Updated June 8, 2023
Introduction To Job Hunting Websites :
People new to job search find it very complex sometimes to find jobs. Maybe they’ve all the qualifications, resources, and knowledge of the industry, but still, they’re stuck because they want to avoid going through the detailed way of searching for a new job. But there is good news. You don’t need to go through so much pain anymore.
In this article, we will talk about the ten best job-hunting websites where you can find suitable jobs as per your qualification, knowledge, and ambition.
But there’s a warning.-
While searching for jobs, freshers need clarification and apply for jobs that don’t suit them. Yes, there are so many options nowadays; millions and millions of jobs are available, and people are jumping off the cliff to get any of them. But that’s different from how it works. If you apply for all the jobs you can find on any job board, you may fall into the trap of making the job search more complex without knowing why you may give up.
So, take some time to find out what you want to do. Some of you may like sitting in an office and connecting with your customers via phone, some of you may like to go out and talk directly to the customers, or some may want to support the line managers. No matter what you want to do, enquire, know about the position, and then apply according to your qualification if you find it suitable.
The list of job-hunting websites we will discuss is full of jobs, but only some are for you. You need to look into the job description, read carefully the qualification required, and then apply if you feel suitable. It will help you find a proper job faster and reduce your effort in your job search.
Let’s start and look at all the 10 job hunting websites you can access for job search.
Job Hunting Websites ;
It is the best job-hunting website you can ever find. Many people may disagree because they view it as a social networking site! People post photos, updates, and like and comment. But they need to remember to look for ways to promote themselves and get a new, lucrative job. LinkedIn has made all the effort for you to search for jobs quite easily. Look at some of LinkedIn’s essential attributes making job search easy.
- LinkedIn allows you to post updates if you need a job. If you have many connections, everyone on your list can see your update and give you some leads.
- You can write articles on your domain area and let people look at them. That way, it would be easier for you to promote yourself.
- Linked-In has separate job boards, and you can go there, and via your profile, you can apply directly.
- LinkedIn also allows you to connect with people not in your profile and access if any job opportunities are available.
- LinkedIn will showcase jobs as you update your profile, and the ads are relevant and noteworthy.
You can access this vast job board even from your mobile. No matter where you live, CareerBuilder will always help you search for jobs in your field. The primary advantages of using CareerBuilder are –
- It needs only one-time registration, and it’s free. For registration, you can use your Facebook or Gmail id and password.
- It allows you to choose your locality for any jobs you seek.
- It shows you precisely what you’re looking for from its vast database. It’s perfect if you know exactly what jobs you would like to find.
- It has a separate page called ‘resources’ to access multiple articles regarding your professional arena. You can also quickly learn about the recent trends and what jobs you can find.
Some of you may not like Indeed because sometimes it doesn’t show you precisely what you are searching for, but based on its database and the ease with which you can apply for a job or connect with a recruiter is incredible. Let’s look at the advantages you will have if you use Indeed.
- While using Indeed, you don’t need to put your location. Indeed will do that work for you. Just put on the ‘keyword/s’ in the search box and search your desired job positions.
- You can fill in a short form to get registered. You can provide your email address and can upload your profile. So that saves you time, and you can reach many recruiters in seconds.
- Unlike other job-hunting websites, you can create an email alert simply by providing your email id in the ’email alert box.’
- Indeed will let you save the job for a later date to apply if you need to decide whether to use it immediately. It also shows you how many days before the posting of the job. It allows you to judge the immediacy of the requirement.
Shine is an excellent example of an intelligent job search. You don’t need to do much. Upload your resume and a few essential fields like your name, email address, basic skills, functional area, and industry. And you’re done for hundreds of jobs. The best part of Shine.com is
- It allows you to synchronize your Shine account with your LinkedIn account. It helps you import all the details you’ve already uploaded in Linked-In to Shine.com. Thus, you save time and apply smart.
- It allows you to choose a specific location and search for jobs per keyword.
- Compared to other hyped job placement websites, it doesn’t show irrelevant jobs, so you don’t get into the trap of too much complexity and can apply for the jobs that suit you best.
You may have known the name if you’ve been in the industry for some time. It’s a popular job-hunting website with a vast database and is easy to use. People worldwide search for jobs in Monster, and Monster is very dynamic with the following features.
- It has the most significant number of job listings, meaning no matter where you’re in the world, you can access a nearby job and apply for it if you’re qualified. It’s simple, easy, and convenient to use.
- It allows you to upload your resume and provide tips for brightening it.
- There is a separate page called “career resources,” which allows the applicants to learn more about the latest trends, how to be a better professional, how to make their resume count, learn about new trends in the job market, and many more.
- Monster also offers networking boards, which are new on job placement websites. On networking boards, you can add new connections, see the updates of the companies you follow, and can also recommend your colleagues.
- It also offers a search alert allowing you to search for jobs at your own pace and the relevant positions it sends you via email.
SimplyHired is like a twin brother of Indeed. It contains millions of jobs accessible simply by putting the “Keywords” and “Location.” It’s simple, fun, and allows you to find relevant jobs that you’re looking for. Let’s look at some of the good features of SimplyHired.
- SimplyHired differentiates itself by allowing veterans, and differently-abled people, to search for jobs. Even you can search for part-time jobs if you like.
- It has a simple email alert service that delivers jobs to your email id.
- It also allows you to save jobs for future references, and you can go back to the jobs you’ve searched for earlier and apply now if you’re ready.
- The search box is excellent. It has four filters. You can sort the jobs according to relevance and date, select the date added to the jobs, choose the distance from your location (default is 25 kilometers), and lastly, more filters where you can opt for job type, company, and title of the job. It’s such an incredible job search engine if one takes the time and search for employment at SimplyHired.
If you’re a tech guy/gal who came out fresh from college, there are job placement websites you would love to search for jobs; this site is for tech jobs. It’s Dice.com. Let’s look at some of the features of Dice.com.
- You can search for jobs that suit your profile by filling in job titles, keywords, company names, employment types, skill sets, and locations you’re in or prefer.
- To upload your resume, you need to become a registered user. You can do that simply by filling in your name, email, a password of your choice and mentioning that you’re not a robot (funny!).
- You can also access many articles, news, and information related to technology and how technology is reshaping the world.
- Like WordPress.com, once you’ve registered on Dice.com, you will have a separate dashboard to see your previous activity.
- Moreover, Dice.com does many surveys on hiring, turnover of tech giants, trends of tech jobs, and many more, which you can access even without registering yourself at Dice.com.
It is one of the most useful and often neglected job-hunting websites. The essential feature of this site is that it uncovers jobs from company websites for job applicants. Many companies do not advertise their positions on job-hunting websites. It has some good features. Let’s have a look.
- LinkUp monitors many companies, including mid-sized, small, and micro-sized companies. It extracts the information from the career sections of every company’s website and presents it to job applicants.
- As LinkUp pulls information from all sorts of corporates and large companies, the job openings are accurate and current. People who apply via Linkup can get precise details and apply to companies without duplicity.
- LinkUp allows you to save jobs in its Job Baskets, which you can return and use afterward.
- You can search for jobs via job category, name, city, zip code, company, job title, and keywords.
Many of you may have yet to hear about this job website, but it’s incredible if you talk about jobs related to social service. It searches for jobs of all types (of course, related to social assistance), like full-time jobs, events, internships, and volunteering. You can also work with people and on different blogs.
- To sign up, you only need to fill up three critical details – what type of jobs you’re looking for, your necessary skills, and where you’re looking for jobs. Once you fill them up, you receive emails containing jobs you like and can apply for.
- Currently, 112,784 organizations use Idealist, which is increasing daily. So, it’s good news for every job enthusiast who loves to work for some societal service.
- If you have a job and would like to serve, there’s an option for one-time action with non-profits. You can sign up with them as well using Idealist.
It may not sound like a hot tool, but you can access jobs you like due to its ever-growing use of the hashtag (#) and excellent customer base. Create a hashtag saying you’re looking for a job, and people following you on Twitter can see you. Your friends can retweet your tweet, and their followers can see it. So, you can generate leads very quickly because you’ve some decent followers who follow your tweets regularly.
It has become a small world now. Yes, the complexity of ever-growing types of jobs has increased, but searching for a job online has become easy if you know where to look. Use the job-hunting websites above for your job search, and remember what you’re looking for. If you’re precise in your job placement website search, the above will help you search for jobs you like.
This has been a guide to the job hunting websites where you can find suitable jobs as per your qualification, knowledge, and ambition. These are the following external link related to the job hunting websites.