Difference Between Node.js and Asp.net
- It allows the software developers to develop dynamic, attractive websites; it provides very easy to build the website compared to other available languages and frameworks like Java, etc. It’s first released in 2002 by Microsoft with version 1; from time to time, Microsoft performed many up-gradations. It is a successor of Microsoft active server pages.
- Web Applications are built using WebForms. ASP.NET comes with built-in Web Forms controls, which are responsible for generating the user interface. They mirror typical HTML widgets like text boxes or buttons. If these controls do not fit your needs, you are free to create your own user controls.
Programming Models to Build Web Application provided By ASP.NET are the following.
- ASP.NET MVC – model view controller- it helps in the development of web applications, where a view is front-end model is business logic and controller is responsible for mapping between view and model.
- ASP.Net Web API- It is an application programming interface to build API for a web application on top of the .NET framework. A developer can develop according to business requirements with help these API .on top.Net framework inefficient way.
- ASP.Net Web pages help to show data dynamically in an HTML page. It is a very efficient way to develop web applications. its syntax is very easy, and it is lightweight.
- ASP.Net Webforms – It is used to develop modular web pages of different components. UI events executed at the server-side.
- ASP.Net WebHooks – Is is used for subscribing and publishing events via HTTP protocol.
- It is also useful for developing heavy-load applications and e-commerce sites that depend on the speed of processing.
Head To Head Comparison Between Node.js and Asp.net (Infographics)
Below is the top 5 difference:
Key Differences between Node.js and Asp.net
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major differences:
- Node.js Is best suited for asynchronous applications because it operates on a single thread, using non-blocking I/O calls, allowing it to support tens of thousands of concurrent connections without incurring the cost of thread context switching. The design of sharing a single thread among all the requests that use the observer pattern is intended for building highly concurrent applications, where any function performing I/O must use a callback. To accommodate the single-threaded event loop, Node.js uses the libuv library—which, in turn, uses a fixed- Sized thread pool that handles some of the non-blocking asynchronous I/O operations.
- Asp.net supports multiple threads by the thread pool. A website can be developed with Asp.net framework with very less man-days. A simple site can be developed within hours.
- Node.js is a weekly typed, checked runtime language type check implement at runtime, while Asp.net strong type checking runtime language.
- Code readability is difficult in the case of node.js, while in the case of Asp.net, code readability is very easy; this way, we can bug fixing will be very easy in the case of Asp.net compare to node.js.
- Node.js is a more loosely couple language compare to the Asp.net framework.
- In the Case of Portability, Asp.net is winning; It is more portable compared to the Asp.net framework.
- With the Node.js mixing of a method, arguments are possible, while in the case of asp.net, it is not possible.
- Reliability is more in the case of Asp.net compare to node.js because of generics error handling; in this case, it defeats node.js.
- Code maintenances are easy with asp.net; bug fixing is also easy in the case of asp.net, but it is easy difficult in Node.js.
Node.js vs Asp.net Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison:
|Basis Of Comparison||
|Definition||ASP.Net is an open-source web application framework developed by Microsoft.||
|Real-Time Usage||Many websites exist in today’s world, which had been developed in Asp.net.||Maintenance and Handling of large volumes of customer data|
|It’s first released came in 2002||It is first released came in 2009|
Node.js vs Asp.net Core both have their own advantages and disadvantages we can use as per our project requirement; as we saw that performance of node.js is better to compare to asp.net also notice that bug fixing and maintenances are easy in the case of asp.net, code readability is easy in case of asp.net so we can easily learn within less time can do development if we are new to both languages. On the other side, if we want better performance in the case of a multi-threaded application, we should use node.js. So as per the project requirement, we can choose the language.
This has been a guide to the top differences between Node.js vs Asp.net. Here we also discuss the key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Node.js vs Asp.net articles to learn more –
- Node.js vs Nginx Which One Is more useful
- ASP.NET vs ASP
- Node.js vs Go: Benefits
- MongoDB vs PostgreSQL: Features
- MongoDB vs Hadoop: Functions
- Node.js vs Java Performance: Features
- MongoDB vs Oracle: What are the Benefits
- MongoDB vs Cassandra: Want to know the best differences
- ASP.NET vs .NET: Features
- Node.js vs PHP Performance: Functions
- MongoDB vs SQL: Best Features