Introduction to jQuery
What is jQuery?
In simple terms, jQuery is a Library. Didn’t get it? Ok, let’s understand from the beginning.
How does jQuery make working so easy?
jQuery was created with a nice moto “Write less and do more”. jQuery’s entire functionality revolves around simplifying every line of code. It makes it easier to navigate a document. jQuery offers a very effective way to catch a wide variety of events such as user click without a need to clutter the HTML code, It takes care of all the things in between. It simplifies the DOM manipulation, event handling and basically every other thing.
4.5 (2,150 ratings)
What can you do with jQuery?
- It has a lot of functionality which is readily available.
- It has already available plugins which make developers life easy.
- Ajax is a very useful technique for creating faster, better, more interactive web applications and it has Ajax support.
- jQuery has cross-browser support.
- It is a very lightweight library with a size of about only 19KB.
Why should we use jQuery?
- Web developers manipulate the DOM in order to make a web page interactive and It makes it extremely easy to manipulate DOM. DOM is a tree structure of HTML elements.
- It has detailed and comprehensive documentation which gets better every day.
- It has more than 1000 of plugins which are available for free and they can be easily included in the projects.
- It has cross-browser support i.e. it supports almost all commonly used web browsers.
All these reasons answer why one should be using it.
Why do we need jQuery?
Who is the right audience for learning jQuery technologies?
Anyone with basic knowledge of programming and web technologies can learn jQuery. Any software engineer or developer can learn jQuery. If you want to excel as a front-end developer, then you can learn jQuery.
How this technology will help you in career growth?
If you are a front-end developer, then jQuery will add value to your profile. It offers a great deal of flexibility and power to web designers. It is widely used, is lightweight and clean and open source. Having this skill will be an advantage to web developers in career growth.
jQuery is worth the effort, money, and time. This library can offer stunning effects on the website. With a little coding, It will be a big part of web development. It has all the tools needed to build a website that is interactive and highly engaging. Overall, it is a game-changing technology.
This has been a guide to What is jQuery. Here we discussed the Advantages, Required skills, Scope and career growth of jQuery. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –