Introduction To VB.Net
VB.Net or Visual Basic .Net is an object oriented programming language used for Microsoft based system application product development that works on .Net framework. It is known for many of its beneficial features, that includes VB.Net being a structured object and component oriented general purpose language, it works on .Net framework which is platform independent, for constructing highly efficient and high performance application programs. VB.Net is one of the top programming languages with simple structural syntax for programming the code blocks.
It is a modern, object-oriented and simple computer programming language which was developed by Microsoft. It was developed in order to combine the features of .NET Framework along with the common language runtime which gives the productivity benefits which is the signature of Visual Basic. Visual Basic .NET sometimes also referred to as VB.Net is an OOP’s based programming language which internally uses .NET Framework. It is interesting to know that although VB.NET is an evolution of legacy Visual Basic language, however, it is not backward-compatible with version VB6. Hence, any piece of code written in previous or older versions is not compatible with VB.NET
We would also like to tell you that applications developed using VB.Net could be executed not only on Windows but also on various OS like Linux, OSX, etc
How does VB.Net make Working so Easy?
The greatest advantage of any programming language is its syntax and learning curve. Easier the syntax of any programming language, easier it is to understand its syntax. Also, lessen the learning curve of any programming language, easier to learn.
It has both these advantages which are simple syntax and less learning curve. VB.NET is a great technology to start because of its easiness and straightforwardness. The syntax of VB.Net is easy and one will not find himself in writing bunch of lines of code as there are quite a large number shortcuts which makes our coding much easier in this language in comparison to another language
What Can we do With VB.Net?
To answer this in simple words, VB.Net is a programming language. Hence, one can do each and everything that normally a person can do with any programming language existing in its same domain. It could be used to develop a small piece of a program like making a simple addition or calculation program or a large scale windows application.
4.5 (3,192 ratings)
Now, let us know the advantages of VB.Net framework:
- Object-Oriented – VB.Net is all an object. From primitive data types to user-defined data types each and everything is object based. It easily gives all the advantages of any OOP’s based language like Java etc
- Modern and General Purpose – VB.Net is a general purpose language which has all the features of any modern technology.
- Easy to Learn – Due to its easier syntax and less learning curve it is easier to learn.
- Structured Language – VB.Net is a highly structured language.
- Component-Oriented – VB.Net follows the concept of a component. Component here means that whole application is sub-divided into simpler components and then these components are developed individually to make a complete application.
- Platform Independent – It is a platform-independent programming technology hence it could be compiled on a variety of computer platforms and can be run of different OS.
- Produces Efficient Programs – VB.Net is self capable to develop efficient applications.
- Large Community Support – It is a large community support with efforts and inputs from a large number of people. It is a part of .Net Framework.
Pre-Requisite for VB.Net
It as a programming language which is very much based on other two Microsoft technology which is BASIC and Visual Basic programming languages, so if someone who has a basic understanding on these programming languages, then it is quite easier and fun to learn VB.Net programming language. Now after knowing in depth about VB.Net, it is worth to know about its scope
At first, instance, if we say, VB.Net has a high scope. To be more precise, but only VB.Net does not have much scope. VB.Net although still exists in Top 10 programming language, it will be beneficial to learn VB.Net. However, alone learning and practicing VB.Net will not be much helpful. Once you learned VB.Net then once should learn other Microsoft technology like C# and.Net which will be much easier to learn and understand. Together all these Microsoft technologies will be in great demand.
Right Audience for Learning VB.Net Technology
If we say the right audience then VB.Net is open to learning technology for all. As it was quite an easy syntax it could be grabbed easily by both fresher as well as by experienced guys.
How this Technology will Help in Career Growth?
As discussed earlier, this technology along with other Microsoft technologies has great scope. Initially learning VB.Net for making the basic concept and then learning other Microsoft’s technologies would be both great fun as well as beneficial from other perspectives.
It is a great technology to learn. It is great fun to learn this technology developed by Microsoft. It has all the essentials required for a programming language. It could be used to develop a variety of applications like a simple program to large applications
This has been a guide to What is VB.Net. Here we discussed the Concepts, Definition, Scopes, and Advantages of VB.Net. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –