Introduction to Oracle Apps Interview Questions and Answers
Oracle app is mainly consisting of software based on applications or business. Oracle has offered many application software business fields such as human resource management, supply chain management, customer relationship management, and other areas as well.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to Oracle Apps then you need to prepare for the 2020 Oracle Apps Interview Questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important Oracle Apps Interview Questions and Answers which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2020 Oracle Apps Interview Questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently asked Oracle Apps interview questions. These questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 – Oracle Apps Interview Questions (Basic)
This first part covers basic Oracle Apps Interview Questions and Answers
Q1. Explain ERP in Oracle apps?
In Oracle applications. ERP stands for Enterprise Resource Planning. In this Enterprise means the organization or firm and resource means the available source and planning means to manage the day to day resource. Oracle applications have created the software to do this for the large organizations and companies.
Q2. Explain the Flex field and its types?
It can be defined as the collection of subfields that can be added or removed to update the structure of the flex field. This is the basic Oracle Apps Interview Question asked in an interview. It does not need any programming level. It just appears the popup window that can cause each segment. The below are the types of Flex field:
4.5 (2,686 ratings)
- Key Flex field: It is mainly used for creating the unique identifier. It is mainly stored inside the segment. It is building a block that defines the structure of objects. With key Flex field, there are two different attributes that are Flexfield qualifier and segment qualifier. These fields are flexible enough to use the coding scheme without using programming. It is used for storing the information related to the key and it helps in displaying the information related to the key. The key fields help in specifying the rules to apply to the segment values that get combined and form valid code.
- Descriptive Flex Field: It is mainly used for capturing the additional information and provides the space to form and able to make it expand. It is also used to create new fields. It provides the feature of customizing the space. It can be context sensitive in which the information of application depends on the user entered in the forms.
Q3. Explain Templates and attachments used in templates?
A template is a form which is required before the creation of any other type of form. It is mainly having the attachments which are independent of platform and being associated with a particular library. There are several attachments that are part of template form:
- APPSCORE: It is the attachment which consists of packages as well as procedure Which is mainly useful for all the different forms for the purpose of creating toolbars, menus etc.
- APPSDAYPK: It is the attachment that consists of packages which are helpful in controlling applications associated with Oracle.
- FNDSQF: It is the attachment which is having various procedures and packages for flex fields, profiles, message dictionary, and concurrent processing.
- CUSTOM: It is the attachment which is helpful in extending the application forms of Oracle without modifying the application code.
Q4. Explain the advantage of using the cursors in PL/SQL?
The main purpose of using cursor is handling various rows query that is associated with PL/SQL. There are two types of cursor that are Implicit cursor and Explicit Cursor. An implicit cursor is already available in Oracle, which is available for handling all the queries related to Oracle. The memory space can be consumed by the implicit cursor which is being unnamed used by Oracle. An explicit cursor is a cursor that has been defined by the user.
Let us move to the next Oracle Apps Interview Questions.
Q5. Explain the types of validation in Oracle?
The types of validation are as below:
- None: It mainly indicates minimal validation.
- Dependent: The input value is compared with the subset of values according to the previous value.
- Independent: In this type of validation, the input value should be on the list of the values that are defined already.
- Special: In this validation, the values make use of the flex fields.
- Pair: in this, the pair of the values make use of the flex fields.
- Table: The input value has been checked on the basis of the already available values present in the application table.
- Translatable dependent: In this input and subset of the values are compared with a previous value list.
- Translatable independent: In this, the value is compared with a listed value previously defined.
Part 2 – Oracle Apps Interview Questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced Oracle Apps Interview Questions.
Q6. What are the different types of triggers available?
The various types of triggers available are key triggers, message triggers, error triggers, Query-based triggers, navigational triggers, and transactional triggers.
Q7. What do you mean by Autonomous transaction?
This transaction is mainly independent of another transaction. It allows you to suspend the transaction. It helps in performing SQL operations, rolling back of operations and committing those transactions as well. These autonomous transactions do not support resources, locks or any kind commit dependency which is the main part of the transaction.
Let us move to the next Oracle Apps Interview Questions.
Q8. Explain the different steps of attaching reports with Oracle Apps?
They are certain steps or rules that need to take care while attaching the reports with Oracle apps that are Designing the report, generating the executable file related with report, moving the executable and source file to the appropriate folder of the product, registering the report in the form of concurrent executable, defining concurrent program for registered that are executable and last is adding the concurrent program for requesting the group of responsibility.
Q9. Explain the parameters which are mandatory in procedures?
This is the most asked Oracle Apps Interview Questions in an interview. There is the number of parameters which needs to take care while declaring the procedure and these parameters are assigned with some sort of job. For example, the parameter is Errobuf, this is the parameter which is used for returning the error messages in oracle apps and send it to the log file for tracking. The other parameter is Retcode, which is mainly used for showing the status code associated with a procedure like 0,1,2. These are the different status shown by this parameter. 0 defines the normal status, 1 mainly defines the completed warning status and 2 defines the error occurred in the procedure.
Q10. Define value set?
It is the set for containing the values. These values sets are mainly aligned with report parameters and the list of values that are sent to the user for accepting one among the different values in the form of parameter values.
This has been a guide to list Of Oracle Apps Interview Questions and Answers so that the candidate can crackdown these Oracle Apps Interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top Oracle Apps Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more –