Differences Between Tableau vs QlikView
Tableau has the ability to enable the user to develop dashboards instantly. It has an intuitive interface and provides greater visual freedom that differentiates itself from other players in the market. QlikView, on the other hand, is capable of dealing with varied datasets and provides much better performance. It can efficiently deal with big data and traditional data and it is apt in making interconnections between varied datasets like these effectively. A plethora of tools are available for the end-users in the market with Tableau and QlikView leading the foray.
Tableau vs QlikView Comparison Table
Below is the Top 6 Comparison between the Tableau vs QlikView
Key Differences Between Tableau vs QlikView
Below are the lists of points, describe the key Differences Between Tableau vs QlikView
- QlikView is a dashboard application that provides holistic and varied features while Tableau is more focused on visual analytics.
- The feature-rich QlikView is often deemed as difficult to get started with initially compared to Tableau which is beginner-friendly.
- Tableau provides a cleaner interface that amounts to slightly better user experience as opposed to QlikView whose interface is more clutter-some. In order to compete with Tableau, QlikView released “QlikSense” which is a much neater data visualization tool.
- Tableau is considered more user-friendly because of its easy drag-and-drop capabilities.
- QlikView gives better performance because of its patented “Associative Technology” which allows for in-memory processing of the table and at the same time circumvents the use of OLAP Cubing.
- Tableau has mastered the art of using diverse graphical interfaces and hence compared to QlikView Tableau is more preferred if there are Geographical Maps, TreeMaps, and Overlaps in your visualizations.
- Even though Tableau has advantages in being more user-friendly and has better visualization capabilities, it falls short when it comes to segmenting reports based on specific business criteria. While Tableau lacks a feature to provide business-wise view QlikView has fantastic features to generate a full-fledged enterprise-scale reporting.
- Another interesting feature of Tableau is the seamless share-ability of the reports over Tableau Online or Tableau Server. While QlikView doesn’t have these features on the same scale, it offers tight integration with Social Media platforms and mobile technology.
Comparison Table Between Tableau vs QlikView
Below are the lists of points, describe the Differences Between Tableau vs QlikView
|Basis For Comparison||Tableau||QlikView|
|Performance||Tableau is slower than QlikView when it comes to in-memory processing. It employs cubing. Cubes can give out results quickly, they are faster than RDBMS, and however, they fall short when it comes to QlikView’s patented analytical engine.||QlikView comes with far better performance thanks to its Associative model. QlikView can combine datasets of all the sizes effortlessly. Additionally, it has fine-tuned its in-memory processing to such an extent that no other Data Visualization tool can match its speed.|
|Interface||Tableau’s Interface is more user-friendly and intuitive and supports drag-and-drop features. Tableau comes with diverse graphical visuals which make it a perfect tool to showcase data in different forms.||The interface of QlikView is overbearing with too many unnecessary items in the menu and the absence of a logical structure. QlikView provides an excess of 3D charts or gauges which are almost never used by the businesses.|
|Cost||Tableau is less expensive compared to QlikView.||For QlikView, companies will have to invest more financial resources. Additionally, QlikView charges separate fees for its mobile platform.|
|Deployments||Tableau Desktop is available for individuals. For cloud-based deployments, Tableau Online can be utilized and for on-premise deployments, the company provides Tableau Server.||Qlik offers QlikView and QlikSense in the form of Desktop Edition for personal use and an Enterprise edition for businesses. Additionally, QlikSense is available on a cloud as a Basic or a Business edition model. QlikSense can be installed on mobile platforms as well.|
|Support||No phone support offered for Tableau Developers. An online knowledge base and the online community is included in the license fee.||Developers can avail of phone support during regular business hours. Phone support is included in the Enterprise plan. Additionally, free online resources are available along with an active online community|
|Best Feature||Intuitive design||Efficient drill-down|
Conclusion – Tableau vs QlikView
To summarize Tableau vs QlikView bestows their own unique flavors to the users. While both Tableau and QlikView are utilized extensively for data visualizations their specific differences set them apart from each other.
This reading gives you a comparison between the two most popular Data Visualization tools in a thorough yet enjoyable way. Both Tableau and QlikView tools offer excellent BI capabilities to publish stunning yet insightful reports inclusive of interactive visual analytics. Additionally, both Tableau and QlikView provide seamless integration with a variety of data sources ranging from MS-SQL to Hadoop. However, there does exist some elementary differences between Tableau and QlikView that make them more suitable for a specific type of use-case.
Whether you are beginning your career as a UI/UX Developer or you are an experienced IT professional moving to Data Analytics or Business Intelligence knowledge of either of these technologies is awesome to have. Thankfully, there are excellent courses available on the EduCBA platform which can accelerate your learning goals. Do check the links below for additional information.
This has been a guide to Differences Between Tableau vs QlikView, their Meaning, Head to Head Comparison, Key Differences, Comparison Table, and Conclusion. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –