Differences Between To Python vs Go
Python is a general-purpose programming language created by a Dutch programmer Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991.
Go is a programming language also known by the name of Golang, created by Google in 2009.
Python supports multiple programming paradigms and comes up with a large standard library, paradigms included are object-oriented, imperative, functional and procedural.
Go supports multi-paradigm like procedural, functional and concurrent. Its syntax is traditionally coming from C, but it has done a lot of modification to improve upon features like simplicity and safety.
Python is being used extensively on web development landscape. It’s easy to learn since its syntax is easy to learn has become one of its biggest benefits. Its large library is cited as one of its greatest strength, which provides features to attain so many tasks.
Go syntax after arriving from modification with C is to keep the code readable and compact. It adds literal syntax which allows easier iteration over collection data structure like strings, maps etc. Most of the features about Go and its tools follow the UNIX pattern, having with utility in mind, so instead of merging into the language structure, a developer can now focus more on the development logic.
4.8 (2,630 ratings)
Python is a scripting language that can automate most of the handy stuff, over the years it has emerged as the most wanted scripting language in modern software development which varies from infrastructure management to data analysis. Its syntax is straightforward and hence it’s an ideal teaching language for a newbie. One has to spend more time thinking about the problem they are trying to solve, and less time thinking about language complexities.
You don’t have to compile your Go code to run it. It will be automatically compiled and run. A major strength of Go is that it’s minimalistic and fast. Although Go is not a scripting language like Python but people do write a lot of scripts with it. Go can act as a very powerful tool when it comes to web-programming, micro-services or mobile development. In many use cases, Go web development has proved to be more rapid than Python.
Concurrency is very different between Python and Go. Python includes lots of solid concurrency libraries but at the same time, it requires the developer to be clean about side effects and isolation. With Go one can write concurrent programs which operate on multiple cores easily, similar to Python, the developer is responsible for side effects and isolation issues. Python concurrency process is more resource demanding as compare to Go, hence Go saves the resources of CPU and memory efficiently. But then again, it boils down to developer coding habits if one has to take the cake offered by both Python and Go languages.
Head to Head Comparison Between Python vs Go
Below Is The Top 6 Comparison Between Python vs Go
Key Differences Between Python vs Go
Below are the Differences Between Python vs Go
- Python being a scripting language has to be interpreted whereas Go is faster most of the time since it does not have to consider anything at runtime.
- Python is a great language with an easy to understand syntax and hence more readable, flexible whereas Go is also in the prime league when it comes to clear syntax which holds zero unnecessary components.
- Python does not provide built-in concurrency mechanism whereas Go has built-in concurrency mechanism.
- When it comes to safety, Python is a strongly typed language which is compiled, hence adding a layer of security whereas Go is very decent since every variable must have a type associated with it. It means a developer cannot let away the details which will further lead to bugs.
- Python is less verbose than Go to achieve the same functionality.
- Python has tons of libraries as compared to Go but gradually this situation with Go is improving.
- Python still gains an upper hand when it comes syntax and thus user-friendly.
- Python is still a favorite language when it comes to solving data science problems whereas Go is more ideal for system programming.
- Python is dynamically typed language whereas Go is a statically typed language, which actually helps catch bugs at compile time which can further reduce serious bugs later in the production.
- Python is great for basic programming, using it can become complicated if one wishes to build complex systems whereas, with Go, the same task can be accomplished rapidly without going into subtleties of programming language.
- Python is more concise than Go. Dynamic typing helps but overall, one can also write very compact code with Go.
Python vs Go Comparison Table
Below is the list of points, Describe the comparison Between Python vs Go
|Paradigm||Object-oriented, imperative, functional, procedural, reflective||Procedural, functional and concurrent|
|Typed||Dynamically typed language||Statically typed language|
|Usage||Python is more focused to write web applications||Go is more focused on being a system language, still, it’s eating away python share of web apps|
|Memory||Python offers no memory management||With Go you can go dirty with memory management|
|Syntax||Syntax uses indentation to indicate code blocks||Syntax is based on opening and closing braces|
|Concurrency||Lacks inbuilt concurrency||Concurrency is inbuilt|
|Object Orientation||First class Object Oriented programming, support for functional concepts||Mild support for Object Orientation and functional concepts, but is strongly typed|
Conclusion Python vs Go
In a nutshell both Python and Go has their own set of merits, depending on programmer’s skill and ability to understand the real-world requirement. Both Python and Go are clear and readable when it comes to syntax and reduce the burden of the programmer up to a greater extent.
Both Python and Go can be immediately installed regardless of operating system, thus bringing in a cross-platform feature. Python can be virtually utilized across domains like web development, animation, graphics, machine learning. It is mainly used in data science and holds a good number of libraries for scientific computing. There are series of projects developed in Python. On the other hand, when it comes to networking services, Go has become a breather. It started as a system language but over a period, has built a reputation when it comes to networking services.
While learning computer-science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures, pseudo-code is heavily used, having a language like Python which closely resembles to pseudo-code is a big advantage which makes learning easier, Go on the other hand is blazing fast, easier to write, comes along with Go doc to automatically generate documentation making a programmer life easier than ever before.
This has been a useful guide to Differences Between Python vs Go here we have discussed their meaning, Head to Head comparisons, Key differences, and Conclusions. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –