Difference Between ReactJS vs Angular 4
Angular 4 is a typescript based open source front-end web application platform led by the Angular team at Google. Angular is a complete re-write from the same team that actually built Angular JS. But Angular is completely different from Angular JS. The architecture of both Angular and Angular JS vastly differ. Angular 4 was released in March 2017 which proves to be a major breakthrough and is the latest release from the Angular team after Angular 2.
Angular 4 has a backward compatibility with Angular 2. That means project developed in Angular 2 will work without any issues in Angular 4. An angular community has introduced some significant improvement to Angular 4 and thus, the major version number has been changed from 2 to 4, skipping 3. The reason behind that direct jump to version 4 was that the router package was in version 3.x, so instead of putting everything to 3.0 and the router to 4.0, the team chose to upgrade the versions of all the ng – modules to 4.0
There are major changes that have been introduced in Angular 4. TypeScript 2.1 and 2.2 have brought nice features, also a new SystemJS plugin has been added, which dynamically convert component-relative path in TemplateURL and StyleURLs to absolute paths for a developer. Angular compiles the templates during the build, generate the JS code, in Just in Time mode, a compilation is done at runtime. Ahead of Time compilation has several advantages, at build time, template correctness is known instead of having to wait till runtime. Also, in Angular 4, segregated animation package from the core as a separate and dedication package. The template tag is now deprecated. Although it still works, one can use an ng-template tag. Angular 4 applications are smaller and faster when compared to Angular 2.
4.5 (2,206 ratings)
Head To Head Comparison Between ReactJS vs Angular 4
Below is the top 8 difference between ReactJS vs Angular 4
Key Difference between ReactJS vs Angular 4
Below is the list of points describe the difference between ReactJS vs Angular 4
- ReactJS is best utilized for dynamic and single page applications since it uses virtual DOM, can quickly react to data changes whereas Angular 4 is best suited for creating cross-platform mobile apps and progressive enterprise web applications and software.
- ReactJS uses one-way data binding means any model changes can affect the view but not vice-versa whereas Angular 4 uses two-way data binding means any model changes would affect the view and vice versa.
- ReactJS uses virtual DOM which is a simplified version of DOM whereas Angular 4 uses a browser’s DOM.
- ReactJS is better in-term of performance for a single page application since virtual DOM render the page quickly whereas Angular 4 uses traditional browser’s DOM, making its performance a bit lethargic as compare to ReactJS.
- ReactJS has a decent community support behind it whereas Angular 4 has a strong community support system since it is being more utilized as compare to ReactJS.
- ReactJS is completely backward compatible with previous versions whereas Angular 4 is also backward compatible with Angular 2 and beyond but versions below Angular 2 are not backward compatible.
Comparison between ReactJS vs Angular 4
The primary Comparison between ReactJS vs Angular 4 are discussed below:
|Basis Of Comparison Between ReactJS vs Angular 4||React JS||Angular 4|
|Development||Developed by Facebook||Developed by Google|
|Learning||Learning curve is minimal since consider library||Learning curve is steep since it’s a complete framework|
|Community||Sizable community support for React||Strong community support as compare to React|
|Data binding||Allow one-way data binding, model affect view but not vice versa||Allow two-way data binding, model affect view and vice versa|
|DOM usage||Uses virtual DOM||Uses browser’s DOM|
|Structure||React is just a ‘V’ in MVC||Fully-featured MVC framework|
Conclusion – ReactJS vs Angular 4
This has a been a guide to the top differences between ReactJS vs Angular 4. Here we also discuss the ReactJS vs Angular 4 key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- Angular JS vs Angular What are the benefits
- Vue.js vs Angular – Awesome Differences
- Knockout vs Angular
- JQuery vs Angular – Useful Comparisons
- Angular JS vs Angular 2-Want to know about Benefits
- Vue.JS vs React.JS: What are the benefits
- Angular 2 vs Vue JS: Want to know what is the Difference
- React Native vs React