Differences Between Angular and React
What is Angular?
What is React?
It solves the problem of an effective rendering of large data sets in web applications. React is used for handling view layer of mobile and web applications, to create reusable UI components. It was first deployed on Facebook and then on Instagram. It will let developers create large web applications without reloading the page as it is fast and scalable. React can be used as View component of AngularJS or other frameworks.
Head To Head Comparison Between Angular and React (Infographics)
Below is the Top 8 Comparisons between Angular vs React
Key Differences between Angular and React
Both Angular vs React are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences:
- Angular data modeling is limited to use small data models comparatively to react.
- Angular has behind in performance compared to react due to more DOM elements.
- Angular has a steep learning curve whereas react will take less time to master it.
- In angular, we have a lot of stuff ready to use and we can use as code re-use, whereas react we can use in the way we like.
- In Angular, we can able to bind in scope whereas react will have a link state for both values and on Change properties.
- Angular model is complex compared to react as react has the freedom to choose without performance issue.
- Angular is a full framework whereas react is a library.
- For data binding, angular uses ngrx whereas react uses Redux.
- Angular is easy to scale whereas react is more testable which can also scalable but not as angular.
- React is more popular in frontend and full stack communities whereas angular is improving their community.
- Angular is free open source license whereas react comes with some patent clause to use it.
- Angular has two-way binding whereas react has one-way binding.
- Angular requires a template or controller for router configuration whereas react doesn’t handle but has a lot of modules for routing.
- React is simple to understand even though it will take more time to set up whereas angular is complex and difficult to understand.
- React server-side rendering allows creating universal web applications comparatively to angular.
- Angular is a full framework which comes with a lot of things bundled together whereas react is flexible than angular and using with independent and fast-moving libraries we need to take care of updates and migrations.
Angular vs React Comparison Table
Following is the Comparison Table Between Angular vs React
|The Basis of comparison||Angular||React|
|Abstraction||Abstraction provides quick development with minimal details shown to the user but Angular’s abstraction is leaky as we need to debug internals when debugging||React’s abstraction is less flexible in parts like not able to attributes to HTML tags and it got solved by implementing mixins.|
|Debugging||As Angular is an event-driven system, if any issue occurs it will print long stack traces but it provides logical constructs like services. If anything is not working in Angular JS, it’s better to re-write as debugging is not a trivial task.||In React we need to look at fewer places for bugs and stack traces as they have a clear distinction between them. So, it is easy for debugging but when coming to HTML, it is hard to compare the original HTML and resulting HTML and Angular JS gives almost the same HTML.|
|Framework/Library||Angular is a framework as we don’t need to analyze libraries or other stuff. We can directly start working||React is a library which can be paired with all kinds of languages, universally flexible and we can exchange library with API’s.|
|Binding||In Angular, we can bind only to scope. If we want to do the binding to a server or asynchronous service we need to have an intermediate model||Whereas In React we can do binding by a value Link(link state) which is a single attribute for both value and onChange properties|
|Performance||An angular framework is quite huge and a little bit behind than React in performance||React has a Virtual DOM due to its library size is small and it improves performance.|
|Learning Curve||Angular has a deep learning curve as it has huge documentation and complex to master it as we need to understand the code and link.||React will take less time to understand up to a high standard and it has few lifecycle methods which are self-explanatory.|
|Native Apps||Angular has a native script for native applications and iconic framework for Hybrid applications||React has react-native for native applications and react-native-render for cross-platform applications.|
Finally, it’s an overview of two amazing frameworks Angular vs React. I hope that you have got a better understanding of Angular vs React frameworks. It is better to know about both Angular vs React frameworks and if you want to choose one then based on project requirement you can decide. Suppose if you have lots of dynamic content change within a view then you can choose to react. If you want to develop very quickly then you can choose angular as a full framework comes with a lot of libraries. So we need to assess the project and need to find out which will suits our needs.
This has been a useful guide to Differences between Angular vs React here we have discussed their Meaning, Head to Head comparison, Key difference, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following article to learn more –