Updated June 12, 2023
There are some basics which we all should know before moving forward. A few terms are used in the above lines, which may raise some curiosity among the beginners. So you can always explore those terms from the web.
- The first release of JQuery was in 2006, and John Resign founded it. With it, HTML document traversal and manipulation, animation, event handling, Ajax operation are easy to use across multiple browsers.
- With JQuery, one has to write less code of code, which is a big factor as it saves time and easy to maintain codes with fewer lines.
- JQuery libraries are easily available as it is open-source.
- JQuery website has comprehensive documentation and tutorials to get help to understand and start programming even to beginners.
- One of the many advantages of JQuery is that it will let the developer develop Ajax templates with ease. Let me explain what Ajax can do for you in one line; with it, you can simply do some events live to reload or refresh a part of the page without reloading the full page.
- JQuery java scripts files are required to run any JQuery commands.
|Type||It is a programming language.||It is an API (application programming interface.)|
|Commonly used on
|Same for JQuery, it is also commonly used on the Client Side.|
tags inside HTML.
We have to insert/import the JQuery libraries to run the code inside <script> and </script>. JQuery libraries can be inserted/imported in two ways:
1) Download the libraries from jQuery.com
2) Include libraries from CDN (content delivery network.)
$ – a sign to define
selector – query to find
action – JQuery action to be performed.
- Both the above codes are tested, so you can just copy and paste the codes in different text files and save them as with the .html extension. Then just double click on the files, and it will open in your default web browser or if your default browser is not set, open the files with a web browser.
- When you run the above code in your web browser, you will find a button (“Click Me”), and if you click the button, it will insert a text/value (“hello world!”) to the text box. Beginners should follow the difference between the two codes.
- When you will try to implement the real business logic, you will definitely find that with JQuery, you have to write less number of lines.
- In the JQuery (above code), CDN (content delivery network) type is used for importing the JQuery library. You can even copy and paste the URL. in your browser, which is written with double quotes inside “src”.With the loading of the URL. in your web browser, you will actually find some code, i.e. the JQuery library, which is also loaded with your code.