Differences Between Django vs Node.js
Django is an open source web framework. It was developed by Django software foundation in the year 2005 and designed by Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison. It was written in Python. It is based on the principle of don’t repeat yourself. Django placed at highest level category among the various python framework for developing the web applications or websites.
Django has great features and advantages for creating new web applications. The main feature of Django is High-level python web framework as this framework provides the best way to design the application. As a developer needs to follow the rules or way to implement the project in Django, there is comparatively less freedom compared to the low-level framework but the application created will be neat and clean.
Django mainly follows the design pattern named Model Template View (MTV) design pattern. It is also similar to MVC framework except for the template thing. Like MVC, MTV has also the data access layer in Model. The model handles the process of interacting, relating the data or validating the data. The template layer is referred to as a presentation layer, which handles what should be displayed on the web page or application. The view is the business layer as it accesses the models directly and displays the appropriate template. The view works like a bridge between the Model and the template.
Django is free and open source means available for various operating systems. It encourages the rapid development and suitable for getting things up and running quickly. Django is using the unique thing that is the concept of apps. It means, in Django every project or web application can have multiple applications inside it. It can also have a single app as well. Django allows you to move the app from one project to other easily.
Node.js has a lot of features like an Event-driven model, concurrency, simple and lightweight, and non- blocking input-output. In the event-driven model, Node.js spawns one and only one operating system thread on the server machine and it maintains a small heap request. The event in this referred to as a connection being established, a transaction being processed, receiving data from connection and connection closure. The call-back function associated with these events, so that function id fired as any event get completed.
Head To Head Comparison Between Django vs Node.js
Below is the top 8 comparison Between Django vs Node.js
Key Differences between Django vs Node.js
Below is the Some list of points that explained the key difference between Django vs Node.js
- Django provides great security and while developing application developers need not worry about security concerns. Node.js also provide good security but developers need to make sure it.
- Django is not mainly referred to as Full stack web development. Node.js is getting popular, because of which full stack java is now a reality that developers can write code for backend and front-end applications.
- Django has few communities for support. Node.js community is very active that helps the programmers to improve themselves and provides the solution and improving the framework as well.
- Django makes the development more efficient and cost-effective. Node.js makes development easy but it slows down the process.
- Django has a lot of features that enrich this framework for developers like content development, sitemaps, and user authentication. Node.js has also great features like non-blocking input-output.
- Django web application development is really stable. Node.js system mainly lacks in stability.
- Django has a great learning curve. Node.js is simple, straight and easy to learn.
- Django is mainly used for large applications and support multi-threading programming. Node.js does not support multi-threading programming and not ideal for running large calculations.
Django vs Node.js Comparison Table
Below are the lists of points, describe the comparisons Between Django vs Node.js
|The basis of Comparison Between Django vs Node js||Django||Node.js|
|Definition||It is an open source web framework.||It is an open source and JS runtime environment.|
|Scalable||It is less scalable||It is more scalable comparatively|
|Architecture||It follows the Model template View architecture.||It follows the event-driven programming.|
|Performance||Its performance is better.||Its performance is good.|
|Complexity||It is more complex.||It is less complex than Django.|
|Leading||It is new and behind Node.js in usage.||It is used widely in many countries and ahead comparatively.|
Conclusion – Django vs Node.js
From the point of the developer, it is always necessary to upgrade the skills or your existing knowledge. It is good to learn different techniques while working on one technology for a long time. It helps to know your flexibility to learn and most importantly the demands of technology in the IT world. Hope You have enjoyed learning this article on Django vs Node.js. Happy learning!!
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Django vs Node.js. Here we also discuss the Django and Node.js key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –