Introduction HTML5 Interview Questions And Answers
HTML5 is basically a markup language which is used for structuring and content presentation on the World Wide Web. It is the latest version of HTML standard after HTML 4.0.1, XHTML 1.0 and XHTML 1.1. It was published in October 2014 by the W3C (World Wide Web Consortium).
HTML5 Interview Questions introduces a number of new features and some of them are:
- It provides support for local storage
- Audio and video files now can be easily implemented on the web pages without restoring to third-party plugins.
- It provides new form controls like date, time, calendar, search etc.
- It provides new content specific elements like <header>, <footer> and <section>.
- It supports drag and drops functionality on the same webpage.
- It also provides backward compatibility with existing web browsers.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to HTML5 then you need to prepare for the HTML5 Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles but still to clear the interview you need to have a good and clear knowledge of HTML5. Here, we have prepared the important HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
Below are the 10 important HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers that are frequently asked in an interview. These question are divided into parts are as follows:
Part 1 – HTML5 Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers
1. What are the different elements and corresponding tags used by HTML5 media content?
4.5 (2,710 ratings)
<audio> and <video> elements are used by HTML5 media content. Please find below the tags used for the same:
- <audio>: Used for the sound elements
- <video>: Used for the movie or any video elements
- <embed>: Used for the external application purpose
- <track>: Used for the text tracks clarification of <audio> and <video> contents
- <source>: Used for the different media resources of <audio> and <video> elements.
2.What are different new form element types provided by HTML5?
There are mainly 10 important form elements which are newly introduced in HTML5:
- Date : <input type= “date” name = “day”>
- Color: <input type= “color” name= “favrtcolor”>
- Email: <input type= “email” name= “email”>
- Datetime-local: <input type= “datetime-local” name= “day_time”>
- Time: <input type= “time” name= “user_time”>
- Range: <input type= “range” min= “0” max= “30” step= “3” value= “5”>
- URL: <input type= “url” name= “websitename”>
- Telephone: <input type= “tel” name=”usertel”>
- Number: <input type= “number” name= “quantity” min= “1” max= “10”>
- Search: <input type= “search” name=”test”>
Let us move to the next HTML5 Interview Questions.
3.Explain the new <canvas> element in HTML5?
HTML5 provides the new <canvas> element to facilitate 2D drawing. It uses the tag <canvas>which helps in drawing graphics using Java scripts. The following code defines the canvas area for drawing purpose:
<canvas height=””600″” id=””mycanvas”” solid=”” style=””border:1px” width=””900″”></canvas>
4.Explain the difference between Canvas and SVG?
This is the basic HTML5 Interview Questions asked in an interview. Please find below the differences between Canvas and SVG:
- Canvas is resolution dependent whereas SVG is resolution independent.
- In case of SVG, an event handler can be associated with the drawing object whereas Canvas doesn’t support event handlers to be associated with the drawing objects.
- SVG is slower than Canvas as in the case of SVG, co-ordinates need to be remembered for later manipulation purpose
- Canvas is suitable for graphics intensive gaming purpose whereas SVG is not suitable for gaming
5. Explain the differences between sessionStorage and localStorage objects in HTML5?
session Storage stores data as per the different web sessions availability and thus if any window or tab is permanently closed then any data or records which are stored through sessionStorage will be deleted. But in the case of local storage, the storing procedure is permanent and hence all the records will remain stored on the user’s device until the user instructs the browser to delete it.
Part 2 – HTML5 Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced HTML5 Interview Questions.
6. Explain the usage of HTML5 semantic elements?
The usage of the different HTML5 semantic elements are described below:
- <header>: It is mainly used to store and define the starting information about a web page section.
- <article>: It is used to define a set of information which can be logically independent and also can be described with respect to the concerned web page business logic.
- <section>: It mainly consists of a set of instructions that defines the basic structure and content of the page
- <footer>: This is used to hold a set of information that is getting displayed at the last portion of a webpage
7. Explain HTML5 Web Storage?
Using HTML5, a web page can store local data on the opened browser page. It is generally prescribed as a more secure and faster approach with respect to any web page performance evaluation process.
Let us move to the next HTML5 Interview Questions.
8. How can you draw a straight line on a Canvas?
The user can actually follow different methods to implement the process:
- Move To(x,y): It will define the start point procedures while creating the line
- line To(x,y): It will define the endpoint procedures while creating the line
- Stroke(): Now using this method, the actual object can be drawn.
9. How can an image be drawn on a Canvas?
The following method can be used to implement the image:
drawimage(image,x,y): This will define and implement the image on Canvas.
10. Explain a few advantages and disadvantages of HTML5?
This is the advanced HTML5 Interview Questions which is asked in an interview Please find below the list mentioning few advantages and disadvantages of HTML5:
- It provides greater consistency in terms of the HTML used to code a web page
- It provides both Audio and Video support
- It helps developers to use fancier forms
- It provides geolocation support
- HTML5 is the most mobile-ready tool for developing mobile sites and apps.
- It usually requires less maintenance support
- It also provides more reliable storage options functionality.
- It only provides the modern browser support
- It has media licensing issues
- It has a fragmentation problem. So, the new HTML5 feature may be properly implemented in FireFox but again it may create problems while implementing the same in internet explorer.
This has been a guide to List Of HTML5 Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these HTML5 Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied about top HTML5 Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –