Differences Between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
In recent day terms, cloud computing means storing, accessing data, programs, Application, and files over the internet of the premises rather than on-premises installed on a hard drive. Cloud computing delivers on-demand computing service using the communication network on a pay-as-used basis including applications or complete data centers on the centralized server which is accessible from anywhere remotely in the world using the internet. Cloud computing has different types of service offerings like Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
Cloud computing eliminated worries of companies installing software and services in their own company environment which is highly expensive.
Top Cloud Computing public, private, Mobile and Hybrid service provider companies
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform
- IBM Cloud
- Red Hat
- Oracle Cloud
- Verizon Cloud
Hadoop is developed by Apache Software Foundation as an open source ecosystem using Java-based programming framework to support, process and stores large volume data sets in a distributed HDFS computing file system based environment. Hadoop supports big data manipulation by storing and analyzing structured and unstructured data across clusters and data nodes from different computers using simple programming models basically related to kind of SQL programming.
Hadoop is cable of dealing data with huge volume, different variety, high velocity, and veracity with enormous processing power.
Hadoop is not a library to process large datasets buts it has a collection of libraries to deal with data and related data science technologies.
Hadoop is highly used in past 10 years as big data evolved with social media generating PETA bites of data daily which can be used for predictive analytics, data mining, and machine learning applications.
Apache organization describes some of the components of Hadoop ecosystem are
Head to Head Comparison Between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop (Infographics)
Below is the Top 6 Comparison between the Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
Key Differences between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
Below are the lists of points, describe the key differences between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
- Cloud computing where software’s and applications installed in the cloud accessible via the internet, but Hadoop is a Java-based framework used to manipulate data in the cloud or on premises. Hadoop can be installed on cloud servers to manage Big data whereas cloud alone cannot manage data without Hadoop in It.
- Hadoop packages consist of distributed database system function inside a file system which supports unstructured data and storing a large amount of data with high processing rates depending on processor speed. Cloud Computing is Distributed Computing Services where IT infrastructures are accessible based on network speed.
- Hadoop is an open source software projects designed to manipulate Data, but Cloud computing is on-demand services offered to manage data and its supporting applications.
- Hadoop has various components can be added only to deal with Big data’s but in cloud computing model is where all Hadoop and its components and applications supporting the Hadoop ecosystem is managed.
- Hadoop is designed java framework which can be installed in cloud data centers or locally, but Cloud computing is developed like a computer on a cloud where all Hadoop and Java are installed.
- Accessing application in Cloud computing is fast with a high-speed private network but data movement speed in Hadoop depends on CPU and Hadoop installed system processor speed.
- Cloud computing services offer data back services for the applications metadata and Real-time data when we talk about Hadoop id Hadoop is installed in the cloud then Cloud computing services will take care of master data back as its customer service and its paid for security purpose.
- Implementation of Cloud computing services is easy because no need of much installation knowledge and that too cloud service providers have highly skilled labour to maintain and provide support with services offering with a low budget, so ROI will be more for the organizations.
Whereas to use Hadoop or to install Hadoop installed in cloud computing or in-home premises Hadoop and Big data skills are mandatory and Hadoop data science services provides Business insights, Analysis data and etc which will return more income to the organization.
- In cloud computing, different users can use different application or cloud services at some point in time at any given rate of time via internet remotely.
Similarly, Hadoop has multi-tasking feature in it where its capable of processing large datasets parallelly using a method called parallel data processing.
- Cloud computing security features will provide disaster backup facility where cloud computing servers are remotely managed with high security and protection same features implies in Hadoop where it has fault tolerant feature where data is processed in one node and data is replicated in another note in the cluster. So, when a failure occurs in the one node copy of data is available in another node.
Comparison Table between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
Below are the lists of points, describe the Differences between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
|BASIS FOR COMPARISON||Cloud Computing||Hadoop|
|Meaning||Storing of data, Applications and software are in cloud servers accessible through the internet on-demand basis.||Hadoop process and store large volume data sets in a distributed HDFS computing environment across clusters and data nodes.|
|Use for Business||Cloud computing reduces the cost of managing and maintaining IT systems. Instead of purchasing expensive systems and equipment for the business.||Business can apply Hadoop to analyze a variety of business problems such as product recommendation, fraud detection, and sentiment analysis.|
|Data Volume||Business users can store their large data remotely in the cloud instead of storing locally.||Hadoop can process small data sets to petabytes of data in Realtime.|
|Quality of Solutions||Cloud computing offers a reliable, secure and consistent Quality-of-Service (QoS) management as decided in service level agreements.||Hadoop HDFS provides appropriate response times and increased system availability.|
|Results Presentation||Cloud management console provides a complete analysis of cloud usage as reports and graphs.||Hadoop database can be connected to many data reporting tools like Microstrategy, Tableau, data meter and Qlik.|
|Analysis||Computing behavior like Performance, Scalability, Availability, & Security is analyzed.||Big data with a large volume of data is processed and analyzed using Hadoop.|
|Focus||Cloud computing focus on System Performance, Network Performance data security, and Availability.
Cost is focused on delivering Software as a service in the cloud.
|Hadoop focuses on manipulating Large data sets with structured and unstructured data.|
Conclusion – Cloud Computing vs Hadoop
After a brief research to know the difference between Cloud computing and Hadoop or is Hadoop different from Cloud computing?
I came to the conclusion that both Cloud computing and Hadoop are interdependent in simpler terms where Cloud computing is like a box with Dollars and Hadoop is like each dollar in the box.
Cloud computing is a storage drive with different operating systems, Applications, frameworks, Software development kits installed maintained in cloud platform available through internet which can be accessed remotely based on-demand basis according to organization requirements.
Hadoop cannot provide middle where services of managing applications, storage and software’s
But Cloud computing manages Hadoop and its related components like source systems, target database, and runtime environments etc.
Cloud computing is like a computer with different software’s installed and maintained virtually but Hadoop is a software package which can be installed on a computer or computer maintained Virtually on a cloud.
This has been a guide to Difference between Cloud Computing vs Hadoop, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparison Table, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –
- Most Awesome Differences Azure Paas vs Iaas
- Know The 5 Most Useful Difference Of Cloud Computing vs Data Analytics
- Top 10 Useful Comparison Between Cloud Computing vs Virtualization
- Hadoop vs Elasticsearch – Which one is More Useful
- Find Out The 6 Best Difference Between Apache Hadoop vs Apache Storm