Updated July 28, 2023
Introduction to Digital Marketing Examples
As the digital world grew with the advent of the internet, the traditional marketing concept also faced transformation, and a new concept, digital marketing, emerged. Digital marketing comprises numerous strategies implemented for marketing through the Internet, and it helps reach more qualified leads by increasing revenues. It is a canopy of various tactics deployed to attract customers’ attention to sell the products. It is three times more successful than traditional marketing, allowing marketers to scrutinize and measure their campaigns. In this article, we will look at the various strategies for digital marketing with their examples.
Types of Strategies Implemented in Digital Marketing
Today many business houses adopt various digital marketing strategies to reach potential customers that lead to purchases.
These numerous strategies are –
- Search Engine Optimization or SEO
- Search Engine Marketing or SEM
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Pay-Per-Click Optimization
- Content Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
Besides these tools, there are many options, like mobile messaging, blog writing, advertisements, etc., to increase website traffic.
Digital Marketing Strategies and its Examples
Here various strategies are discussed with examples that different companies adopted successfully.
1. Search Engine Optimization or SEO
- SEO is an important aspect of digital marketing that uses several approaches to ensure a company’s or brand’s name comes on top of the search result. To appear on the first page of search engine results, the company needs to include certain keywords in custom content related to business and advance the site’s design and navigation to provide a better user experience.
- In India, different SEO agencies are working to help their client companies to provide a sustainable search engine marketing plan. The names of top SEO agencies are PageTraffic, eBrandz, Techmagnate, Briefcase, Bruce Clay India, YNG Media, Wildnet Technologies, etc.
- One example of SEO marketing is WebFX’s SEO marketing policy for its client Reynold’s building solution. Before that, Reynold never put any interest in the website’s effectiveness and digital marketing policy. So WebFX first updated Reynold’s website by adding valuable content related to the company. WebFX researched industry-related keywords, which is very crucial. Therefore, including hundreds of small and big changes helped Reynold to appear at the top of SERPs. Even it increased organic traffic by 43 percent, and 71 percent preferred to contact Reynold after viewing their website in the organic search results.
2. Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Search engine marketing is another form of digital marketing that upsurges a website’s visibility in search engines’ result pages and a company’s reach. This marketing process is more effective than SEO.
- SEM is a paid advertising process where a sponsored ad comes at the top of search engine results to get more prominence and attention. Customers use a search engine to get information about a particular product or service. Based on its search keywords, he or she may come across many company ads and other search listings that have matched the keywords. Those ads are very much specific to the keywords that a customer can click on them probably,
- Google AdWords and Bing Ads are the two platforms that provide space for search engine marketing. SEM targets the customers at the right time when they are probing to get product information in commercial nature, and even they can decide to buy the product instantly.
3. Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Social media advertising is an easy way to get noticed by audiences when 2.3 billion people worldwide engage with social media to develop meaningful relationships. Social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Pinterest, provide space for campaigning products or services. Social media advertising is more cost-effective and one of the easiest ways to reach potential customers.
- On Facebook, companies have to pay for giving advertisements, though it is the least expensive and helps capture a large audience. Even Facebook and Instagram help to identify target customers. Pinterest is good for selling eCommerce brand products. LinkedIn and Twitter are ideal for B2B companies to give ads and get noticed by influencers.
- In India, social media marketing is also getting popular gradually. For instance, KFC India has used social media platforms to increase the sale of products and to appeal to target young audiences. KFC’s Social Samosa is a popular case study on how KFC became India’s number one social media brand. Its social media presence increases sales and achieves one of India’s fastest-growing social media brands.
4. Email Marketing
- Email marketing works as a driving force for procuring and retaining customers. The business houses take the help of social networking outlets to collect emails of potential customers and then imply it to email marketing. The context of emails should be appealing to customers.
- Though there is no hard and fast rule on how many emails have to send to a customer, it is recommended that there is at least a 30-36 hours gap between two emails. The marketer needs to take the call to action after emailing the customers.
- One of the popular email marketing examples is Uber’s email campaigning. Uber has sent customers brief and attractive newsletters with clearly defined objectives. The subscribers can easily browse the message, and if they want to know more, they can click on the link attached to the newsletter. Besides that, Uber always sends different promotions and offers as well as a detailed map of the journey.
5. Content Marketing
- Content marketing consists of videos, blogs, and social media posts that must be valuable content to engage potential customers. The valuable content always provides useful information and FAQs to the customers. Even it helps in search engines. Valuable content with appropriate keywords may appear on the first page of search engine results.
- Zomato’s effective campaigning through multiple content marketing channels is a perfect example. Its ideal number of great content and promoting on social media becomes famous, attracting a pool of customers.
- So many examples of digital marketing influence marketers to successfully promote their products or services.
This is a guide to Digital Marketing Examples. Here we discuss the types of strategies implemented in digital marketing along with its examples. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –