Introduction to QC Interview Questions and Answers
QC (Quality Control) of a Software System or a Product is defined as a set of procedures followed by an organization or any International Standards available based on a reference for quality output of a product to ensure the efficient product deliverables to meet the customer demands and satisfaction. There are different parameters which will be considered for the Software Quality are functional requirements and also non-functional requirements which directly and indirectly affects the product such as performance, usability, and supportability. The ways of handling unexpected scenarios or situations and the error rates are majorly considered during the performance of the product. The term Software Quality Assurance is different from Software Quality Control as the software quality assurance encompasses the different standards and processes for the stable maintenance of the quality of the products, for e.g. software deliverables, processes and documentation, reducing number of defects etc. whereas the software quality control is a kind of artifact compliance validation against the established requirement criteria in finding the defects.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to Quality Control then you need to prepare for the 2019 Quality Control Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important Quality Control Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2019 Quality Control Interview Questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently asked Quality Control Interview questions. These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Quality Control Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Quality Control Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. What is Software Quality Control and explain its benefits?
The Software Quality Control is a set of standard procedures followed by any organization or institute or any Standards set by the International group based on a standard reference for a quality product to ensure the efficient deliverables to meet the customer satisfaction and requirements. The several benefits of the Software Quality Control are as below –
- Software System or Product efficiency can be increased.
- Product defects can be minimized before the delivery.
- Development time can be reduced.
- Customer Satisfactory Index can be improved.
- Strong trust and relationship can be established with the client.
- Faster application development with a smaller number of defects.
Q2. What are the different steps or processes involved in the Quality Control Procedure?
This is the basic Quality Control Interview Question asked in an interview. The different steps or processes involved in the Quality Control Procedure are Reviewing and Testing the product as per requirement. The steps involved in the Review and Testing phases mentioned as below–
- Requirement Analysis
- Design Phase
- Code Build and Development
- Application or Code Deployment
- Test Plan phase
- Implementing test cases
- Unit Testing
- Integration Testing
- System Testing
- System Integration Testing
- Non-Functional Testing
- User Acceptance Testing
Q3. What are the different types of Quality Control Parameters available in Software QC?
The different types of Quality Control Parameters available in Software Quality Control are Products, processes, and Resources which are explained as below:
4.6 (3,144 ratings)
Products: The Products are the actual requirements made by the customer which are to be delivered with at most zero defect.
Processes: The Processes are the set of rules or procedures to be followed while testing the Software System or Product to ensure the best product deliverable. The set of processes will enable the testing procedure to be carried out in an efficient way so as it tests the complete product without missing any functional or non-functional inabilities as per the customer requirement specifications.
Resources: Resources to be deployed are to be very efficient in terms of team or tools or technologies used. The testing procedure can be followed either by automatic or manual based on the budget of the project. If manual then efficient resources should be available within in the team in order to avoid any manual errors or defects whereas Automated testing also needs the technical professional to be deployed.
Let us move to the next Quality Control Interview Questions
Q4. What are the different types of Quality Control Processes involved?
The different types of Quality Control Processes involved are Plan, Do, Check, Act and they are explained as below –
- Plan – This is a stage where all the Quality Control processes are followed and gathered as a single test coverage document or can be called as a Test Plan Document
- Do – This is a stage where all the Quality Control processes are defined in the form of parameters to develop the Quality Standards.
- Check– This is a stage where all the Quality Control processing parameters are meeting the quality as per the prescribed standards.
- Act– This is a stage where there will be necessary actions those will be taken to ensure the quality and to repeat if needed and by taking corrective actions.
Q5. What are the different types of testing performed as part of Quality Control processes?
The different types of testing performed as part of Quality Control processes are such as Unit testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, System Testing, System Integration Testing, Non Functional Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Beta Testing, Performance testing, Regression testing, Volume testing, Recovery testing, Usability testing, Stress testing, Load testing and Installation testing.
Part 2 – Quality Control Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Quality Control Interview Questions.
Q6. What are the different characteristics of Quality Control?
The different characteristics of Quality Control are described as below:
- To adopt a different set of processes
- To deliver a product with high quality
- To deliver quality products to customers at a low cost
- To improve quality always by implementing processes from different organizations or standards
- To ensure the plan is properly executed
- To ensure execution is planned with the correct review process
Q7. What are the different factors involved in Software Quality Control of a System or Product and explain them?
The different factors involved in the Software Quality Control of a System or a Product are such as a Usability, Portability, Maintainability, Reliability, and Efficiency which are explained as below –
- Usability – Ease of using the software.
- Portability – To be able to use in different locations or environments.
- Maintainability – Ease of maintenance and upgrading functionalities.
- Reliability – Long reliability without any downtime or defects
- Efficiency – To be able to meet the requirements in an efficient way
Let us move to the next Quality Control Interview Questions
Q8. What are the Quality Control characteristics as per ISO standards?
The different Quality Control characteristics as per ISO standards are described as below –
Q9. What are the different Software Control Views?
This is the most asked Quality Control Interview Question in an interview. These are the Different Software Control Views
Q10. What is the best tool available for QC?
The best tool available for Quality Control is HP ALM(Application Lifecycle Management) which is a product of HPE Company is a test management tool.
This has been a guide to the list of Quality Control Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Quality Control Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Quality Control Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –