Introduction to Uses of CorelDraw
Coreldraw is vector-based designing software used to create logos, flexes, brochures, invitation cards, and any kind of vector designing based on the lining. This is very old software which was released 29 years ago on 16th January 1989. Corel Corporation developed it, so it is also known as Corel’s Graphic Suite as this works vector-based images, so it is used to edit two-dimensional images such as logos and posters.
The latest version of CorelDraw was launched on 10th April 2018 with some of the new features like applying an envelope to bitmaps, adjusting the photo perspective interactively. CorelDraw was developed for Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. They also launched Versions for Mac OS and Mac OS x, but due to poor sales, they stopped themselves from making further Versions. Corel Corporation also developed Versions for Windows 3.1X, CTOS and OS2 until Version 5.
Here we are going to discuss some of the Uses of Coreldraw, how to use it and how to learn it. We are going to discuss the particular version.
Top Use of Corel Draw
It is used for designing different artwork like poster, logo, cards any vector related graphics. We discuss its uses below:
1. How to make a poster in Coreldraw?
Designing a poster in Corel is a bit different technique than any other thing because there are fewer rules which are to be followed. It offers freedom to the user that other design doesn’t. Well, If there’s no tutorial to learn, then we can find a number of possible ways to learn, and we would be able to show our creativity.
Here we would learn how to create a background in the image below; it shows how to add images, text, and logo.
2. Create a basic shape for regular need
This shows that whatever the basic shapes we need in our daily life like big emoji’s, sketches of cartoons for making stickers, the sticker of an animal, a sticker of an automobile, etc. Basic shapes are much easier to draw in the CorelDraw; we just have to drag and drop some shapes like circle, rectangle, ellipse, line, ovule, etc. So we can say that with the uses of CorelDraw, it is easy to draw basic shapes. Either we can import images for our needs.
One more example to show how we make basic shapes.
3. We can use it to make a small invitation card.
We can use Coreldraw to make small basic invitation cards at home as well as if we know how to make basic shapes. It is very useful for us as we don’t have to go to any shop for it.
4. Converting Bitmap to Objects
Converting from BITMAP to object is a bit complicated work, but Corel provides an easier way of doing it as Corel has a good collection of tools through which converting makes easier.
We just have to the right click on Bitmap and select what we want to do:
- The quick race is a command that will convert from Bitmap to Vector object.
- Centerline trace is a command that tries to extract the centreline of your Bitmap and removes the rest.
- Outline trace is a command that tries to extract the outline of a Bitmap.
5. Using CorelDraw with Other Programs
CorelDraw is designed to work with the other software’s as well. The other software that the Coral Corporation designs is “Coral Photo Paint”, which can be incorporated with Coral Draw. As the Graphics designed can be edited and recreated with Coral Paint. When we save the graphic, it can be saved in other formats that are compatible with the other software. It can be saved in formats like PNG, CDR, Jpeg etc. These images saved can be opened in Adobe Illustrator as well. These all the saved formats makes a bond with other designers to make alterations in design on the device in an easier way.
Tips and tricks on How to Use Corel Draw:
Below are the different tips and tricks to use:
- Create and save the document: When you first open the document, then the best thing you should do is u save it on time. To save the document, you should first click File > Save as the file’s name. Once you save it, then go on pressing Ctrl + s to save continuously after every interval.
- Playing with Blends: The Blend tool used to transform one object into another by the progression of shapes and colors. This tool is one of the oldest tool and very useful as well.
- Using the document Colour Palette: This shows how to use the color palette in a document. In both of the software’s CorelDraw and Corel Photo-Paint, a customized color palette is created on the base for each other.
- Using Gaussian Blur Lens: This is the special effect which is used in this software. It allows you to make the images blur without affecting the quality of the images.
- Use of Pixel View for Web Graphic tool: This tool allows you to edit the graphics, as you can draw in actual pixel units giving much more accurate presentations. Due to this, the design appears in an enhanced way on the web.
- Using the Polygon tool: As we have discussed before, we have loads of shapes that we can incorporate to make our design easier. Here in this, we have three tools: The polygon tool, the Pick tool, and the Shape tool.
If we reach out in our local market just to print the banner for any occasion or for any party, we come to know that they make it with the uses. Even if we want to print the marriage cards or invitation cards, then we find that people use this software to design this. This is the best software for vector-based objects, and also it is widely used all over the world for the same project.
This has been a guide on the Uses of Corel Draw. Here we have discussed the uses of CorelDraw, such as making a poster, invitation card, etc. and with some tips and tricks. You may also look at the following article to learn more –