Introduction to DevOps Testing Tools
DevOps is advantageous for larger product development projects, in turn, to pick the unaccounted additional areas where a dedicated focus is required for warranting a quality product creation and implementation. Apart from development and testing, there are many other responsibilities that need to be taken care of so that the product development lifecycle goes through the phases smoothly. It helps in maintaining the agility of the project, to keep up the consistency of the development process, as well as deployment planning & timely delivery is made easy with DevOps.
List of DevOps Testing Tools
The best DevOps Testing Tools are listed below:
This is a leading platform for cross-browser testing and Phone Applications.
- Execution of large-scale tests.
- Totally consistent with open source tools along with selenium and Appium.
- DevOps new Appium tests or implement an exciting project.
- Combines with CL tools like TeamCity, Jenkins, and many more.
- Enjoy security and visibility, Enterprise-grade scalability.
Jenkins is written in Java, and also it is an open-source Automation server. Jenkins is a server-based system running on an Apache Tomcat servlet container. Jenkins can be used in assignments such as building, developing of programs or applications, and testing the software.
- We can easily install it on any platform such as Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.
- You can easily distribute your work beyond the different machines.
- With the help of a web interface, it can be easily configured and set up.
- Jenkins Execution of commands for Shell and Windows are in pre-build steps.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Jenkins: Click here
Bamboo is a continuous integration and deployment tool. It is used for the testing of DevOps. Bamboo supports many languages and technologies such as Ducker, SVN, Amazon S3 buckets and etc.
- It is very easy to set up Bamboo.
- Run tests for parallel lots.
- It can trigger based on repository changes, push Bitbucket notifications.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Bamboo: Click here
Selenium is an open-source tool that is most popularised to automate testing. It was specifically designed to support a wide range of browsers for automation testing.
- It supports languages like Java, C#, PHP, Safari, etc.
- Compared to other testing tools, selenium needs very fewer resources.
- Test cases prepared using this test tool can be performed on any operating system.
- It also supports different platforms like Windows, Mac OS, etc.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Selenium: Click here
This is a web-based hosting server and for the version, discipline applying GitHub. We can also say that GitHub is a content tracker. And it is also used to store the content but mostly in the code because of her features.
- GitHub has SSL security.
- It also has a third-party integration.
- GitHub will keep your public and private code available, protected.
- There are around 6 million Gits-hosted repositories.
- We can use the drag and drop option in that code that is immediately copied and pasted which save a lot of time.
- Here is the link from where you can download the GitHub: Click to download
Zephyr is the end-to-end solution for agile teams of all sizes. And also has great flexibility, reliability and observation you need to release better software.
- Assimilation with Jira, Bamboo, Jenkins, and many more within one step.
- It also has a DevOps dashboard and advanced Analytics techniques.
- It also has SSL-powered security and that 24/7 customer support.
- Zephyr has more than 50,000 users supports scalability.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Zephyr Click here
Jmeter is the project of Apache. It is also called a desktop application. This is an open-source testing load tool. Jmeter has a design to measure the achievement of websites. In the DevOps methodology, we can use load tool testing.
- Jmeter is open-source that is why it is freely available.
- Jmeter is also an independent platform tool.
- It supports HTTP, JDBC, SOAP, FTP protocol.
- Test results are available in various formats such as graph, table, tree, and report, etc.
- JMeter comes with an interactive and simple GUI.
- JMeter is developed and written by using java to run on any environment.
- Here is the link from where you can download the JMeter Click to download
This is an open-source platform which is used for testing mobile applications. You can write UI tests for your mobile apps, Android-iOS, and other operating systems. It allows users to use the standard Web-Driver library to test various types of mobile applications (such as Native, Hybrid, and Mobile Web).
- One of the fasted installations within one step.
- Quick connection to mobile devices locally or remotely.
- It will run your script in IDE.
- It is a simple application that needs a very small amount of memory for testing.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Appium: http://appium.io/
It is a testing tool for DevOps. It used virtual machine environments in a single workflow to be constructed and managed. It is also used for increasing developer productivity.
- It is very A powerful tool, simple and easy to use.
- Vagrant works like OS Mac, Linux and Windows harmlessly
- No Difficult setup; just download and click to installation.
- Here is the link from where you can download the Vagrant: Click here
DevOps is a collaborative approach between development teams and operational teams. DevOps allows the delivery speed depending on your company and customer needs to be increased.
This has been a guide to DevOps Testing Tools. Here we discussed the overview, key features, and list of best DevOps Testing Tools. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –