Differences Between Python vs Go
Python is an object-oriented programming language, and Go, or Golang, is programming derived from the C language. Go is mainly used for system applications and programming, while python is used for web-based applications and database applications involving data analytics & data science. Both python and go follow functional & procedural programming methods, where the difference is that python is imperative & reflective and Go is strong with concurrency features.
Head to Head Comparison Between Python and Go
Below is the top 6 Comparison Between Python and Go:
Key Differences Between Python and Go
Below are the key differences between Python and Go:
- Python being a scripting language, has to be interpreted, whereas Go is faster most of the time since it does not have to consider anything at runtime.
- Python is a great language with an easy to understand syntax and hence more readable, flexible whereas Go is also in the prime league when it comes to clear syntax, which holds zero unnecessary components.
- Python does not provide a built-in concurrency mechanism, whereas Go has a built-in concurrency mechanism.
- When it comes to safety, Python is a strongly typed language that is compiled, hence adding a layer of security, whereas Go is very decent since every variable must have a type associated with it. It means a developer cannot let away the details, which will further lead to bugs.
- Python is less verbose than Go to achieve the same functionality.
- Python has tons of libraries as compared to Go, but gradually this situation with Go is improving.
- Python still gains the upper hand when it comes to syntax and thus user-friendly.
- Python is still a favorite language when it comes to solving data science problems, whereas Go is more ideal for system programming.
- Python is a dynamically typed language, whereas Go is a statically typed language, which actually helps catch bugs at compile-time, which can further reduce serious bugs later in the production.
- Python is great for basic programming; using it can become complicated if one wishes to build complex systems, whereas, with Go, the same task can be accomplished rapidly without going into subtleties of programming language.
- Python is more concise than Go. Dynamic typing helps but overall; one can also write very compact code with Go.
Python and Go Comparison Table
Below is the list of points; describe the comparison Between Python and Go.
|Paradigm||Object-oriented, imperative, functional, procedural, reflective||Procedural, functional and concurrent|
|Typed||Dynamically typed language||Statically typed language|
|Usage||Python is more focused to write web applications||Go is more focused on being a system language; still, it’s eating away python share of web apps.|
|Memory||Python offers no memory management||With Go, you can go dirty with memory management|
|Syntax||The syntax uses indentation to indicate code blocks||The syntax is based on the opening and closing braces|
|Concurrency||Lacks inbuilt concurrency||Concurrency is inbuilt|
|Object Orientation||First class Object Oriented programming, support for functional concepts||Mild support for Object Orientation and functional concepts but is strongly typed.|
In a nutshell, both Python and Go has its own set of merits, depending on the programmer’s skill and ability to understand the real-world requirement. Both Python and Go are clear and readable when it comes to syntax and reduce the burden of the programmer up to a greater extent.
Both Python vs Go can be immediately installed regardless of the operating system, thus bringing in a cross-platform feature. Python can be virtually utilized across domains like web development, animation, graphics, machine learning. It is mainly used in data science and holds a good number of libraries for scientific computing. There are a series of projects developed in Python. On the other hand, when it comes to networking services, Go has become a breather. It started as a system language, but over a period, it has built a reputation for networking services.
While learning computer-science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures, pseudo-code is heavily used; having a language like Python, which closely resembles to pseudo-code, is a big advantage that makes learning easier, Go on the other hand is blazing fast, easier to write, comes along with Go doc to automatically generate documentation making a programmer life easier than ever before.
This has been a useful guide to the Differences Between Python vs Go. Here we have discussed Python vs Go head to head comparison, key difference, and infographics and comparison table. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –