Updated June 9, 2023
HTML5 is the latest (i.e., the fifth and current major version) and the most enhanced version of HTML used to structure and present content on the WWW (World Wide Web).
HTML5 was released in October 2014 by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). It is published to improve the language to support multimedia features by replacing HTML versions– HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, and XHTML 1.1. There is a misconception about HTML5 as it is a programming language, but it is a markup language to structure and present web content on WWW.
The new standard incorporates HTML5 features. Some of the essential features are video recording & playback and drag-and-drop options, which were dependent on third-party browser plug-ins such as Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash, and Google Gears.
Almost all versions of browsers support HTML5 features/functionalities, like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Opera.
Below are some of the Advantages of HTML5:
- HTML5 is very simple and has clear syntax,
- It supports Multimedia Elements,
- Accessing the user’s geographic location is one of its features.
- It allows Client Side storage and Client-Server Communication, etc.
It is an interpreted and high-level programming language with object-oriented capabilities.
- It has significantly less server interaction
- When users or visitors enter an incorrect value, it gives them prompt feedback.
- It offers to create interfaces to increase the interactivity of the user.
- Provide many features like Richer interfaces like sliders, drag-and-drop options, etc.
- Browser Detection, Cookies, Control Browsers and Validate Forms, etc.
|HTML5 is a Markup Language of the web.
|Developers use HTML5 to create the fundamental structure and present content on the World Wide Web (WWW).
Web developers use HTML to define the various elements present in a web page.
|In a program, HTML5 markup language includes a header, headings, titles, footer & video, anchor tags, img tags, audio tags, etc.
|The server interprets web pages as a graphic interface written in HTML5.
Developers use HTML and CSS for website presentations.
|HTML5 is used to prepare the text to be displayed on a web browser. There are no constructs of language.
|Since HTML5 needs to communicate with the server and wait for its response, it is faster and more suitable for desktop applications.
|Security and scalability
|The server side creates the HTML code, ensuring greater security and scalability.