Tips to Develop Website Ranking Traffic –
Everyone wants to get a higher website ranking traffic for their site in search engines. They believe that organic search traffic is the main factor that helps in the growth of their business. The technology keeps changing and if you fail to update yourself on the current trend in marketing then your business fails.Image source: pixabay.com
If you are worried about getting higher website ranking traffic, then this article is for you. This article will serve as a guide to help you optimize and improve the ranking of the website without getting penalized by search engines.
There are a lot of factors which the search engines take into consideration for website ranking traffic. Some of the factors are still a trade secret.
Tips to Develop Website Ranking Traffic
Content is the main factor that helps you in getting higher website ranking traffic. There is no substitute for quality content. Content should be created by keeping the users in mind. Content should be more attractive to the site visitors which will increase the traffic to the site which in turn improves the site authority.
- Select a keyword for each page of your site and repeat this keyword in every paragraph of that page. But do not overuse the keyword.
- Use different formats to highlight the keyword or phrases.
- Always remember that the content is written for users and not for the search engines.
- Good writing is more essential for SEO. Having unique content on a page will improve your website ranking traffic.
Update and de-index your thin content
This content is the basic content of your site that is not unique text information.
Thin content includes the following
- Category Pages
- Tags Pages
- Duplicate Pages
- E-Commerce Listings
- Scraped Product Descriptions
- Image Galleries
All these thin content will be indexed by search engines and will drive traffic to your site. So concentrate more on these pages and de-index these contents or either remove the thin contents of your site.
4.9 (2,302 ratings)
Search engines update its algorithm frequently and as a result, it gives more importance to fresh and unique content. It is very much essential to invest in content marketing to make your business grow and achieve higher website ranking traffic. There are a lot of content marketing techniques and a few are mentioned below:
- Blogs – Blogs are the best way to acquire links and increase the importance of your site. It will happen only if your link is shared.
- Infographics or other visual content – Visual contents attract more customers to your site. Provide information along with statistics represented in a picture format. Keep your description short and simple.
Organic click-through rates
Your site can be very well designed with clean code, original content, fast loading time and others but still its nowhere in the first page of search engine.
Have you ever thought why this is happening?
It is because they are not getting the click-through rates that will increase the traffic and website ranking traffic.
Increase your organic click-through rates. Search engines rely more on the statistics of site traffic to know the site relevance.
Site relevance can be measured by factors like bounce rate, time on site, user experience and the important factor is click through rate.
Click through rate is the percentage of people who see your ads and click on it versus the people who do not click on it.
The more people who click on your site the more will be the traffic to your site.
Here we have listed few ways to increase your click-through rate (CTR)
- Create attractive Title tags and Meta descriptions for your page. This is the best way to increase your CTR. It is the first thing your prospect sees when they search in search engine.
- Make your headline and copy grab attention like you do in Adwords.
Click through rates not only increases your website ranking traffic but also increases traffic to your site.
There are also other off-site factors which will help you in increasing the website ranking.
Each web page contains a space between the head tags to insert a short description about the contents of that page. This is called Meta description. The sections of Metadata are as follows:
Title Metadata is the page title that will be displayed at the top of the browser window. It is more important on a page.
- Description Metadata
This is the short description of a page which the search engine will index on the search result page. This description attracts the people to enter the site to make it more appealing to the visitors.
- Keyword Metadata
This is the phrase that people use when they want to find your page. List a variety of keyword phrases that are relevant to your site or product. Don’t make the list more lengthy as the search engine will ignore the data completely. Select some 4 to 6 phrases containing four words each.
Search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, and others use software called crawlers to read the text and code of your website. If the text and code written on your website are not technically perfect then the crawler will find it difficult to read and understand, thus resulting from a lower website ranking traffic in the search engine. It is very essential to keep the following things in your website perfect to get the attention of the crawlers easily.
- See through that your URL does not exceed 100 characters
- Use dashes instead of underscores
- Avoid special characters in your URL
- Define a unique title tag
- Title tag should be around 65-75 characters long
- Include your basic keywords in your title tag
Meta Description tag
- Write a unique meta description for every page of your site
- It should not exceed 160 characters
- It should contain 1 or 2 sentences that describes about the page
- These tags are part of the HTML of a page
- It is visible to the visitors
- There are 6 heading tags from H1 to H6
- There should be only one unique H1 tag for each page
- Content in your website should not appear in any other website or URL
- Your content should not be copied from anywhere
- Duplicate content will get a negative reputation for your site
- Remove all the duplicate contents in your site or create redirections to the multiple versions
- Structured data helps you to add special mark up to your contents to make the search engine easily understand.
- Structured data increases the website ranking traffic by providing rich snippets for your page in search results page.
- Snippets are the small part of the content of the page which will be visible in the search results page to the searchers.
- You can use the different type of schemas in your site for different types of contents
- Search engines use the XML sitemap protocol to check whether your site has it
- After creating sitemaps it should be submitted to search engines like Google webmaster tools
- These sitemaps will help the search engine to crawl to your site easily
- It has to be updated and submitted whenever a new content is added to your website
- All the images in your site should have an HTML tag to describe the content of the image in short
- You can use keywords to describe the image and the filename can also be a keyword
- If you have added a video to your site then add the transcription text and submit a video sitemap in your site
The website you are creating should be more pleasing and satisfy the visitors of your site. Search engines will provide website ranking traffic which is of high quality and users are more attracted and shares it. We have provided here a few tips to make your site more attractive.
The appearance of the site
- Your website should clearly mention the different parts of the site.
- It should be easy for the users to find the contact information.
- Users should also be attracted by the important page of the site
- Moving around the pages of the site should be made easy for the users
- People should be able to access the pages of the site other than the homepage
- If there is no proper navigation around the site then the users will not be able to explore more on a site
- Proper navigation will attract more users and increase the traffic to the site. This, in turn, will increase the website ranking traffic of the page
- It is the main aspect of a website from which other aspects are built
- It starts with designing a form for the visual design of the website
Links to your website
- Linking your page or website is another main factor that improves your website ranking keyword.
- Focus on creating relevant links. Always use keywords or phrases as links instead of having “Click Here” links. Click here links have no value in a search engine.
- Links with keywords will improve your website ranking keyword.
- Don’t provide links just for the purpose of a search engine. Provide natural links to a source that you can trust completely.
- Trusted sources are considered more relevant to the site by the search engines. Linking your site to a trusted source puts you in a reliable company.
Listed here are few basic techniques of link building
- This is an important way of creating links
- High-quality guest blogging with the usage of original content is the best method to get the maximum result
- Conduct a contest or giveaways to attract the customers
- This will increase the traffic to your site thus, in turn, increasing the website ranking keyword
Repair the broken links
- Find out the resource pages which is related to your business or site
- Find the broken links any in such resource
- Contact the website owner to replace it with a proper link to your website
Linking can boost your website ranking keyword in few days. It is worth doing.
The first step of SEO campaign is keyword research. Keyword research will help you find out few words or phrases which people are using frequently to find out your business or competitor’s business. You can target on such words. Listed below are few techniques of keyword research.
- Focus on high volume and less competition
Ideal keywords are the ones which have higher search volume and less competition. Such keywords are usually limited.
- Long tail keywords
Target the long tail keywords which extend up to 3 to 4 keywords. As the competition is low for the individual search it is easy to gain website ranking keyword among the top positions.
- Competitive analysis
Do a research on your competitor’s website to find out new keywords and target on such keywords to attain high website ranking keyword.
Social Media Strategy
Social media also plays a crucial role in the website ranking keyword in search engines. It is a major part of SEO and influences the SEO success to a greater extent. There are three steps for a successful social media strategy
- Define your goals
Define goals for your social media like the number of customers it should attract, amount of exposure it should gain and others.
- Know your audience
Understand the target audience and focus on them. Know what makes them more engaged and provide it for them.
There are different social media channels available. Select an appropriate channel as per your target audience
Make Plans about where to post, when to post and how often to post
Establish a connection with people who have a lot of followers. Because they can spread your message quickly to more people.
Use alt tags
Use alt tags or alternative tags descriptions to explain the visual and video media on your site. Alt tags will help the search engines to crawl to your page more easily. People who use text-only browsers will find it difficult to get the attention of search engines.
This has been a guide to get a higher website ranking traffic for their site in search engines. Organic traffic is the main factor that helps in the growth of their business. These are the following external link related to website ranking traffic.