Differences Between Django vs Laravel
Django is an open-source framework for web development which is written in the Python programming language. The architecture pattern followed is Model View Template (MVT) in Django. The Django framework is used to develop complex web applications. Laravel is an open-source framework for web development which is written in PHP programming language. The architecture pattern followed is the Model View Controller (MVC) in Laravel. Laravel provides a rich set of functionalities similar to that of Ruby on Rails. Laravel can be used to develop a Content Management System (CMS) applications
Django framework was developed by the Django Software Foundation. Django was initially released in the year 2005. Django was licensed by a 3-clause BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) license. Django is being used in some well-known websites like Mozilla, Instagram, Bitbucket, Pinterest, etc., All the maintenance and releases will be managed by the Django Software Foundation. Django is lightweight and has a standalone feature for development and testing purposes. The primary goal of the Django framework is to ease the development of complex web applications in lesser time.
Laravel was created and developed by Taylor Otwell. Laravel was licensed by MIT License. It was initially released in the year 2011. Laravel needs basic or advanced knowledge of PHP. Laravel can be used to develop a Content Management System (CMS) applications. Laravel has upscale features in terms of more user traffic. The development time can be reduced in terms of framework feature which provides inbuilt features to ease the life of a developer. Laravel has good features to develop a web application from scratch in an easier way.
Head to Head Comparison Between Django vs Laravel
Below is the Top 8 Comparisons Between Django vs Laravel
Key Differences Between Django vs Laravel
Below are the lists of points, describe the key Differences Django vs Laravel performance
- Django is a high-level web framework based on Python that provides rapid development and clean design solution whereas the Laravel framework is also web application framework with elegant syntax and with different features such as routing, sessions, authentication and caching.
- Django provides rapid development, greater community, great packages, easy to learn, great libraries whereas Laravel provides quick development mode, dependency injection, application architecture, good community packages, MVC model, growing community etc.,
- Django has few cons in few features which are unsupported or less performance templating, URL dispatchers, underpowered object-relational mapping, internal subcomponents coupling whereas Laravel has few cons like huge static methods calling and slow performance.
- Django has various middlewares support whereas the Laravel has only HTTP middlewares. Django is a little bit faster as it uses the programming language Python which is faster whereas the Laravel uses PHP which is a little bit slower.
- Django has a lot of built-in tools like decorators, SEO tools, third-party libraries etc., whereas Laravel has simpler features and contains method injection.
- Django components are lightweight and have serialization and validating systems which are used to translate between web page forms and database values whereas Laravel has a composer tool which loads all the dependencies and libraries using a file called composer.json file that is used to place in a source folder.
- Django supports Object Relational Mapping (ORM) that provides an interface between application and database to persist the data from database efficiently whereas the Laravel has query builder and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) support with an active record implementation.
- Django supports multi ligula support which is compatible with different multilingual websites by its built-in internationalization system which is present in its internal system whereas Laravel contains different namespaces and interfaces which is used to organize and manage the resources.
- Django supports Administration Graphical User Interface which is a kind of ready to use interface for the administrative tasks or activities whereas the Laravel authentication and template engine mechanism which is used to design the hierarchy schemas and layouts including some dynamic content.
- Django supports different frameworks such as Ajax, Caching, RSS (Rich Site Summary) feeds and various other frameworks whereas Laravel has configuration management, routing, and testability where the configuration of management activities takes place consistently across different machines where the laravel framework is being used.
- Django provides development environment with a lightweight web server with easier and faster deployment which ensures an end to end development and testing activities whereas Laravel framework includes Queues and event & command bus which is used to run the cron jobs and event command bus supports executing different commands and dispatches different events in an easier way.
Comparison Table Between Django vs Laravel
Following is the comparison table between Django vs Laravel performance
|Definition||It is a Full Stack web application framework written in Python||It is a Full Stack web application framework written in PHP|
|Maintenance||It is maintained by Django Software Foundation||It is being maintained by the developer itself and their community under MIT license|
|Architecture||It is a Model View Template (MVT) model||It is a Model View Controller (MVC) model|
|Platform||It supports cross-platform||It supports cross-platform|
|Generality||It has rapid development feature with great community users group||It has clean architecture and growing community base|
|Scalability||Supports high scalability||Laravel also supports high scalability but the only difference is the language used to write the framework|
|Standardization||Large developer community base||Developer community|
|Compatibility||Several other frameworks do exist for Python||The only framework to be considered for PHP|
Conclusion – Django vs Laravel
Django web application framework supports Python whereas the Laravel supports PHP. The only differences between Django vs Laravel frameworks are that the language they support and there are several different features and libraries exist to fulfill different requirements. There exist a lot of pros and cons as well as to understand the differences between Django vs Laravel performance. In terms of scalability, easier development, maintenance, and testing, Django is highly considered where Python also provides faster execution which further improves the speed of the application.
4.5 (1,092 ratings)
This has a been a guide to the top differences between Django vs Laravel. Here we also discuss the Django vs Laravel key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –
- WordPress vs Tumblr and their useful benefits
- Go vs Java-Which is beneficial
- Basic Concepts of Python Programming
- Django vs Node.js Differences
- Important Differences WordPress vs Weebly
- WordPress vs Django
- PHP vs Ruby Comparison
- Django and Flask
- Django vs Rails What are the benefits
- Node.js vs Asp.net and their useful benefits
- Laravel vs Codeigniter: Differences