Introduction of Digital Marketing Opportunities
The world today has gone massively digital. As per the prediction, the majority of the companies around the globe will have online presence and marketing processes by the year 2020. They have realized digital marketing is so important that it is no more optional to incorporate in their marketing strategy. This realization and acceptance are going to create a flood of digital marketing opportunities.
With technology progressing every day, there is a lot of scope for new creative job opportunities coming up your way. It will open doors for various career options. Say, if you love writing, you can take up content marketing or copywriting. Likewise, coding lovers can master web designing. One just needs to develop digital marketing skills to get started. This article will take you through various digital marketing opportunities available for those interested in this career.
Various Digital Marketing Opportunities
Various digital marketing opportunities are as follows:
1. Digital Marketing Manager
- This is the most obvious name that comes to anybody’s mind. This is an opportunity that brings together many digital marketing components like content, web development, social media, search engine optimization, and marketing. These are the people who plan, create and execute an integrated digital marketing campaign. This is a mid-senior role making you responsible for leading a team of digital marketing executives and others.
- Because of this, digital marketing experts are in huge demand. If you work in this industry for 4-5 years with projects that prove your mettle as a digital marketing expert, companies will be ready to offer anything to hire you.
- This a position that is as creative as it gets, and every industry today is hunting for people really good at it. Now, talking about the requirements, it is not necessary to hold an MBA degree to start with this. However, a certification in digital marketing can give you a lot of advantages over others. Going forward, you may think of doing an MBA to get specialized in digital marketing and increase your worth as a specialist.
- The role of a digital marketing expert can easily fetch you anything from 15 to 20 Lakhs INR per annum and can go as high as 40 Lakhs too.
2. Content Marketing Manager
- Content marketing is another popular domain of digital marketing. This basically includes ideating and creating blogs, articles, email communications, social media content and much more. They are also responsible for designing the content for the website’s landing page, marketing campaigns, PR strategies, e-book publications, video marketing, etc. Content marketing managers can be a one-man army or lead a team of content and copywriters with so much at hand.
- Content writing also has a big scope of working from home, also known as freelancing. Again, there is no specific requirement for the educational background. However, people from English literature, media and journalism background may have the edge over others. With the increasing importance of SEO, having digital marketing certification can again help you become an expert in the domain.
- Content marketing managers possessing 3-5 years experience can earn anywhere between 8-15 lakhs per annum on average.
- Like a content marketing role, a copywriter is responsible mainly for creating ad copy or content for the landing page that can generate more clicks and leads from the target audience.
- They mostly prepare ad copy, taglines, captions, etc., which look catchy and appealing to the customers’ minds. Hence, a copywriter is expected to have strong communication skills and a similar background.
- Many organizations may not have a dedicated copywriter but a content writer who has copywriting skills too. Some experience in copywriting can earn you 6-10 lacks per annum.
4. Social Media Marketing Manager/Expert
- Social media marketing is another popular area of digital marketing that is thriving recently. It can be further divided into two areas. Firstly, one needs to organically promote its content on the social media platform to increase its brand value. This is sometimes also done by the contenting marketing team.
- The second method involves a paid mechanism to boost your brand visibility on social media. However, carrying out paid campaigns requires an additional set of skills and knowledge of a few tools for targeting your brand’s specific audience.
- For example, advertising on Instagram or Facebook will require knowledge of their own advertising tools. A social media marketing expert or manager will also be responsible for deciding on the paid campaign’s overall strategy and budget.
- Experience of 4-5 years can easily earn you 10-20 lakhs per annum.
5. Search Engine Optimizer/Executive
- Search engines are the oldest and most valuable platforms for digital marketers. When you search for something on Google or Bing, the results you see on the top of the first page are the outcome of an efficient search engine optimizer/executive’s efforts. There are billions of results that Google can display. But, today, nobody has the patience or time to go to the second page. The top results convert maximum customers. That is all SEO.
- It is the skill of driving free traffic from Google. An SEO expert’s responsibilities involve keyword research, content optimization, landing page optimization, Google Analytics, etc. Hence, the knowledge of SEO tools is important to master the domain.
- SEO experts usually report to the digital marketing manager. It also requires constant interaction with web development and content teams. It is mostly an entry-mid level role and can fetch you 4-8 lakhs per annum.
6. Search Engine Marketer/Specialist
- Even before social media gained its popularity, search engines like Google and Bing had established their game. Now search engine marketing is a paid mechanism, whereas search engine optimization is an organic way. It is an approach to cut the competition faster by displaying your ad on top of the organic results on the Google search result page. Hence, it requires a different set of expertise and knowledge of tools like Google Ads or Bing Ads.
- Even today, search engine marketing is one of the most important facets of digital marketing. And therefore, companies keep hunting for the top talents and offer very handsome compensation as well. A search engine marketer/specialist’s responsibilities involve ad creation, budget management, keyword research, data analysis of the ad campaigns, and much more. This is to drive traffic, generate leads and convert target audiences.
- Search engine marketers can report directly to the marketing directors or digital marketing managers. Good experience in the domain can fetch you 8-15 lakhs per annum on average.
I hope that this gave you a fairly good insight into the digital marketing opportunities that can explore. This field is mostly about gaining creative and analytical skills and working with a lot of passion. If you feel interested in any of the above roles, it is time to prepare yourself to become a digital marketing expert. Though it doesn’t require any special degree to get into Digital Marketing, a professional Digital Marketing certification can easily help you get an edge over others in the crowd.
This is a guide to Digital Marketing Opportunities. Here we discuss the Introduction and Various Digital Marketing Opportunities, including Digital Marketing Manager, Copywriter, Search Engine Marketer, etc. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –