Is Splunk Open Source?
No, Splunk is not an open source and there is a good amount of costing is associated with its usage. In this Is Splunk Open Source article, We will be discussing more about Splunk and why it is not an open source tool.
Splunk and Open Source
Splunk is basically a software platform which is mainly used in the machine-generated data analysis and is also implemented in the data visualization process as per the current industry and market standards. But there is a good amount of costing is associated with its usage and thus it is not an open sourced tool. Open sourced tools are those which normally come under free of cost bucket.
Splunk can be used in different open source projects while building customized APIs. Most of the Splunk open source projects are placed on GitHub. It has built-in features to identify different types of data types and customize the search processes. Data visualization process is also implemented in the search results process.
Find below few important features of Splunk.
- Data Model: The analytical and selected data structures can be modeled into one or more data sets and the whole phenomenon is mainly implemented on the specialized domain knowledge. This navigation process, as a result, becomes easier by the end-users for the data analysis process and concerned cases without learning the technicalities of the search processing language implemented by Splunk.
- Data Search Process: Data searching process in Splunk is mainly implemented using the indexed data for producing different data metrics, predicting future trends and identifying patterns in the data models.
- Data Indexing: This is also an important feature while using Splunk. The selected data can be indexed by Splunk for making the search engine performance faster and it also helps to query different set of data information and producing the optimized results.
- Dashboards: Splunk Dashboards is mainly implemented to view the high-level data analysis and corresponding results. Different Chart forms, report types and excel data outcomes can be imported and produced here for better representation purpose.
- Alert Handling Process: Splunk normally manages the alerts in a smarter way and can be used to trigger emails or RSS feeds while querying some data results and under some specific business define conditions.
Splunk can be used in different open source projects while building customized APIs. It can be used in different applications based on different circumstances.
- Real-time data processing and visualization can be easily performed using Splunk.
- Splunk is used in different data models and data format analysis. The processed data for Splunk could be in any format like CSV, JSON, and others
- Data search, analysis, and investigation can be conveniently performed using Splunk
- Splunk alerts can be easily handled and can be used to troubleshoot the failure conditions and analyzing the same to improve the search engine performances.
- Using Splunk, the data dashboards can be easily monitored for the data analysis, visualization and report presentation purpose.
- Any IT system and tool performance can also be analyzed and monitored using Splunk tool
- Splunk also has its usage and impacts on the Artificial intelligence and data strategy process.
Importance of Splunk and Open Source
Splunk is one of the known and widely used search engines for working with machine-generated data. In the current industry and markets, there are standard benchmarks for different open source and paid tools performance. Under the current circumstances, many of the biggest organizations in the world are parsing huge volumes of machine data just to stay ahead of the competition. So Splunk becomes the favorable choice for creating communication between machine data and artificial intelligence. Splunk Open source has different owned templates and procedures for producing and analyzing a large amount of data in a more convenient and easier way. Splunk can be used to capture and analyze correlated data from a searchable repository all in real-time and generates insightful graphs, reports, dashboards, and alerts. Machine data has its own importance nowadays and has become one of the booming technologies and thus a large number of companies are investing heavily in the same and converting it into a business advantage. Splunk and using the open source platform can be implemented to make all the machine data easily accessible by identifying the patterns, analyzing the metrics, diagnosing the problems and providing actionable insights. Splunk and its originated open source APIs can be used to make the system securities stronger for the data analysis and storage perspective.
On the other hand, the Open-source software (OSS) is basically a type of computer software in which source code is released under a license in which the copyright holder grants users the rights to study, change, and distribute the software to anyone and for any purpose. Thus in a simple way it can be concluded that open source tools are normally easily accessible for the users and often available free of cost. Open-source software development, or collaborative development between different independent contributors, generates an increasingly more diverse scope of design perspective than any company is capable of developing and sustaining long term. Splunk can be used in different open source projects while building customized APIs. Most of the Splunk open source projects are placed on GitHub. It has built-in features to identify different types of data types and customize the search processes. Data visualization process is also implemented in the search results process.
Conclusion – Is Splunk Open Source
To summarise, Splunk is not open source software, its main aim is to convert and communicate between machine data and artificial intelligence and based on different open source platforms, it can be implemented to identify the data patterns, analyze the data metrics and diagnose the problems and providing actionable insights. Splunk can also be used in different open source projects while building customized APIs and its originated open source APIs can be used to make the system securities stronger from the data analysis and storage perspective.
This has been a guide to Is Splunk Open Source?. Here we discuss the basic concepts of Splunk like features of Splunk and its open sources etc. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –