Updated March 3, 2023
Differences Between Angular and Bootstrap
Head To Head Comparison Between Angular and Bootstrap (Infographics)
Below is the Top 4 Comparisons Between Angular vs Bootstrap
Key Differences Between Angular and Bootstrap
Though both are used for web page development, they have some significant differences between Angular vs Bootstrap are as follows:
- Bootstrap has various components, utilities, and migration facilities. The components include alerts, forms, pagination, navbars, tooltips, etc. It also provides utilities like borders, colors, sizing options, spacing options, etc. With all these at hand, development is easy and fast. AngularJS, on the other hand, has directives, reusable components, localization and testability as its main features. The directives help you create your HTML syntax specific to your application. Reusability allows you to reuse components and allows you to hide complex structures and their behavior. This helps in keeping an eye on an application, and it looks separately. Also, the code created in AngularJS is unit test ready and does not require separate testing.
Angular vs Bootstrap Comparison Table
Following is the Comparison Table between Angular vs Bootstrap:
|Basis of Comparison
|Basic Difference and history
|AngularJS was developed by Google and is used worldwide. It is one of the top frameworks used for front-end development. It provides a set of components that help to structure the application and organize the project as required.
|Controllers and Forms
|AngularJS takes data, processes it and then sends it to the end-user. It must have the business logic, which is to be implemented. The controller uses a data model and carries out the processing. Its main responsibility is to control data that is further passed to a view. This view has two-way communication, and it can call functions. Events present in the view can further call methods.
|For taking input from a user and processing it, Bootstrap uses forms. These forms are input-based components that collect data. It provides different kinds of forms like vertical, inline and horizontal form. It provides textual form controls like <input>, <select> which are styled using .form-control class. There are operations like sizing, read-only, etc., which help in controlling the data.
|Following are a few advantages of Angular:
1) A good MVC: Most frameworks require that an application is divided into multiple MVC components. A developer has to write them separately and then integrate them. This is done automatically in AngularJS.
2)More intuitive: AngularJS is easy to learn as it uses most components of HTML. HTML is a declarative language; most components can be recognized, and it requires less reorganizing.
3) Comprehensive: AngularJS does not need any additional plugins or frameworks. It also supports a number of additional features like Restful actions, data building, dependency injection, enterprise-level testing, etc.
4) Unit test ready: There is no need to test the AngularJS code as its framework has the capability of doing it by itself.
|Following are a few advantages of Bootstrap:
1) Speedy development: The development process is very fast when Bootstrap is used. It helps to save efforts as it provides CSS functionality and pre-defined blocks of code.
2)Consistency: Bootstrap ensures consistency regardless of the way it is developed. Also, it ensures uniformity across different browsers, and the output remains the same across all of them.
3)Responsiveness: Bootstrap provides ready-made classes which make finding spots in a grid system easier and also utilizes each column. Once you identify the column, you can load the data to horizontal columns at whichever point you want. As a result, working on fluid grid layouts is made smooth and easy through Bootstrap.
4)Customizable: The developer can easily choose the various aspects required for designing and customizing a page. You can easily remove the components that you do not need and similarly add whichever components are needed as per your requirement. As a result, you use a custom version of your own Bootstrap.
Both frameworks are useful in front-end development. One provides speed and ease of getting all components while the other have controllers and localization, which help in creating single web pages with its minute details.
This has been a useful guide to the Difference between Angular and Bootstrap here; we have discussed their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key difference, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following article to learn more –