Difference Between Vue.js vs jQuery
In this article Vue.js vs jQuery, we shall compare them, understand their uniqueness and differences and conclude which should be used when.
Head To Head Comparison Between Vue.js vs jQuery Infographics
Below is the top 13 difference between Vue.js vs jQuery
Key Differences between Vue.js vs jQuery
Below is the list of points describing the difference between Vue.js vs jQuery
- Vue was created in 2014 and is cross-platform Vue is mainly used to make front-end development ideas such as components, declarative UI, hot-encoding, time travel debugging, etc. more approachable.
- For performance, importance and learning curve, Vue can surpass Angular and React.
- Vue is very scalable and simple enough that it can be used as easily as jQuery
- Vue is used to manage a complete client and server-side DOM and complete navigation
- js is same to Angular and React what jQuery is to Vanilla JS.
- jQuery is simple, quick to proceed, elegant, simple, distinct from HTML, with thousands of plugins, etc.
- Using HTML for design and CSS for layout and jQuery for actions related stuff, there is a huge way to develop applications by separating the different roles without ever mixing. with one single HTML, one could come up with different interfaces.
- js is easier to learn than jQuery- as simple as that.
- jQuery offers brevity, not simplification- often a misconception among its users.
- a beginner could build a trivial, simple web app with Vue and understand much more of its working by looking at its code than they would be building the same thing with jQuery.
Vue has taken care of many challenges and issues about jQuery:
- With Vue, there is no need to worry about DOM ready callback hijinks, that challenge of complexity has been encapsulated. Vue’s lifecycle hooks allow more refined control as and when it’s required.
- A simple link is made between the data property counter and the DOM node where it is rendered. No mental DOM is required, it can be seen on the page and it has the guarantee that updating the counter will not create any issue with DOM in unexpected ways due to incorrect node selection.
- In Vue, there are no ambiguous API methods to look up. Different functionality is carefully organized and stratified in the Vue constructor object or is applied directly to DOM element nodes in the template. It is done via directives giving them more context to be understood by.
Vue.js vs jQuery Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison between Vue.js vs jQuery
|It is simple and easy to start with||It is cross-platform|
|It has good documentation.||It has DOM manipulation functionality|
|Its components are great.||Power is its USP.|
|Simplicity is best.||Open source|
|It can be considered as simplified angular JS.||It has a power of plugins.|
|It is reactive.||It is easy.|
|Its API’s are intuitive.||It is the most popular.|
|Changed front end and coding life of millions of developers because of its simplicity and functionality.||It has great features which makes any applications a charm.|
|Configuration is smooth.||It’s very lightweight.|
|It’s a great alternative of reacting for front-end development.||Sometimes the APIs are inconsistent. Live events are very complex, size is too large, and it encourages DOM as primary objects.|
|Vue uses declarative rendering to render data to the DOM.||jQuery has great capabilities for event handling and triggering custom events.|
|a component system which is an important concept in Vue. it’s an abstraction which allows us to build large-scale applications that consist of small, self-contained, and many times reusable components||jQuery lags behind in this regard.|
Conclusion – Vue.js vs jQuery
With the above discussion between Vue.js vs jQuery, it is clear that the Vue is much easier and better compared to jQuery in any respect. The discussion above shades some important light on the use cases and implementation of the same examples using Vue.js with jQuery. It has been seen that writing sample example with Vue is much easier then jQuery, the same application is written in jQuery if revisited after a couple of months, becomes difficult for the author to understand regarding which part is doing what functionality. This is not the case with Vue.
To be able to build an application either Vue.js with jQuery, it is important to understand the work being done by each of the components in the code else one would still run the application successfully, but it will be hard to figure out which part is doing what work and debugging the issue will become a challenge.
With respect to this discussion between Vue.js vs jQuery, it is suggested that the front-end developers should start with learning Vue and then gradually move towards jQuery. Today even the best and largest of companies are using Vue for their applications.
4.5 (2,689 ratings)
There are many other similar technologies that either overlap or compete with either Vue or jQuery such as angular or react. Each has its own advantages, disadvantages and user bases.
jQuery being there for a longer amount of time is more mature. It has a greater number of followers on GitHub and Stack Overflow. The developer community size of jQuery is big. Also, it has more clients using jQuery-based applications.
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Vue.js vs jQuery. Here we also discuss the Vue.js vs jQuery key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –