Differences Between Django vs Node.js
- Django was developed by the Django software foundation in the year 2005 and designed by Adrian Holovaty and Simon Willison. The main feature of Django is the High-level python web framework as this framework provides the best way to design the application. As a developer needs to follow the rules or way to implement the project in Django, there is comparatively less freedom compared to the low-level framework, but the application created will be neat and clean.
- Django mainly follows the design pattern named Model Template View (MTV) design pattern. It is also similar to the MVC framework except for the template thing. Like MVC, MTV also has the data access layer in the Model. The model handles the process of interacting, relating the data or validating the data. The template layer is referred to as a presentation layer, which handles what should be displayed on the web page or application. The view is the business layer as it accesses the models directly and displays the appropriate template. The view works like a bridge between the Model and the template.
- Django is free and open-source means available for various operating systems. It encourages rapid development and is suitable for getting things up and running quickly. Django is using the unique thing that is the concept of apps. It means, in Django, every project or web application can have multiple applications inside it. It can also have a single app as well. Django allows you to move the app from one project to other easily.
- Node.js has a lot of features like an Event-driven model, concurrency, simple and lightweight, and non-blocking input-output. Node.js spawns one and only one operating system thread on the server machine in the event-driven model, and it maintains a small heap request. This event is referred to as a connection being established; a transaction is processed, receiving data from connection and connection closure. The call-back function is associated with these events, so that function id fired as any event gets completed.
Head to Head Comparison Between Django and Node.js (Infographics)
Below is the top 8 comparison between Django and Node.js:
Key Differences between Django and Node.js
Below is the Some list of points that explained the key difference between Django and Node.js:
- Django provides great security, and while developing an application, developers need not worry about security concerns. Node.js also provides good security, but developers need to make sure it.
- Django is not mainly referred to as Full-stack web development. Node.js is getting popular because of which full-stack java is now a reality that developers can write code for backend and front-end applications.
- Django has few communities for support. Node.js community is very active that helps the programmers improve themselves and provides the solution, and improves the framework.
- Django makes development more efficient and cost-effective. Node.js makes development easy, but it slows down the process.
- Django has a lot of features that enrich this framework for developers, like content development, sitemaps, and user authentication. Node.js also has great features like non-blocking input-output.
- Django web application development is really stable. Node.js system mainly lacks instability.
- Django has a great learning curve. Node.js is simple, straight, and easy to learn.
- Django is mainly used for large applications and supports multi-threading programming. Node.js does not support multi-threading programming and is not ideal for running large calculations.
Django and Node.js Comparison Table
Below are the lists of points; describe the comparisons Between Django and Node.js.
|Basis of Comparison||Django||Node.js|
|Definition||It is an open-source web framework.||It is an open-source and JS runtime environment.|
|Scalable||It is less scalable||It is more scalable comparatively|
|Architecture||It follows the Model template View architecture.||It follows event-driven programming.|
|Performance||Its performance is better.||Its performance is good.|
|Complexity||It is more complex.||It is less complex than Django.|
|Leading||It is new and behind Node.js in usage.||It is used widely in many countries and ahead comparatively.|
From the point of the developer, it is always necessary to upgrade the skills or your existing knowledge. It is good to learn different techniques while working on one technology for a long time. It helps to know your flexibility to learn and, most importantly, the demands of technology in the IT world. I hope You have enjoyed learning this article on Django vs Node.js. Happy learning!!
This has been a guide to the top difference between Django vs Node.js. Here we also discuss the Django vs Node.js head-to-head comparison, key differences, along with infographics and a comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles –