Introduction to CorelDRAW Tools
CorelDRAW is a graphics and drawing program that is vector-based and developed by a software company based in Ottawa called Corel. When you sketch an object on the CorelDRAW drawing page using the tools that are available, a mathematical formula determines the structure of the object that is displayed on the screen.
Computer graphics programs can be classified into two groups: Bitmapped programs like Adobe Photoshop where images are produced in the shape of bitmap and programs that use vector graphics where the graphics comprise of mathematical curves. CorelDraw can be considered in the group of vector graphic program.
You will be able to create any graphic image file that you need with the help of CorelDRAW. There are many tools available in CorelDRAW with the help of which you can create logos, motifs, signs, etc.
Different Tools In CorelDRAW
Below are some important tool in CorelDraw which are as follows:
1. Pick Tool
This tool allows you to pick or select the object and transform it. You can position the object too.
2. Shape Tool
If you want to edit the shape of objects chosen by the pick tool then you can use this tool.
3. Free Transform Tools
This tool allows you to alter the image objects with the help of rotation angle, rotation free, and resize. It also lets you bend the image structure.
- Smudge Brush: This tool will help you to change as well as distort the picture in general with engaging shorelines.
- Roughen Brush: This tool will let you change as well as distort the outline shape of the sketch in general with engaging shorelines.
4. Crop Tool
This tool can be used in clipping the region of an image that is not needed.
- Virtual Segment Delete: If you want to remove an object which is a part of an intersection then you can use this tool.
- Erase: It helps to get rid of some areas of the image.
5. Zoom Tool
It helps you in changing the level of magnification in the illustration window in order to look at the object more intently. In simple words, it is used as a magnifying glass.
- Hand: It helps in balancing the images that materialize in the image window
6. Curve Tools
- Freehand Tool: This tool with the help of a mouse lets you sketch curves and lines. Essentially it is used for sketching.
- Bezier: It helps to draw curves in the shape of a solitary line per point.
- Pen: It helps in sketching curves in the form of a node.
- Three-Point Curve: It helps you in drawing a curve first by identifying the start and the end point, then it’s center.
- Poly-line: It lets you sketch curves and lines in preview mode.
- Dimension: It helps you sketch a horizontal, vertical, oblique and angular line.
- Interactive Connector: It lets you combine the two objects accompanied by a line.
7. Artistic Media Tool
It helps in accessing the sprayer, brush, calligraphic, preset and pressure tools.
8. Rectangle Tool
This tool helps you in drawing squares and rectangles to initiate boxes and terms.
- Three-Point Rectangle: If you want to arrange boxes and create terms from one point to another point then this is the tool.
9. Ellipse Tool
This tool helps you sketch circles and ellipses.
10. Polygon Tool
If you want to sketch stars and polygons in a symmetric manner then you can use the polygon tool.
- Star: This tool can be used to draw stars.
- Complex Star: This tool allows you to create stars that have intersection angles and complex shapes.
11. Basic Shapes Tool
This tool helps you to select from a complete set of forms such as a right-angle triangle, smiley face, and a hexagram. You can draw arrows and slanted rectangles.
- Arrow Shapes: You can draw arrows ranging from diverse shapes such as arrowheads, direction, etc.
- Flowchart Shapes: You can create a flowchart with this tool.
12. Text And Table Tool
This tool helps you in typing words straight on the screen as a paragraph text or a creative text. The table tool helps you in creating and editing tables.
13. Dimension Tools
This tool allows you to draw numerous lines like segment, slanted, horizontal, vertical, and three-point dimensions.
14. Connector Tools
This tool helps you in drawing a straight line, right-angle, edit anchor connector line and rounded right-angle connector lines.
15. Interactive Tools
- Interactive Blend: Boxes and terms can be created using this tool.
- Interactive Distortion: It helps you in applying a pull or push distortion and a zipper distortion to an object.
- Interactive Drop Shadow: It helps you to put an object into the shadow.
- Interactive Fill: It helps you to apply numerous amount of fills to an object.
- Interactive Mesh: If you want to apply network lines to an object then you can use this tool.
16. Eyedropper Tool
Object properties like size, line thickness and effects can be selected and copied using the eyedropper tool.
17. Outline Tool
This tool lets you open a fly-out that helps you in setting the outline properties.
18. Fill Tool
This tool lets you open a fly-out that helps you in setting the fill properties.
CorelDraw as a program of design bestows the users with various tools to produce original images or acutely edit them. Users who can to do some of the things with this program include generating page layout, QR code and adding different exceptional effects. In addition to this, CorelDraw has the capability of working with other programs in the CorelDraw graphics suite, like Corel photo-paint, which helps users to produce furthermore composite images.
CorelDraw as an editor of vector graphics is used predominantly for advertising and marketing businesses, especially those that are exclusively specialized in print broadcasting development. It has the capability of producing powerful texts and specializes in raster image tools that are built-in. In professional space, CorelDRAW is used to design newsletters, brochures and different printable documents with the help of its page layout properties. It is also useful for creating new fonts, vinyl designs, artwork, vector-based designs for laser/metal engraving and cutting.
This has been a guide to CorelDraw Tools, Here we have discussed the tools available in CorelDRAW with the help of which you can create logos, motifs, signs, etc. You may also look at the following article to learn more –