HTML5 released in October 2014 by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). It is published to improve the language to support multimedia features by replacing HTML versions– HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, and XHTML 1.1. There is a misconception about HTML5 as it is a programming language, but it is rather a markup language to structure and present web content on WWW.
The new standard incorporates HTML5 features. Some of the important features are video recording & playback and drag-and-drop options which were had dependent on third-party browser plug-ins such as Microsoft Silverlight, Adobe Flash, and Google Gears.
Almost all versions of browsers support HTML5 features/functionalities like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Opera.
Below are some of the Advantages of HTML5:
- HTML5 is very simple and have clear syntax,
- It supports Multimedia Elements,
- It has the feature – Accessing User Geographical location,
- It allows Client Side storage and Client Server Communication, etc.
- It has very less server interaction
- It provides immediate feedback to the user/visitor if the user missed entering some information.
- It provides to create interfaces to increase the interactivity of the user
- Provide many features like Richer interfaces like sliders, drag-and-drop options, etc.
- Browser Detection, Cookies, Control Browsers and Validate Forms, etc.
|Usage||HTML5 is used to create the basic structure and presenting content in WWW.
Web pages which are created with HTML define different elements present in a web page.
|Functionality||Web pages are interpreted by the server as a graphic interface written in HTML5.
HTML AND CSS are used for website presentation.