It doesn’t need any compilation and rather needs interpretation. Why? When you compile a language, it will be converted into native code, and native code cannot be executed by other computers with different CPU architectures. But scripting language is written to compile by other programs, like a browser. So, send it as a code to any browser, which then reads it line by line and interpret and execute it.
- It is what every other browser supports.
- It is easy to learn compared to other scripting languages.
In this section, we will focus on the coding part. Let’s get our hand dirt by coding,
<!-- Pray the old gods! -->
var myHeading = document.querySelector('h1');
myHeading.textContent = 'Hello, world!';
What just happened?
First, using a function called document.querySelector (), you grab a reference to your heading in your HTML page and store it in a variable called heading. After that, you’ve set the value of the heading variable’s textContent property (which represents the content of the element) to “Hello world!”, which changes that specific element.
This HTML file is what sent to the client machine, and it will be interpreted line-by-line and executed. (Just like how you watch each frame in a movie)
- In recent years it is modified to run in a server environment (node.js). Frontend developers can easily understand the backend, so a developer from a frontend background and understand the logic of the backend easily.
- This language is an old pal. It’s been here for many years, and it will continue to be here, and its community is very big, so you get good support.
- It is a dynamic language designed to optimize programmer efficiency, so you can implement functionality with less code.
- It is one of the easiest programming languages to learn. Please try out VBScript then; you will know why JS is one of the easiest languages.
<!-- Notice that type property of script element is changed to text/vbscript -->
document.write("Yes!!! I have started learning VBScript.")
- Netflix – Movies & TV shows the online streaming company
- Trello – Trello is a web-based list-making application
- PayPal – Online payment system
- LinkedIn – LinkedIn is a business and employment-oriented website.
- Walmart – A retailer
- Uber – Taxi booking app
- E-bay – A e-commerce website.
- Websites – Obvious, this is why we invented this language. In websites, it is used to add interactivity to HTML elements.
- Johnny-Five – For robotics and IoT platform.
- Cylon JS – Robotics kit
- Brain JS for building Neural Nets
- Compromise for natural language processing
Here are some scopes,
- Become as a frontend developer – With this language, you can learn to React, Angular, or Vue.JS with ease.
- Become as a backend developer – If you want to become a backend developer, then try learning NodeJS, Language is similar, but the way it works internally is different. Knowing JS and knowing Node JS is different. But the syntax is all the same.
- Become as a Mobile developer – Furthermore, It has now extended to mobile app development for IOS and Android with hybrid development concept, desktop app development, and game development. All in all, now it is a very useful skill to learn if you want to go as a web developer. But, also knowing the native development favors you in a tough situation or building a complex future. If you learn react-native, you will be a mobile developer, but if you also learn native development, then you will become an unleashed mobile developer. Also, you don’t need to develop separate apps for IOS and Android. Just do single time code, and it can run on multiple platforms.
- Become as a tester – Frameworks like Jest, Selenium let the language to conquer testing also.
- Become as an IoT developer – You can use JS to code Arduino and circuits
- Asynchronous programming using promises or async/await
- Writing cross-browser codes, same behavior on multiple browsers
- Efficient memory management. when it comes to UI, it needs to be faster. People don’t like slow UIs. With only efficient memory management, we can optimize the performance of the application.
- Variable scopes understating
- Higher-Order Functions
- Arrow functions
- Responsive web designing
- Socket programming with PUB/SUB flow
- Document object model (DOM) and Browser object model (BOM)
- ECMA Script 3 and 5
- Prototype and inheritance
- Functional programming
- Basic understanding of HTTP-based APIs
How will this technology help you in career growth?
Let the number speak now!
All frameworks are based on JS; you can see that React and Angular stay on top. If you study React or Angular, JS won’t let you down.
Node JS jobs
Node JS is a backend platform; jobs posting for Node JS as a backend is increased in time as you see the graph.
From the graph, you can say that it is one of the languages for 2018, but what happens next? We don’t know. In my opinion, Golang will do great in the future. Let’s see.