Introduction to Investment Banking Operations Jobs
Investment Banking Operations- are available with several different types of organizations. Many jobs are to be found at the large global investment banks such as Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley. Also, you can get jobs in the investment banking analyst work department of large commercial banks such as Citigroup or Deutsche Bank.
Competition for the investment banking jobs is indeed fierce as many employers essentially have their pick of qualified and experienced candidates. Therefore, if one is interested in a career as an investment banker, the best way to prepare is to do exceptionally well in your academics. This makes you appear as an attractive candidate.
Investment Banking Operations Jobs Hierarchy
- Vice President
- Managing Director
Now let’s understand the role played by each of the positions individually
1) Role Of An Investment Banking Analyst Work
Analysts are the lowest in the hierarchy chain of the investment banking analyst work and therefore do the majority of the work. The work includes three prime tasks like presentations, analysis, and administrative.
Investment banking analysts spend a lot of time preparing pitch books. The process is very much planned, intensive and attention to detail is critical.
This work includes scheduling, conference calls, meetings, making travel arrangements and keeping an up-to-date work list.
2) Role Of An Investment Banking Analyst Work Associate
Investment banking associates are usually recruited directly out of MBA programs. They can also be the analysts who have been promoted. The role of an investment banking associate is similar to the analyst’s role. Working 80 to 100 hour per week is common. Investment banking associate’s stress over pitch books and models all night, become experts with financial modeling using Excel.
He may have the additional responsibility of serving as a link between junior and senior bankers, and in some instances, he may work directly with clients.
A relationship between Analyst and Associates
- Associates check the work of analysts and assign them tasks.
- Associate looks at the output and then determines whether the numbers in front of him make any sense or not.
3) Role of Vice President and Managing Director
Their main job is sourcing deals and maintaining a relationship with clients. They also play a major role in analyzing the Industry and predicting the future deals. By anticipating such needs, Managing Directors of an investment bank starts preparing relevant pitches. Their aim is to turn these pitches into live deals. MDs set their own working hours and deal with clients at the highest level. The major role is to develop and cultivate relationships with various companies in order to create business for the firm. Managing directors of an investment bank typically focus on one industry and visit these companies on a regular basis. These visits are generally called as “sales calls”.
You may also learn the basics of Investment Banking Industry Structure here.
Investment Banking Operations Jobs – Upsides 🙂
- The big Salary cheque is indeed attractive !!!
- You may get the ticket to a prestigious MBA program given that you did extremely well and showed signs of leadership.
- Stepping stone to bigger things like hedge-funds or private equity
- Prestige and the Power.
Investment Banking Operations Jobs – Downsides 🙁
- No social life
- You can be perceived as a greedy person.
- No family or friend time.
- Permanent bye bye to your precious sleep.
Investment Banking Operations Jobs – Intangible Skills
- Global outlook
- Sales skills
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Work hard at any hours
Investment Banking Operations Jobs – Tangible Skills
Here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about the Career In Investment Banking Operations Jobs so just go through the link.
- Amazing Guide On of Financial Model
- How to get the Best Estimate Investment Banking Analyst Bonus
- How to Get the best Investment Banking Jobs Offer
- Know About Investment Banking Associate Salary
- Importants Of Investment Banking Pitch Book
- Investment Banking Career Guide (Best Expert Advice)
- How To Get The Best Corporate Finance Jobs (Powerful)
- Important of Investment Banking Coaching
- Top Differences of Investment Banking vs Private Equity