Introduction to WordPress Interview Questions and Answers
WordPress is an online and open-source website development tool, which will be written in PHP language. WordPress is the most popular open source Content Management System. Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little initially release WordPress in the year 2003. It is declared as an Open source in the year 2009. WordPress is a powerful blogging and Content Management System (CMS) that allows users to build dynamic websites and facilitate customizing, updating, and managing the website from its back-end components. WordPress exclusively supports MySQL only to store data.
As mentioned earlier, WordPress allows people to create blogs also, i.e., to build communities, sharing ideas, and some of their own stories, which help many others to make proper decisions.
Some of the WordPress features are listed below:
- User Management: This feature mainly allows managing User information such as the user’s role, create, delete, and changing user password.
- Media Management: This is the tool used to manage media files and folders.
- Theme System: This Theme system feature permits a site to view and its functionality.
- Multilingual: This is a very useful feature that helps to translate website full content to user preferred language.
- Importers: Importers helps in importing data in the form of posts to the website.
- Search Engine Optimization.
Preparing for a job interview in WordPress. I am sure you want to know the most common WordPress Interview Questions and answers that will help you crack the WordPress Interview with ease. Below is the list of top WordPress Interview Questions and answers at your rescue, which is divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – WordPress Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic WordPress interview questions and answers.
1. What are the minimum requirements to run WordPress?
Below are the minimum requirements to run WordPress:
- The WordPress version should be the latest version. It is always recommended to use the latest and stable WordPress version (As of date, the latest version is WordPress 3.4–4.9.6).
- The system should have a version of PHP 5.3 and greater than (includes PHP 7).
- For DB, it should have MySQL 5.6 or above OR MariaDB 10.0 or above.
- System memory should have a minimum of 128MB RAM (depends on the theme, content and all plugins).
- The eval() PHP function and Multibyte String extension (mbstring) must be enabled in the system.
- It should be a mod_rewrite Apache module.
- It is recommended to use HTTPS support.
2. What is the difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org?
One of the major differences between wordpress.com and wordpress.org is who is hosting the website. i.e., in WordPress.org, a user can host their own blog or website. There is free WordPress software in WordPress.org that can be downloaded and installed on your own web server. But in WordPress.com, it takes care of all of the hosting parts, meaning the user needs not to have to download software, manage a web server, or pay for hosting.
- A developer will get a full domain on WordPress.org but only a sub-domain using WordPress.com.
- WordPress.com has many limitations compared to WordPress.org.
- Its user does not own content on WordPress.com, but the content will be own when using WordPress.org.
- People consider them more seriously when they use WordPress.org than WordPress.com.
Let us move to the next WordPress Interview Questions.
3. What are the different types of gadgets present in the WordPress Dashboard?
The different types of gadgets available in the WordPress Dashboard and are as listed below:
- Dashboard Menu
- Screen Options
- Quick Draft
- WordPress News
- At a Glance
4. How safe is a website on WordPress?
The website built using on WordPress is very safe to operate. Still, it is always recommended and suggested to keep updating the latest WordPress versions to avoid hacking the website. This is the common WordPress Interview Questions asked in an interview.
5. List the positive aspects of WordPress?
Below are some of the positive aspects of WordPress that are
- It is a very easy installation process and up-gradation of it.
- It has an in-built SEO engine.
- It has many easy theme system.
- Multilingual- available in more than 70 languages, which helps to provide easy understanding for all website users.
- By using WordPress, a user can own data- no unwanted advert on your website.
- Flexibility and Easy publishing option.
6. What is the prefix of WordPress tables by default?
The prefix used for WordPress tables is “ wp_ “
Part 2 – WordPress Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced WordPress Interview Questions.
7. What are the steps you can take if your WordPress file is hacked?
Some of the below actions to be taken when a WordPress file is hacked
- Security plug-ins like WP security should be installed.
- User-ids and password for all users in it should be Change.
- Re-installation of the latest version of WordPress should be done.
- Check the themes and plug-ins are up to date.
8. How Is a Custom theme different from a Normal theme?
The custom theme provides an option for SEO search. Since SEO plugins available in it, they will not make much difference compared to a normal theme. But one main advantage of using the Custom theme is that it allows making the changes without going depth much into the coding part. This is advanced WordPress Interview Questions asked in a WordPress interview.
9. How can a static page create with WordPress?
Creating a static page in WordPress is a very interesting process; go to the Page section, upload a PHP file to the server in the respective theme folder, and select it as your template. Then it allows adding any page as you wish to add and choose you wanted for your blog, and it will remain static.
Let us move to the next WordPress Interview Questions.
10. What are the disadvantages of WordPress?
Below are some of the disadvantages of using WordPress:
- Using many plugins makes the website heavy to load and run, making performance issue in certain conditions.
- PHP knowledge is a must and required to do any changes on the WordPress website.
- To avoid from hacking, WordPress’s software needs to be updated to keep it up to date with all its current browsers and mobile devices. Updating WordPress versions may lead to data loss, so it requires a backup copy of the website every update.
- Changing and formatting the graphic images and tables is a little difficult.
11. In what case we cannot recommend WordPress to our client?
WordPress cannot be recommended to a client in the following conditions:
- If a client is not working on a CMS-based project.
- WordPress is for a simple e-commerce website, and hence it is not recommended for complex or innovative e-commerce.
- It is not suitable for an enterprise intranet solution.
- WordPress is not good when websites require custom scripting solutions.
This has been a guide to the List Of WordPress Interview Questions and Answers. Here we have listed the best 11 interview sets of questions so that the jobseeker can crack the interview with ease. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Campus Interview Questions
- Drupal Interview Questions
- HTML5 Interview Questions
- Cucumber Interview Questions