Differences Between Laravel vs WordPress
Laravel is an open source framework. It is PHP Web framework. It was created and developed by Taylor Otwell. It was initially released in the year 2011. It is written in PHP 7 and it supports the cross-platform operating system. It is mainly developed for the development of web applications and based on model view controller architecture and symphony.
Laravel has been released with inbuilt features for authentication, localization, models, views, sessions, routing and other features like an inversion of control and a templating system called Blade. The new features command line interface called artisan, built-in support of database management system, support for handling events and packaging system called bundles.
WordPress is an open source content management system. It was developed by WordPress Foundation. It is written in PHP. It was initially released in the year 2003. It supports operating system Unix-like and windows. It has features like plugin architecture and template system. It is being mainly used for writing blogs and website management system.
In WordPress, it is easy to manage content and edit or update can be done easily. In this to update the functionality, plugins are available and many themes are there to increase or customize the web application and content. It is free and more reliable. It is mainly used for blogs and newspapers. It can be used in a small organization, beginners or entrepreneur.
Head To Head Comparison Between Laravel vs WordPress (Infographics)
Below is the top 6 difference between Laravel vs WordPress
Key Differences between Laravel vs WordPress
Both Laravel vs WordPress performance are recommended options in the business. Let us examine some of the key difference between Laravel vs WordPress:
- In Laravel, the code is well organized. When the code grows, laravel take care of reusing the code and solves the problem automatically to a greater extent. In Word Press, all the content needs to be maintained by the developer and in the way, it has been written it would be in that way.
- In Laravel, the framework needs to be understood by the developer to code. In WordPress, it is really easy to start building the apps and very easy to start with the same.
- In laravel, there is great learning curve means it require to understand. In WordPress, it is having less learning curve. With help of using a theme, we can write our content and publish it for free and quickly.
- In Laravel, there are a lot of features like authentication, authorization, inversion of control etc. It is getting better and better with its latest releases. In WordPress, authentication has been taken care with help of using well-established plugins.
- In Laravel, for SEO need to define own routes and it takes a lot of work to develop a website which relies mainly on content. In WP, the basics of SEO is done.
- In Laravel, everything can be customized and it can be controlled how the things are working. In WP, the content can be customized with themes and premium or free plugins available for WP.
- In Laravel, the database can be used or designed in your own way. In WP, a database is not required mainly as it remains the static data mostly.
- Laravel does not have the large community and developers availability but WordPress has the large community to support and available developers.
- Laravel is referred mainly as framework and WordPress are referred to as a content management system.
- Laravel is less flexible to update the content and changes. But Word Press is more flexible to edit and update the content.
Laravel vs WordPress Comparison Table
As you can see there are many Comparison between Laravel and WordPress. Let’s look at the top Comparison between Laravel vs WordPress –
|The basis of comparison Between Laravel and WordPress||
|Definition||It is an open source PHP web framework.||It is an open source content management system.|
|Architecture||It is based on the Model view controller architecture||It has features like plugin architecture.|
|Framework||It is a framework.||It is not a framework.|
|Simple||It is complex as compared to WordPress.||It is simpler compared to Laravel.|
|Built-in||It has great built-in capabilities||In WordPress, functionality extended with help of plugins|
Performance comparison between Laravel vs WordPress:
Laravel is a framework and it is really quick and fast. It is referred to as improved and better framework. Laravel makes use of Eloquent because of which writing the database queries becomes easy. If it not used, laravel becomes slower. So it’s better to know the framework of laravel to make the things quick and fast and better in use.
WordPress is referred as mainly slow because of the use of plugins. One thing here to keep in mind that if we are using the better plugins or strongly coded plugins than a performance of WordPress is also better and quite fast. The performance and speed are purely basis on the plugins, which is used in WordPress. Word Press is cheap and performance loads are less for small applications or blogs. If the WordPress application has more users, it becomes really difficult to maintain the load and its performance becomes too slow.
Conclusion-Laravel vs WordPress
Laravel and WordPress both are different as laravel is framework whereas WordPress is Content management system. To use laravel, it is required to know the object-oriented programming to write the code and develop the web application. Both Laravel and WordPress are mainly written in PHP and popular but the key thing to note here is that this software is used for different purposes.
Laravel is referred to as a toolbox and if there is an availability of resources and have the time or investing for a long time then laravel is a good choice to go with for developing the application. Laravel is more costly than other framework and it required a good and experienced developer. WordPress applications are mainly used but when there is a requirement of scaling up the application or blogs then mostly that projects got scrapped up and they will be developed or rewrite again in any of web framework to make it more secure and usable.
Both Laravel vs WordPress are having own pros and cons. But both are really commendable in their expertise and usages. So, selection of technology will always be done on the basis of future vision. The selection of technology can be done the availability of resources and online community as well to help in different areas. So, it’s always better to learn new things and technologies to scale up your skills and expertise.
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Laravel vs WordPress. Here we also discuss the Laravel vs WordPress key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –