Introduction to Email Marketing Training
“You have got mail”
Do you remember this phrase from the early days of email? It’ one of those legendary pieces from internet history when the road for paperless communication was still being laid and we had no clue about the possibilities of the world wide web.
While times have changed and AOL no longer has the hegemony over internet mail, we can still thank them for having introduced us to email and our subsequent addiction.
These days WhatsApp and Tweeter messages, and live updates on social media, have largely replaced instant messaging. But that doesn’t mean our affinity to email has reduced. In fact, email has transformed into a much more dynamic service, than the simple exchange of “how are you? I’m fine” messages. Many people argue that with all the noise over social media, the email inbox is almost our virtual dojo, a place where we find solitude among all that chaos.
Building a successful email marketing campaign was never more important. Serious communication, these days, often gets deluged in all the social media hullaballoo. But there’s a problem. Most people are unaware of how to devise an campaign and how to use it correctly. In the interest to further the best practices and help you succeed as a business owner or marketing managers, let’s find out how a robust campaign can be built, ground up.
What is email marketing?
Email marketing is a way to reach out to consumers and a target audience through electronic mail. Direct email marketing, unlike spam, reaches only those who are interested in your product or service. The information sent is more like a laser missile than a bomb because it’s directed at a particular section of customers. Regardless of what you’re selling, it’s a way to attract thousands of potential consumers directly at a much lower cost, compared to other conventional forms of advertising and media exposure. It devises a business message via an attractive mix of text, graphics, and even audio-visual elements to directly target people who may not have heard about your business or availed your products or services. But they could be interested in your business.
With it you can easily track your campaign’s effectiveness. You just need to count the number of hits your website got after sending a mass mail. Those who are genuinely interested in your products and services would click on your website link and you can easily determine whether the marketing campaign is working for your company or not. It’s also a nice way for guiding existing customers back to your business. Several companies include an “unsubscribe” option to target the core interested customers. You can also include a feedback form, where your audience can directly tell you what parts of the campaign they liked or disliked.
Why email marketing?
Here are some of the reasons why you should take a shot at it
- Cost: Email marketing is cheap, and there’s no doubt about it. Whether you devise and execute it yourself or through an agency, reaching out to thousands of customers through email, would cost you peanuts compared to TV, newspapers, radio and similar other media channels.
- Success: It’s campaigns, as already said, particularly targets the interested customer. With this concept in mind, it’s no wonder that the return on investment (ROI) of email marketing blows out other direct marketing strategies. The trick is to get it right in the first place.
- Flexibility and measurability: With the available analytics, it’s easier to track the response to your emails, so as to know which parts of the campaigns worked and which didn’t. Armed with that knowledge you can instantly modify your campaign strategy if the need arises.
How to create an effective email marketing plan?
Having a proper plan is the key to get an campaign off the ground. Let’s see how you can achieve that.
- Knowing your audience: Who are you target customers? What do you expect them to know from your marketing campaign? Once you clearly define your audience, you will be able to provide them with better and more relevant information.
- Put in place clearly defined goals: What do you want to achieve from your email marketing campaign? Do you want an increased attendance to your events? Do you want more traffic to your website? When you define your goals, remember that you may not see landslide results right away. Building a loyal subscriber base needs time. So be patient. As your email list starts growing, you’ll be able to zero in on the best content strategy. And then you’ll notice an upward sales graph.
- Identify practical content: What will make your readers want to open the email and subscribe to the list? In most cases it’s a balanced mix of special offers, promotions, sales, surveys, helpful tips, holiday/seasonal content etc. You have to provide value-added content for current subscribers which they can share with their friends and relatives. This will help you to broaden the extent of your reach. Before starting a campaign, identify the type of content resonating with your audience. Use that insight for generating ideas for the future.
- Determine the frequency: How often is it sensible to communicate with your target audience? While most businesses settle for once a month, some may communicate more or less. It’s okay to send emails to your subscribers about special promotions and time-sensitive messages on particular occasions. But just be careful not to overdo it. That may annoy your audience and they could unsubscribe from your list in a jiffy.
- Determine the timing: When are your target customers most likely to check their inbox? You have to find the time when your campaign is likely to get noticed and read, sans getting mired among other unopened mails. There’s a lot of advice on the internet about which time is the best. Some digital marketing experts suggest sending email newsletters between 8 pm to midnight.
Email Marketing Course description
Email marketing has emerged as one of the most powerful and economical forms of digital marketing. It often forms the foundation of a broader online marketing strategy of several organizations, because it’s reliable, inexpensive and has a potentially high ROI.
But the fact is, it’s becoming increasingly harder to get the attention of probable subscribers, and engage them effectively sans causing any damage to your brand.
So how can you stay right ahead of the pack and better your campaign results? Our new and fully updated introduction to email marketing course, has been devised to help participants carry out major improvements in their campaigns. In this course, you’ll be able to learn all the important aspects of email marketing, right from devising strategies, setting targets by developing engaging content and improving the deliverability.
This training course description is as follows.
- Introduction to email marketing: You are introduced to email marketing in this section. You go on to learn the purpose, types of email marketing i.e. consensus versus interruption, consensus email marketing, and encore workspace (in two parts).
- Email marketing preparation: In this section you learn about the guidelines and preparation to email marketing.
- Email marketing designing: Here you learn about how to design an campaign.
- Structure of email marketing: You learn about how to structure your campaign.
- Email marketing—best methods: The best methods for email marketing are taught in this section, along with their importance in today’s environment.
Following are the key traits required from an email marketing specialist.
- Devise campaigns for promoting products and services.
- Ensure that the marketing message is conveyed properly and delivered to the target group.
- Ensure that the message is sent in the proper form and template.
- Proofread all campaigns and all relevant matter for grammar, spelling, and clarity.
- Put in place a personalization strategy.
- Include relevant descriptions, graphics, and detailed features of the product or service.
- Review the campaign for brevity.
- Send messages to those who opted for the same.
- Ensure messages are mobile optimized.
- Make an email database to generate leads.
- Follow up all interested respondents.
- Purge all opt-outs and non-deliverable email addresses.
- Incorporate persuasive CTAs in all promotions and advertisements.
- Write and design press releases
- Take orders for the product or service.
- Monitor and analyze interactive and direct marketing campaigns.
- Use statistical analyses and reports for creating campaigns.
- Monitor and coordinate the integrity, maintenance and security of various databases.
- Develop and code list segmentations for all interactive and direct marketing campaigns, as well as communicate the requirements to the primary database vendor.
The course is largely meant for those having a limited knowledge and exposure to email marketing and want to improve their skills. Anyone who is currently managing campaigns for a company, or carrying out his/her own business, and want better results from their communication, may attend this course.
What you learn
You get to learn the following if you attend this course.
- Building a quality list of recipients
- Knowledge of latest guidelines, codes, and privacy laws
- Improving email templates for increasing responses
- Improving results from the email campaign
- Writing a persuasive campaign
- Designing landing pages to converts to leads
- Improving campaign results
- Examining the effectiveness of current email marketing campaigns beyond the usual open and click rates
- Continuously improving content templates for increasing response
- Tricks and tips about subject lines, call to actions (CTAs) and the campaign design that’ll lead to increased conversions
FAQs: Some general questions
- What is the online marketing field all about?
Online or digital marketing is an ecommerce vertical that uses the internet and email to advertise and market products and services. Getting leads and sales conversion is one of the main target areas of email marketing.
- What are the main highlights of the course?
The course is an exhaustive package that provides high quality e-learning content. You can test your progress as you go through the lessons and get a feel of real-world online marketing with exercises and workbooks. Practice tests would help you take the tests with confidence, and get the certificate easily.
- What topics are covered in the training?
Our training course gives a complete feel of the concepts and covers a wide range of topics.
- Is the course updated?
We provide the best quality content which is updated with the latest industry standards. Our experienced faculty and subject matter experts constantly monitor current trends and incorporate them in the training programs. All market changes are immediately considered and the course in upgraded.
“There’s no better email marketing course than EduCba. It’s very methodical and thorough. EduCba is the best virtual education company at this time.”
“I was able to apply whatever concepts I learned in the course right away in my job. My company was overwhelmed with the response it got, after I redesigned the email marketing campaign.”
“The program gives a great opportunity for expanding your skills into other domains of digital marketing. It also boosts the credibility of your present profession.”
“The EduCba course was exactly what I wanted to boost my career as an email marketer. The course has opened better job opportunities for me.”
Following are the major career benefits of this course
- Get a industry recognized certificate which can open doors to several career opportunities
- The demand for email marketers is growing exponentially and a certified professional has the luxury to choose from various job offers
- Provide expertise and skill to the company by deploying the best and latest tactics of email marketing by reaching a wider global audience
- Give ideas to organizations about expanding their business to a wider geographical area, using the email marketing platform
- Sharpen your email campaign strategies, and evaluate the ROI
- Focus on applying the conversion principles
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s Introduction to Email Marketing courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|