upon them. Motivate yourself and set up a procrastination equation. Logging on Facebook, what’s up chats can get you distracted. Keep yourself away, set targets, keep yourself motivated and see how it keeps distractions away from you.
Develop your soft skills in these 5 steps Job Insecurity Stress
- Develop communication skills. Improve your verbal skills as well as non-verbal communication skills. Feel how others would be feeling when you are around them or you are talking to them. Your speaking skills need to be taken care of. Henceforth, here are some steps to improve it.
- Making eye contact is one of the key tips. It helps one to acknowledge someone else’s presence by looking them in the eye. It is just like speaking in the eyes through eye contact. When they talk to you look into them. Wandering of eyes and looking down is a bad impression and gives a bad sign to the listener about your communication skills.
- Monitor your body language. Take care of how you speak and your body language. Show interest by sitting up and leaning forward. Bad gestures give a bad sign and a bad impression.
- Do not tap your feet. This again forms a bad impression and makes the listener uncomfortable about speaking to you. Practice speaking by looking into the mirror and improve your communication skills. This includes both public speaking and conversational speaking. Be conscious of your pace, eye contact, and volume when Don’t get uneasy and make the listener uneasy either. Practice with close friends, family relatives to speak up in public. Try to make the listener comfortable rather than nervous in itself. Volunteer out presentations and improve and remove the public speaking fear.
- Also, improve upon your key writing skills by proofreading, reading blogs, getting into the styles of writing, and see how you outperform others in the race of existence.
Effects of Job Insecurity- Planning and Holding Effective Meetings
Planning effective meetings with effective planning is very important. Six important meeting planning steps include:
- Planning out the meeting is very important. Setting forth the objective and outcome of the meetings. Put forth the agenda of the meeting, the key points to be discussed, send an email to all the attendees of the meeting and notify all about the time and place of the meeting to be the help. Make sure to note the minutes of the meeting.
- Keep up an attendees list to decide upon whom all shall attend the meeting. Send the agenda, place, and timings details to all before the meeting. In this way, pre-preparation can be made much before the meeting takes place. Also, make sure if meeting facilitators are needed to help you proceed with the meeting.
- Determine that all resources needed are available, the technical assistance needed, projector, laptop, whiteboards, flipcharts, the person recording the minutes,
- Use effective time management skills to keep up with the schedule, also ensure the attendees are engaged in the agenda of the meeting.
Post-meeting activities like the actions taken, the topics discussed, issues traced and decisions taken all need to be tracked and reported after the meeting.
These skills if well practiced can help you to develop your business skills and will certainly improve your communication skills to be a better manager and a businesswoman, such that you will never face the effects of job insecurity. Joining free newsletters can help you get the latest job updates from portals and keep yourself updated on the job requirements.
This has been a guide for your company is laying off employees or is not doing so well in the industry scenario? Don’t panic, there are ways to tackle job insecurity stress. These are the following external link related to the job insecurity stress.