Difference Between Oracle vs Google
Oracle is an RDBMS (i.e., Relational Database Management System) and hence it is commonly referred to as Oracle RDBMS. Oracle Database is a multi-model database management system and it is highly used in enterprise applications. After introducing the Oracle Database in a market, it extended the relational model to the object-relational model. So that it made it possible to store very complex business models in a relational database. here we will discuss the difference between Oracle vs Google.
Oracle has a very interesting evolution of history. Oracle database is developed by 3 friend’s team – Larry Ellison, Bob Miner and Ed Oates which is led by Larry Ellison (in a company Software Development Laboratories (SDL) in the year 1977. Oracle database is one of the widely-used and trusted relational database engines.
An Oracle database is written in Assembly language, C, and C++ programming language. Oracle database operates on all major platforms, including Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS. Oracle database is commonly used for running online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehousing (DW) applications and mixed (OLTP & DW) database workloads.
Google is one of the American multinational and it is popularly known for a search engine. Google has many other business/operations that include cloud computing process, Internet analytics operations, various advertising technologies, and many Web application developments, browsers and also operating system development. Google Company has employed to find different kinds of information such as pictures, online advertising technologies, maps, and websites and also to develop the applications that even just the answer to the crossword clues which is very interesting.
Google is formerly known as Google Inc. Similar like Oracle, Google also has a very interesting evolution of history. It was founded by Lawrence Edward Page (American) and Sergey Mikhaylovich Brin (Russian) when they were the students in the year September 4, 1998.
Google is a very famous Internet search engine in the world since it uses its own and patented algorithm, this algorithm is designed in such a way that it retrieves and fetches the search results to provide the most appropriate information from dependable sources of data. Google’s algorithm is patented and it is named as PageRank.
4.5 (1,932 ratings)
Google has stated mission which is very popular in its functionality – “organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.”
Head To Head Comparison Between Oracle vs Google
Below is the top 6 difference between Oracle vs Google
Key Difference Between Oracle vs Google
Both Oracle vs Google are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences Between Oracle vs Google:
- Oracle Database is a multi-model database management system and it is highly used RDBMS to build enterprise applications whereas Google is automatically scaling NoSQL Database as a Service (DBaaS) on Google Cloud Platform.
- Oracle BI business suite specially built and designed to provide the industry’s first integrated service and also end-to-end Enterprise Performance Management System to the users. Whereas Google’s Analytical tool is a software tool, it allows summarizing the data on high-level dashboards panels by enabling a user to generate various kinds of types of reports.
- There is information available on Integrations for Oracle BI but the Google Analytics tool has a variety of APIs that help a user to collect, configure, and report on user-interactions with user online content.
- In Oracle, the replication methods (i.e., a method to ensure for redundantly storing data on multiple nodes) are achieved by Master-master replication and Master-slave replication. In the Google Cloud Datastore, the replication method is achieved by Multi-Master replication using Paxos.
- In Oracle, the Partitioning methods (i.e., Methods for storing different data on different nodes) is achieved by horizontal partitioning. Whereas in Google Cloud Datastore, the Partitioning method is achieved by Sharding process. In the Oracle database, optional Oracle Partitioning is also available.
- Google Cloud Datastore offers some API for user-defined Map/Reduce methods, whereas Map Reduce is not supported in the Oracle database.
- The Server-side scripting can be achieved for the Oracle database by using PL/SQL programming language. Whereas the same can be achieved for the Google cloud is by using Google App Engine.
Oracle vs Google Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison between Oracle vs Google
|The basis Of Comparison Between Oracle vs Google||Oracle|
|About & Description||Oracle Database is a multi-model database management system and it is highly used RDBMS to build enterprise applications.||Google cloud data store, it is automatically scaling NoSQL Database as a Service (DBaaS) on the Google Cloud Platform|
|Primary and Secondary database models||Primary DBM: is Relational DBMS.
In Oracle DB, it uses Secondary database models are Document store, Graph DBMS info, Key-value store, and RDF store info.
Document store: Document stores are characterized by its schema-free organization of data.
Records in it need not have a uniform structure and those records can also have nested structure.
Graph DBMS: It is also known as graph-oriented DBMS. In this type, data can be represented in graphical structures as nodes and edges.
RDF store: The RDF (Resource Description Framework) is a methodology to describe the information, and it is exclusively developed to describe the metadata of IT resources.
|Primary DBM: Google is Document stores i.e., document-oriented database systems and this is characterized by its schema-free data organization.
Google has no primary DBM, it used secondary database models.
|Availability of Cloud-service||There is no availability of cloud service and support in Oracle.||There is an availability of cloud service and support in Google|
|Server-side scripts||In Oracle DB, PL/SQL is the programming language used in Server-side scripting.
Also uses java in developing Stored procedures.
|Google uses Google App Engine for its server-side scripts.|
|Server operating systems||Oracle DB can be operated on all major platforms / operating systems including Windows, UNIX, Linux, and Mac OS.||Google has self-hosted Server operating systems.|
|Supported programming languages||Below are the programming languages supported by Oracle database:
|Below are the programming languages supported by Google and its data store:
The fight between Google vs Oracle is taking place for many years and it can be considered as more than a war of technology of titans.
In the comparison between Google vs Oracle, Oracle stands in the first position compared to Google because Oracle has multiple features for data storing and easy access where Google is lag in some features. Example: Oracle BI has many features compared to Google cloud.
Even Google also overtakes the Oracle in many other features, example it provides easy and free APIs with its convenient support by the team.
Oracle can be adopted by Small Business, Large Enterprise, and Midsize Business. But Google cloud platform can be adopted and used by Freelancer (also called as solo operations), Non-profit companies/organizations, Public Administration, Small Business, Midsize Business and also Large Enterprise.
This has been a guide to the top differences between Oracle vs Google. Here we also discuss the Oracle vs Google key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Oracle vs Google articles to learn more –
- SAP vs Oracle – Which One Is Better
- Google Analytics Vs Piwik – Useful Differences
- Google Analytics vs Mixpanel
- Oracle vs PostgreSQL Differences
- MongoDB vs PostgreSQL
- Oracle vs MSSQL: What are the Differences
- Want to know about MongoDB vs Hadoop
- MongoDB vs Cassandra
- Oracle vs OpenJDK: What are the Features