Difference Between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI
Bootstrap is the second-most-starred project on Github. It contains design templates which are based on HTML and CSS and used for various interface components like buttons, navigation, forms etc. It was released as an open source product in August 2011, on Github. Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter. There are multiple reasons to utilize Bootstrap. It consists of Mobile first styles throughout the entire library. Anyone with just knowledge of HTML and CSS can get started with Bootstrap. It’s official site also provides good documentation.
jQuery simplifies the scripting process of front-end. It simplifies HTML document traversing, event handling, animations. It also assists with Ajax calls for rapid application development. The set of jQuery features including DOM element selections, traversal, and manipulation which is enabled by the selector’s engine, created a programming style, combining algorithms and DOM-related data structures. jQuery library follows a modular approach which allows the creation of dynamic web pages and thus, web applications.
Bootstrap’s responsive CSS adjusts to various devices equally well as Tablets, Desktop, and Mobiles. There are multiple responsive utilities available for this responsive support. It provides a basic structure of a Grid system, link styles, and background. It also provides a feature of global CSS settings, fundamental HTML elements styled and enhanced with extensible classes, and an advanced Grid system. Bootstrap provides multiple reusable components which are built to provide dropdowns, navigation, alerts, pop-over and many more UI features. A developer can also customize these components to get their own version.
Head To Head Comparison Between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 difference between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI
Key differences between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI
Both Bootstrap vs jQuery UI are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI:
- Bootstrap is designed and created by Bootstrap Core Team in Twitter whereas jQuery is developed by jQuery Team.
- Bootstrap is famous for developing responsive, mobile first project on the web whereas jQuery has its own UI counterpart known as jQuery mobile.
- Bootstrap is getting some big updates with some great new features whereas update frequency for jQuery is less as compare to Bootstrap.
- Bootstrap uses the Bootstrap Grid system for a free-flowing layout whereas jQuery UI does not have a grid system.
- Bootstrap has great compatibility and focuses toward responsive design whereas jQuery arrived in an era before responsive became a big word, hence less support from jQuery UI as compare to Bootstrap.
- Bootstrap is based on CSS3 and appears great in new browsers whereas jQuery with its UI component functions may not look as great as Bootstrap, it provides a cleaner fall back in older browsers.
- Bootstrap appears very professional even with its basic template whereas comparing to Bootstrap, jQuery UI looks aged and old fashion.
Bootstrap vs jQuery UI Comparison Table
The primary Comparison between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI are discussed below:
|The basis of comparison Between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI||
|Development||Developed by Twitter||Developed by jQuery Project Group|
|Functionality||Focus on design and appearance||Provide pre-written functions to enhance the functionality|
|Market||Bootstrap is still behind jQuery in market share||jQuery is leading on web front, with top sites|
|Customization||Can be customized in a variety of ways by overriding the default CSS||Existing functions can be overridden to provide new functionality|
|Orientation||Highly oriented toward responsiveness||jQuery responsive nature is less sophisticated than Bootstrap|
|Release||the First release on August 26, 22011,|
Conclusion – Bootstrap vs jQuery UI
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Bootstrap vs jQuery UI. Here we also discuss the Bootstrap vs jQuery UI key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following jQuery UI vs Bootstrap articles to learn more –
- Angular vs Knockout Which One Is Useful
- Angular vs Bootstrap Want to know about Benefits
- Angular vs JQuery
- Bootstrap vs Angular
- Bootstrap vs WordPress
- MongoDB vs PostgreSQL: What are the Benefits
- MongoDB vs Hadoop: Benefits
- MongoDB vs Postgres: Benefits
- MongoDB vs Oracle: What are the Features
- MongoDB vs DynamoDB: What are the functions
- MongoDB vs SQL: Which one is the best
- Best Guide on Bootstrap 4 Cheat sheet