Difference Between SAP vs Oracle
An acronym for Systems, Applications, and Products, SAP helps users develop applications that help monitor the systems and give expected products to the customers. The user interface in the application helps the user interact well with the system and know the system’s bugs or hardware issues. Oracle is the term used for Oracle Database that helps maintain the online transactions and manage the workloads in the system. The meaning of Oracle is hidden knowledge, and that is what exactly the Oracle database is to the user. Oracle uses SQL as its programming language for database management.
Head to Head Comparison Between SAP vs Oracle (Infographics)
Below are the top 7 differences between SAP vs Oracle:
Key Difference Between SAP vs Oracle
Both SAP and Oracle are enterprise resource planning software, but there are some key differences between them. Let us discuss some of the major key differences between SAP and Oracle:
- Database management in Oracle helps the organization handle the company’s expenditure and the resource details perfectly and fetch the data whenever needed. This process will not be easy with SAP as it does not possess a database and works with the inbuilt applications in the system. Therefore, I would prefer Oracle for the management of data and related stuff with its own programming language.
- The difference can be explained like this. While SAP is based on the applications’ core functionality, Oracle is based on the variety of functionalities it could provide. In simple words, SAP focusses mainly on the capabilities it provides for the functionalities and not on expanding the varieties. We can say that SAPHANA has artificial intelligence-enabled on the system. Oracle has different functionalities and provides basic database functions to all the applications. Enriched functionality is enabling the application to cover the market than competitive applications.
- SAP and Oracle support external applications to work along with their functionalities, and it helps the application to work well. A point to note is that SAP requires external party software to be installed to support the application. SAP works differently when external software is used as it has a separate dashboard offered in combination with the same external software. This helps the users to differentiate whether SAP is used alone or in combination with any other applications. Oracle supports the same, and the configuration offered when external and Oracle database combined is less and works like and external software in the same system.
- Audit management is done well by SAP, and this helps the organization to arrange the expenditures and the documentation is done well with the reports being prepared instantly. This makes the users to store the information and use it wisely with SAP. Many tools are provided by SAP to make the reports fast. This option is not available in Oracle, and users to need to create reports by themselves with the application.
- Users can be easily attracted to cool dashboards. SAP has a winning side for dashboards as their dashboards are pretty with drag and drop options. Also, the dashboards are made interactive with the users, and they can select the dashboards with the options provided. Role-based dashboards are also available in SAP. Oracle does not have a variety of dashboards, and their dashboards cannot be integrated with other applications to make them more useful. User-friendly dashboards are an advantage for SAP.
SAP vs Oracle Comparison Table
Let’s discuss the top comparison between SAP vs Oracle:
|SAP does not offer any prebuilt templates to the user. Also, they must do the billing manually in the system.||Oracle has different templates that are available to the user in a prebuilt format so that the user can help with any templates for their projects. The billing is also automated for users.|
|The human resource functions are well managed in SAP with automation and proper streamlining of the applications with the proper software.||Though human resource functions are considered in Oracle, it is not managed well due to the resources and technology being used.|
|Experts are available to help the users, but the support is not as good as that of Oracle. Security is protected, and users can notify them of a security breach in the application.||The service provided by Oracle is 24×7, and the experts are working closely to figure out the issues and managing the application very well. The support provided is impressive by Oracle.|
|SAP has a proper base in the ERP system as it has started before Oracle, and hence it can support various other applications in the system and provide up-gradation of the tool.||Oracle competes well with SAP, but while integrating with other applications, Oracle is not as good as SAP.|
|The integration of different applications is done from the ground level, and hence when an application is upgraded, other applications are also upgraded, and this makes the system work smoothly without adding time to the user’s tool up-gradation time. This helps the application to work well.||Integration of applications is not done from the ground level, and hence when the application is updated, other applications are also to be updated manually. Oracle can be considered as the group of other applications, and hence integration is not easy here.|
|The support to SAP from the developers is great that any answer can be found by googling it.||Oracle has great support from the company, but the developers base is weak, and hence documentation is the only source of knowledge to deal with Oracle other than customer support.|
|Right from manufacturing to billing to customers is covered by this application, and all these are done in a single interface.||Financial planning is more focused here, and the application works consistently to improve the application based on financial applications.|
Both applications are good to be used in ERP as they offer different applications and a variety of methods to reach the solution. Databases are centralized for both applications, and this helps to collect information whenever needed. The applications can easily handle any size of businesses, and hence it is tough for the users to decide between the applications. Integration of the supply chain throughout their applications have been consistent.
This is a guide to SAP vs Oracle. Here we discuss the SAP vs Oracle key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –