Updated June 12, 2023
Introduction To The SEO Practices
SEO Practices And SEO Practices For Websites
Two main factors play a crucial role in SEO practices. On-page SEO and Off-page Optimization To gain maximum exposure in the search engines, both Off-page and On-page SEO are essential. On-Page SEO includes all the activities one can do on your website to help you increase your ranking. Have you ever considered why your site has not ranked in the first position?
Here is a checklist of good On-page SEO techniques you should use for your website SEO practices.
On-Page SEO Good Practices Techniques
Following are the techniques:
1. Content serves first
A well-designed website with clear codes but lousy content will not survive in the SEO world. But a website with good content will achieve great heights with or without SEO practices for websites.
- What does good content mean?
- Want to make your post targeted and drive more traffic?
- Want to make the search engine rank your website in a higher position?
- Original content – Original that is free of plagiarism.
- Quality Content – Quality content is the king in the SEO good practices industry. Write quality content on each page.
- Content that is published on your site first – If you have written the content but already published it on another site, then it is not considered fresh content.
- Text description – Have a text description for all the videos and images on your site
- Helpful content – Publish On-Page SEO practices for websites contents that are meaningful and useful. Don’t publish content for the namesake. The content you add should add value to your site.
- Lengthy content – Length is another strength of On-page SEO practices for websites. Longer content proves to be better than short ones. But see-through that the content is rich in information.
- Researched content – Research your topic and write content from a trustworthy source. Check Your content for plagiarism before posting it to your site.
- The frequency of posting – Update and content frequently with fresh content. Fix a time gap and stick to it to publish posts.
- Engaging content – Make your visitors more engaged in your site through your content. Always write content from the point of view of the customers. You can engage the people in your area by asking questions or asking them to post their opinions.
- Social sharing buttons – Make it easy for people to share your content. Use social sharing buttons on your page to distribute your content among various social platforms. It will also signal the search engine that your content is more valuable. Believe us, On-page SEO + Social networks make a perfect match.
2. Page Titles, Tags, Description, and Formatting
The factors that search engines consider while ranking a site include the Page title, description, heading, and other site formatting. Search engines will easily index the pages only if they can understand the page. The factors are mentioned below in detail.
- Page titles – Every site page should have a unique title that will help the search engine and the users understand the page. You can include keywords in your title.
- Descriptions – Many site owners forget to include meta descriptions for their pages. The meta description is the brief content that appears to the searcher on the search engine result page. It should be short and crisp and can be up to 150 characters. The description should be attractive to make the searcher click on your link and reach your site.
- Meta Tags – Each page can include keywords as meta tags. The keywords should be relevant to the content of the page.
- Body tags – Always break your content into smaller sections to make it easy to read. These sections can have headings with labels such as H1, H2, H3, etc. Usually, H1 tags mention the main page title. These header tags will let the search engine know which part of the content is more important. Write headings rich in keywords that will be crawled more easily by the search engine spiders.
- Formatting – Appropriately format the site pages with headings, subheadings, font size, paragraphs, bold, underlined, and italics. Formatting the text will make it more appealing to the readers.
- Images – Images are another way of attracting customers to your site. But it should not increase the loading time of your page. To upload compelling images to your site, follow these simple steps.
- Use original image
- Customize the size of the images.
- Use the Alt tag for the image to make the search engine understand the idea.
- For the photos, use descriptive file names that include your keyword.
- Use Content Delivery Network if you have added many images on a single page. It will help the page load faster than before.
3. URL structure
Search engine-friendly URLs are very important for a site as the search engines will crawl better to these URLs. Splitting of URL structure happens into four parts.
- Permanent links
These are the links to every page on a site. An URL should not exceed 250 characters, and always use hyphens to separate different parts of a URL. Avoid using special characters in URLs.
Grouping pages under various categories will help visitors and search engines quickly find what they seek. You can also have subcategories, but more is needed to ensure your structure is sound.
- Breadcrumb Navigation
The navigation is displayed to the user to tell them where that page is on that website. It provides links back to the previous page. It lets the user navigate inside your site in a structured way.
A sitemap is an organized model of a website that allows users or crawlers to navigate through the site easily. It is like a layout map in a large shopping mall.
4. Internal Linking
Making the search engines and users move deeply into your site should be the primary goal of your site. It is possible using internal linking.
Internal linking is an essential weapon in On-page SEO Practices campaigns. Internal linking will help you to have control over the bounce rate. The uses of internal linking are listed below
- Users can traverse your website more effortlessly as a result.
- It enables the search engine to crawl to your site more quickly
- It helps to build the relevancy of the page and, in turn, increase the ranking of your page
Internal linking is considered more important in On-page SEO Practices because
- Search engine spiders will follow the links on a page. If your site contains content without ties, the search engine will read your page and go. But if there is a link, the search engine will automatically get redirected to that page.
- Internal linking is the best way to inform the search engine about your other pages that still need to be discovered.
- You can concentrate on the most crucial page by sending more internal links.
- It is the best way to increase user spending on your site. Thus it increases the bounce rate and the number of pages per visit.
5. User experience
A site that offers a good user experience is more likely to be ranked higher in search engines. Factors that provide a good experience are below.
Increase Site Speed
A website is user-friendly when it loads faster than other sites. A faster site can increase your ranking in search engines.
Search engines like Google are spending a lot to make the web faster. Search engines have added speed as one of the main ranking factors to make site owners realize the importance of loading time.
If you don’t know how to make your site load faster, use a tool to increase the speed and contact your host provider.
Search engines also provide some recommendations to increase the speed of your site.
One of the best ways is to use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to increase the site’s speed.
Responsive design enables adapting a site’s layout to the user’s browsing device. It will help the user to navigate easily around the area, thus attracting more customers to the site.
- Responsive design is also one of the factors in driving more traffic to your site.
- Responsive design will increase the click-through rates of a site
- It will enhance the site’s On-page SEO Practices performance
- It increases the visitor’s time on site
Is the font size too small or too challenging to read?
Your content can be of good quality, but if it is adequately delivered, your goal succeeds.
Make sure that the content on your site is easily readable. It will help to make the visitors get engaged in your area.
If your site has proper formatting and font, your bounce rate will stay the same. It will indicate to the search engine that the site offers no value.
Is your content well organized?
Can a reader quickly understand the content?
Always keep your content structured or organized so that even people who are just glancing at your content can gain knowledge from it.
6. Keyword Density
Including relevant keywords or phrases throughout the content is critical for On-page SEO Practices. As it will help the search engines to understand what your content is all about.
But the overuse of keywords will also affect your site. Overuse of keywords will cause ban you from search engines.
Keep your keyword density to roughly 2 to 5 %.
Instead of using the exact keywords repeatedly, find alternative words with the same meaning and use them in your content. This way, you can avoid the risk of being banned.
7. Add outbound links
Providing links in your site that will link to other websites related to your business positively impacts On page SEO Practices. Adding links to external sites will build a good relationship in the eye of search engines.
Outbound links will let the user dig deeper into the site’s content.
The main thing to remember while creating such links is always a link to a trusted source or site.
These links tell the search engine that the content adds value to the readers and will help the site get a higher ranking in search engines.
Use Geotagging feature in your site so that the users and search engines can quickly locate the place of your business.
The search engine is preparing for the next generation of On-page SEO Practices to rank websites. Search engines have decided to organize a site higher if the content written by people has authority over them.
Use Authorship to have authority over the content you publish on your site.
One way to have authority over the content is to publish the content through a Google+ profile.
These techniques are just a few ways to improve your On-Page SEO practices. These new On-Page SEO techniques will
- Help you get a higher rank for your site
- Improve the traffic to your site
- Let the search engine spiders crawl to your entire site
- Increase the value of all your pages
- Increase the relevancy of internal pages
It will take some time to implement these techniques on your site. But if done, it gives you a better result that will last long. It is worth doing.
So here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about the SEO good practices, SEO practices for websites, and also about the SEO good practices so just go through the link which is given below.