Difference Between Bootstrap vs Jquery
Bootstrap is used for developing responsive build and mobile-first projects on the web. It is used to develop compatible and instantly with every size of the screen as it provides consistency across all the browsers and different devices. With help of HTML and CSS, it is easy to customize in a wide variety. Bootstrap is one of the topmost ranked repositories on Github.
Bootstrap is having the feature of a wide variety of themes and plugins, which is used to make the application more interactive and easy to use. It also supports native mobile look and feel. It is easy to use and readily available.
Head to Head Comparison Between Bootstrap and Jquery (Infographics)
Below is the top 6 difference between Bootstrap and Jquery:
Key Differences Between Bootstrap and Jquery
Let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Bootstrap and Jquery:
- Bootstrap is high responsive design applications, which helps in accessing the application from any device and it can be disabled depending on the requirement. Jquery is also responsive out of the box.
- In Bootstrap, applications look more beautiful and attracting. In Jquery, applications look dull and sluggish.
- Bootstrap is mainly designed to make the site up and running fast or quickly. Jquery is slow comparatively.
- Bootstrap can use the CSS framework to make the sites more customizable. In Jquery, sites cannot be developed with many customizations.
- Bootstrap is popular and ranked on GitHub. Jquery is also popular among the java developers.
- Bootstrap had a lot of variety of themes for a template which can be used for different websites. Jquery does not have this freedom.
- Bootstrap sites sometimes look the same as each other sites. In Jquery, there is no issue like this.
- Bootstrap is mainly fast and releases new features or components frequently. Jquery is slow and new features or components are not released frequently.
- Bootstrap does support the native mobile look and feel of an application. Jquery does not support the native mobile look and feel and it almost looks the same.
- Bootstrap has great community and documentation available with live examples and templates ready for use. Jquery documentation is lacking in various areas.
- Bootstrap has a lot of plugins available for custom builds and making the application more interactive. Jquery does not have a wide variety of plugins to develop the applications.
Bootstrap and Jquery Comparison Table
The primary Comparison between Bootstrap and Jquery are discussed below:
|Basis of Comparison Between Bootstrap vs Jquery||
|Designed||It is originally designed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton.||It is designed by John Resig|
|Performance||Bootstrap gives more performance.||Its performance is slow comparatively.|
|Applications||Bootstrap is mainly used to develop desktop applications.||Jquery is mainly used to develop mobile applications.|
Bootstrap and Jquery both are used for front-end application development. These both Bootstrap vs Jquery can be easily combined and can solve many framework disadvantages. Bootstrap has a large file size issue. Bootstrap has too many classes and styling becomes messy, and abundance of DOM elements. Jquery becomes slow and sluggish, and sometimes look bad on large screens.
Bootstrap is used mainly to develop the applications instantly that is compatible with all the devices and screens. It is the most popular among developers with other front-end development languages and platforms. Customization and its quick performance make developers or organizations to choose this and develop the applications.
Jquery has great backward compatibility with almost all the browser in the market and easily embed with other library and languages to make the development easier. It has great global support. Jquery is leading in top sites and countries as it is in the market for a longer period. Bootstrap is new and getting market in top sites and countries as well.
The above is an overview of the difference between Bootstrap vs Jquery. These are having it’s own pros and cons to using. These can be used or selected based on the client requirements, available resources and easy for developing the applications. Both Bootstrap vs Jquery are having great community support and available documentation, which helps the new developers to learn and comfortable with these languages. It is always good to go out of the box to learn and try something new. Happy Learning!!
This has been a guide to the top differences between Bootstrap vs Jquery. Here we have discussed Bootstrap vs Jquery head to head comparison, key differences along with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Bootstrap vs Jquery articles to learn more –