Updated June 30, 2023
The starting phase of a blog is awesome, and it is a great idea. Every business should have a blog. Many of you would put all your effort into creating a blog, but most commonly, you forget to promote it. You write it and expect Google to do the rest for you. Without promotion, nothing happens on your blog. Now we learn how to promote your blog post, imp of promoting your blog post.
Importance of Promoting your Blog
You could create a great blog using all your ideas. But if you want to make your blog reach thousands of people, you should promote it. By promoting your blog, you can get the following advantages –
- Drive more traffic to your blog.
- Catch the attention of your readers.
- It will help the readers to share your blog with others.
- It helps to grow your business and get more ROI.
How to Promote your Blog Post?
How to promote the blog is a most important question that struggles most marketers. Content is the first and most important factor in making your blog successful. Your content needs to be awesome. To make your content outstanding, it should cover something new. Write your content from a different perspective providing new opinions and ideas. So promotion always starts with the content of your blog.
But having quality and relevant content will not make your blog successful. There are a lot of things that you should do to make your blog more successful. You should promote your blog post properly to reach your target audience and bring more customers or fans to your blog.
Here are a few strategies which will help you to promote your blog in a great way.
1. Share on Social Media
- If you have good content, share, republish, and pitch it in as many places as possible. Good content should be shared with many people, and the best place to share is on Social Media.
- You can publish it on famous social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and Instagram.
- Share your blog posts on social media as soon as you publish them in your blog. And share it on your personal as well as business social accounts.
- Include your blog links in your social media profiles, which works well.
- Try the Power of 100 rule, which means making 100 new contacts daily. Social media is the best place to work out this rule.
- Share your post more than once and re-promote your previous content, which was more successful.
- You can share more than one blog post at a time.
- Try to connect with people’s emotions when you share something because most people share your post only if they feel something about the content.
- If you will share your older content again, make changes to your meta description, subheadings, and quotes so that it looks new.
- If you post with some visual images, it gets more attraction than your normal text shares. Make your images speak and attract more traffic to your blog. Make your blog visually appealing to the users.
- You can also make your employees share your blog post on their social accounts and community.
- If you find out that someone has shared your content, thank them for sharing it. It will help to create a good relationship with the readers.
- If you find that it’s not the right time to share your posts, stop it instantly. You can find this out by using social media analytics.
2. Build an Email List
- Start to build an email list. I hope you would already have an email list from your website. Email is the best way to bring traffic to your blog in an organic way. It will also engage the readers with your blog and help them come back to your blog repeatedly. Many tools are available to build an email list for you. Expanding your email list is a vicious cycle.
- Send your emails at the right time for opens and clickthroughs.
- Don’t create your emails targeting just sales. This will make the subscribers unsubscribe from your email. Instead, keep your emails more informative and interesting for them. Once the subscribers are attracted to your mail, they return to your blog.
- Send emails regarding your latest post.
- It is best to send plain text emails because emails with visual media take a lot of time to open, so subscribers lose interest in such emails. Plain text emails will also give a personal look to your mail.
- Send newsletters through email. This again helps to promote your new content.
- Provide an option for the subscribers to share your mail on social media directly.
- In your email signature, include the links to your blog and posts
3. Do Outreach and Partnerships
- If you don’t have an email list or social media account, you can share your blog posts with someone who has already shared similar content. You might seek permission from other bloggers or business owners to share your content on their blogs or social media accounts. You can also ask them to share your content with others so that it reaches many people.
- Mention the influencers in your post and give credit to them. You can also inform the influencers using social media or email. This way, the influencers will be happy and gladder to share your content with others.
- Find out people who write round-up posts and connect with them.
- Some people create awesome content to send up in their round-up emails and e-newsletters. Connect to such people.
- Write a guest post to share your ideas with new audiences, and you can also conduct a guest posting campaign.
4. Use Community
- Engage yourself in some aggregate sites where a lot of information on a specific topic from different sources is shared. On these sites, you can share your content. The Upvote aspect of such communities will help the users to comment on the topic. A few examples of such sites are Reddit, BizSugar, Hacker News, etc.
- There are forums where people can post their questions and seek expert advice. This is another way to connect with your audience. A very good example of such a forum is Quora.
- Try to promote your blog post on social bookmarking sites. This will help people to find out about your blog if they are in search of a topic that is related to your blog. Some examples are Digg and StumbleUpon.
- Share your blog content with a group of people who are inside your network. It’s like giving and getting back culture. It’s a good idea for growing your business other than just promoting your blog.
5. Use Twitter to Promote your Blog Post
- Try to tweet at the best times so that it gains more attraction.
- Tweet at least 15 times a day to get more engagement from the readers.
- Use Twitter to help your readers in some way. Tweet only the important points of your blog.
- Limit your tweets between 70 to 100 characters.
- Include an image that will deliver your post to the best.
- Use hashtags in your Twitter feed to make it more popular and reach a large audience. There are tools to help you find the relevant hashtags.
- Keep testing your headlines. Write at least 25 headlines for every Twitter feed.
- Use Twitter cards to attach photos and videos to your content. This drives more traffic to your site.
- Place links in your tweet.
- Participate in a Twitter chat to share your knowledge and bring your blog traffic.
6. Using Google+ for Blog Promotion
- Use the right time to post your content on Google+ to engage the users more in your content.
- Post your content at frequent intervals.
- Optimize your post with some technical information and use attractive font styles.
- Use hashtags so that your content is visible to those outside your circle.
- Try +Post Ads to make your blog more popular. But to do this, there are a few restrictions, like you need 1000 followers, and your post needs to have family-safe content for the readers.
7. Using Facebook to Promote your Blog Post
- The same rule of Twitter and Google+ also applies to Facebook. Post your blog content on the right day and at the right to make it more effective.
- Share only one or two posts daily.
- Most Facebook users are lovers of entertainment. So when you post something on Facebook, make it more humorous and inspirational.
- And again, there comes the importance of hashtags. Use hashtags to reach a large audience.
- Promote your blog post at the top of your Facebook page so that it can increase the number of people it reaches.
- Create a Facebook group or community. Try to ask questions, get feedback, and promote your blog post.
- Go for paid Facebook ads to increase your reach.
8. LinkedIn is the Best Way to Promote your Blog
- Share the posts at the perfect time and a perfect number of times. One post per day is the limit for sharing on LinkedIn effectively.
- LinkedIn is a business professional social network site, so whenever you post something, see-through that it delivers some value to the people.
- You can also create a LinkedIn group. It is also the best way to promote your blog.
- LinkedIn-sponsored content is a paid advertisement to promote your blog.
9. Promoting your Blog using Pinterest
- Members of Pinterest are active only on the weekends. So post your content on weekends to get maximum engagement.
- Pin a post several times a day. Recent research has proved that pinning content 9 times daily is more effective.
- Write attractive content in your Pinterest post to get a lot of clickthroughs.
- Convert your blog post into visual media to make it more appealing to the users.
- Use colors that are more dominant, like red and orange.
- Build a community or group for a specific topic and increase the number of followers. This will increase the number of re-pins and will, in turn, help in promoting your blog.
10. Automated Content Pushes
- Set up an RSS feed because some visitors may like reading RSS feeds. They will also be able to segregate their favorite publications. If you use a WordPress site, you will have the RSS feed by default.
- Share your RSS feed through social shares and emails to help your content reach the audience best.
- Use the Web Push method to reach your audience who hates email or who have not subscribed to your email notification. It sends a notification whenever new content is added to your blog.
- These days the majority of traffic comes from mobile devices. Use Push notifications to reach out to your mobile audience.
There are also a lot of other blog promotion strategies, which are listed below for your reference.
- Paid Promotion
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Optimize your Blog Posts
- Create Link Bait
- Use a Social Locker
- Run a Contest
- Syndicate your Blog
- Answer HARO Questions
Writing a blog post takes more time and effort. Once you have put in all your hard work, make sure your work reaches many people. There are many other creative and best ways to promote your blog. Thus a clear strategy, some effective tools, some hard work, and some smart work is the best way to promote your blog more successfully. Once you have optimized your site using the tactics mentioned above, you will start receiving steady traffic for your blog.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Promote Your Blog Post” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information.