Difference Between Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
Business Intelligence is the process comprising of technologies and strategies incorporated by the enterprise industries to analyze the existing business data which provides past (historical), current and predictive events of the business operations.
Business Analytics is the process of technologies and strategies used to continuously exploring and to extract the insights and performance from the past business information to drive the successful future business planning.
Business Intelligence uses past and present available data to drive the present business successfully. Business Intelligence maintains, operates, streamlines and increases the productivity of the on-going businesses.
Business Analytics uses past data to drive current business planning successfully. Business Analytics gathers and analyses the data by using predictive analytics method and provides rich visual reports to the viewers about the current business operations and its’ operations efficiency. so let us see the Difference between Business Intelligence and Business Analytics in detail.
Comparison between Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics (Infographics)
Below is the Top 6 Comparision between Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics
Key Differences between Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics
Following is the Difference between Business Intelligence and Business Analytics are as follows
- Business Intelligence uses past and current data whereas Business Analytics uses past data to extract insights and run the business operations that drive the customer needs and increase productivity.
- Business Intelligence mostly concentrates on reporting the analyzed data whereas Business Analytics concentrates on multiple tools that perform different operational applications using different tools.
- Business Intelligence almost comes under Business Analytics where Business Analytics contains Business Intelligence, data warehousing, information management, enterprise applications and governance, risk and security compliances.
- Business Intelligence is the way of analyzing the existing data whereas the Business Analytics will have Business Intelligence reports acts as inputs for the analytics to process the extracted information in a more sophisticated way to visualize the analyzed data.
- Business Intelligence uses statistical analysis, predictive analysis, and predictive modeling to set the current trends and figure out the reasons for current outcomes or happenings whereas Business Analytics have no control over huge amounts of Data to retrieve, analyze, report and publish the data.
- Business Intelligence consists more as User Interface Dashboards to carry out the analysis and operations whereas Business Analytics has a lot of tools to work upon and that also needs some software application knowledge to carry out the tasks to be done.
- Business Intelligence gives insights or information about the data itself rather than making extra transformations or conversions to give data insights and on the other side Business Analytics involves the way of problem-solving by enabling the technologies by transforming the raw form of data into a meaningful way to convey the solution in an easy way.
- Business Intelligence can be applied more to structured data from enterprise applications such as Financial Software Systems or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) to get insight from the past financial information or from the past financial transactions and in the areas of supply chain and operations. Business Analytics can be applied to both unstructured and semi-structured data by transforming them into some meaningful data before analyzing it to get insights from that data.
- Business Intelligence consumes the data in the same format to get insights out of it whereas Business Analytics transforms or breaks the existing data into different forms or elements and studying them as a whole to get some insights out of it.
- In Business Intelligence, the data can be produced in the form of Dashboards, reports or pivot tables for different users like executives, managers and for analysts respectively whereas Business Analytics uses past Business Intelligence capabilities and information to help the customers’ highly productive in getting their jobs done.
- Business Intelligence is the content of data what you are having with you whereas Business Analytics is the way how you are using or operating on that data to get your insights of out of that data.
- Business Intelligence is all about accessing the big data Business Analytics is the use of different latest technological methodologies to handle the big data.
- Business Intelligence is used to run the businesses effectively whereas the Business Analytics is the way of changing the business to make it more productive and operations effective.
- As Business Intelligence being the subset of Business Analytics and the benefits of Business Analytics is causing BA to get more popular and drawing attention from business users to get more useful things out of it.
- Business Intelligence incorporates different tools and methodologies for use in the stages of data analysis in which the common types of tools include, data reporting, Real-Time analysis, Mapping Analysis, Online Analytical Processing, Dashboarding etc., and Business Analytics incorporates different stages and phases of analyses such as SWOT analysis, use case modelling, predictive modelling, data modelling user stories, requirement analysis, functional requirement and non-functional requirement analysis etc.,
Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics Comparision Table
|Business Intelligence||Business Analytics|
|Definition||Analyses past and present to drive current business needs||Analyses past data to drive current business|
|Usage||To run current business operations||To change business operations and improve productivity|
|Ease of Operations||For current business operations||For future business operations|
|Tools||SAP Business Objects, QlikSense, TIBCO, PowerBI etc.,||Word processing, Google docs, MS Visio, MS Office Tools etc.,|
|Applications||Apply to all large-scale companies to run current business operations||Applies to companies where future growth and productivity as its goal|
|Field||Comes under Business Analytics||Contains Data warehouse, information management etc.,|
Conclusion – Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics
Business Intelligence analyses past and present data to operate the current business efficiently whereas Business Analytics analyses the past data to analyze current scenarios and to be prepared for the future businesses.
In order to operate the businesses based upon requirements, Business Intelligence and Business Analytics play different roles in their usage causing the business productivity more and the further requirements are based upon the existing present and past business data to run the current and future business operations effectively.
Choosing the solutions for the business depends on the aims, goals, and targets of the company. Companies that require huge data in cases of data warehouse and huge impacting visual reporting should seriously consider the business intelligence as their tool to operate their businesses productively.
This has been a guide to Business Intelligence vs Business Analytics, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparision Table, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –