Difference Between Vue.js vs Angular
What is Vue.js?
What is Angular?
Head to Head Comparison Between Vue.js and Angular (Infographics)
Below is the top 7 difference between Vue.js and Angular:
Key Differences Between Vue.js and Angular
Some key differences are explained below between Vue.js and Angular:
- Angular.js has support for typescript as its learning sources and documentation is typescript based whereas Vue.js doesn’t have typescript, but it is working with typescript to support Vue.js
- Vue.js vs Angular both are performing fast and with similar numbers on different benchmarks. So the performance is similar in real-time.
- Angular.js uses two-way binding between scopes, and to connect with asynchronous services, we need to use third-party components, whereas Vue.js uses one-way data flow between the components.
- Angular.js is a little complex than Vue.js in terms of design and API.
- Vue.js is easy to learn if we have little knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS, whereas Angular.js learning little steeper as it has a complex design and difficult to learn for beginners.
- An Angular.js framework will take more time to develop non-trivial applications, whereas a Vue.js framework will take less than a day.
- Vue.js vs Angular is easy to integrate with third-party components developed by developers, whereas Vue.js with other front-end libraries.
Vue.js and Angular Comparison Table
Let us look into the detailed comparison of Vue.js and Angular.
|Basis of comparison between Vue.js vs Angular||Angular.js||Vue.js|
|Complexity||Angular.js is not as simpler as Vue.js in terms of design and API as vue.js is created after major frameworks release. Angular.js will take more time to develop non-trivial applications compared to Vue.js.||Vue.js is very simpler in terms of design and API, with some knowledge to build non-trivial applications will take less than a day with Vue.js.|
|Data Binding||In Angular.js, it uses two-way binding between scopes, but if we want to connect with asynchronous services, we need to have third-party-developed components to integrate with the application.||Vue.js uses on- way data flow between the components, which make data flow easier and leads to develop non-trivial applications in less time. When connecting with asynchronous services, we can use libraries if needed.|
|Performance||Angular.js framework performs fast even though due to a lot of watchers as whenever scope changes, watchers need to re-evaluated again. But it performs equally with Vue.js having similar metrics on different benchmarks.||The Vue.js framework has good performance as it doesn’t have any watchers as it uses a transparent dependency tracking system with async queues. Both Angular and Vue.js performs fast with very similar metrics on benchmarks and addressing similar issues.|
|Flexibility||Angular.js is more very flexible as it is offering official support for a variety of systems with no restriction on the project structure or application as many developers love to have no rules, some or not, of course. These features made angular.js very flexible.||Vue.js is not as flexible as Angular.js as it is less opinionated as it has some rules to follow the project structure while developing applications but is more flexible for modular solutions, which make it adaptable to a wide variety of projects. So Vue.js is also flexible, not like Angular.js.|
|Typescript||Angular.js uses typescript as it is essentially required as all learning sources and documentation is typescript based, which offers static type checking for large-scale applications. It is a boost for developers with Java as a background, but it has overhead.||Vue.js doesn’t have typescript, but it has some official typings and decorators, and they are interacting with the Microsoft typescript team and Vasco de team to support with Vue.js.|
Finally, it’s an overview of the comparison between Vue js vs Angular. I hope you will better understand these frameworks after reading this Vue js vs Angular article. As we have seen different ways of comparison between Vue.js vs Angular frameworks, we can say Vue.js has more advantages than Angular.js, and Vue.js works seamlessly to integrate with other applications, whereas Angular.js has restrictions. Based on the project requirements and time frame, decide the framework that best suits the project.
This has been a guide to the top differences between Vue.js vs Angular. Here we also discuss the Vue.js vs Angular head to head comparison, key differences, along with an infographic and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –