Updated July 5, 2023
What is TypeScript?
Given below shows the installation process:-
- Go to the nodejs.org site and download it.
- Install the Node js, then open the command prompt or terminal and check the version of a node using type node – v and hit enter.
- Now set up Typescript by NPM. Once again, through your command prompt or terminal, type the next command to set up Typescript.
- This command can install Typescript globally, allowing you to utilize it in every project. Following the setup finished, you may check the version by tsc -v.
- You can now use Typescript. Generate a new file out of your code editor, and an extension of this file should be .ts.
Let’s proceed while using the critical features of Typescript. Differing from JS, we can specify the types of each of our variables since the number, string, boolean, array, tuples, enums, any, and much more.
Beneath, observe a few examples of strong typing:
Object-Oriented Feature of TypeScript
It can be a simple object-oriented programming language offering solid features of this, including classes, interfaces, modules, inheritance, and so on.
For example, we can define a class:
We have created a Human class and could generate instances with the new keyword. Once assigning the Human( ) object, we must not express their type again. It happens instantly by Typescript.
In Object-Oriented Programming, we have an essential method known as a constructor( ). Every single class offers a default constructor method essentially, as well as familiar to create an instance of this class:
In Object-Oriented Programming, access modifiers are in use for limiting or permitting access to the variables of a class from external.
You will find three different kinds of access modifiers:
- Public: Allows access from beyond a class.
- Private: Doesn’t enable access from beyond a class.
- Protected: Allows access only in a class as well as derived classes.
Listed below are some advantages:
- It is free and open source; it is simple to write a program in TypeScript with little understanding.
- This can be helpful for both client-side and also server-side development.
- It has superb tooling support with IntelliSense, i.e., TypeScript program compilation and IntelliSense. Like a code can be added, IntelliSense gives valuable hints.
- The program in TypeScript is much more readable. The programmer can also add or perhaps replace the program quicker since it assists them in keeping in mind what every bit of code is described as.
- The program is easy as well as clean in TypeScript. Like the developers write the program, Static typing in TypeScript finds bugs that allow them to create a more robust program and keep it.
Uses of TypeScript
- Code refactoring in a dynamic language is additionally difficult, developing harder to keep the good program; it can assist in program refactoring with suitable software.
- Program quality carries out with static analysis software that mainly uses static-type programs. If so, TypeScript is excellent.
- Web browsers have no great execution of all of the features and hence need support from older web browsers. It facilitates the characteristics and may compile down to older emit.
- Performing refactoring improves speed.
- It is more remarkable for the compiler to catch errors rather than possess unsuccessful points at runtime. It will be among the best types of documentation you could have.
- The function signature is a theorem, as well as the function body. It provides numerous rewards for efficiency and then programmer knowledge.
- Programmer teams are combining additional powerful frontend frameworks, such as React and Vue, with TypeScript to create reliable, efficient, and scalable applications.
How will this Technology Help in Career Growth?
- In contrast to JS Angular, it is primarily a total MVC (Model-View-Controller) platform, which can be essential for any decent-sized web application.
- This can be increasingly more famous in the Front end environment. Many of these people want to work with or perhaps learn TypeScript for future projects.
Those two factors are excellent and will help forecast a great future for the upcoming Five years.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is TypeScript a frontend or backend language?
Q2. Which is the modern framework built entirely on TypeScript?
Answer: The Angular platform is entirely built on TypeScript. It supports Angular documentation and is also a primary language.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “What is TypeScript?” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,