Introduction to Benefits of DevOps
DevOps is all about collaboration of the Development and Operational team whose main aim is to provide a quality product to the end customers. Still, surveys and researches are going on to get what all are the actual benefits of DevOps and everyone has a different perception and notions revolving around there mind. It has many benefits, to define some are as follows:
- It helps across the entire development, testing, and deployment team in fact to the entire business unit.
- It creates a relationship between the company, various other enterprises, and customers.
- Quality delivery of product with fewer faults and failures.
Quality delivery of the product is the main motto, we can say that we can get more customer experience and satisfaction.
Benefits of DevOps
Keep in mind some real-life benefits related to business and across different types of organizations.
- If digital transformation is another agenda to be taken into consideration for meeting customer experience and satisfaction, then DevOps is one of the ways to reach the customers.
- Adopting DevOps will also help in eliminating the old and monotonous way of agile activity among big teams of IT like network, Storage team, Linux/Unix, windows, etc.
- The bridge between dev teams, ops team, and testing team has been erased which in turn helps in business to become more responsive and inclined towards the business and market conditions.
- Brings innovation to the new business using feedback formula which says that IT teams working in pace with the development team helps in providing feedback that will help in creating products with creativity and efficiently which will provide happy customers.
- It makes all the tools, practices and ideas to dispose of whatever type of business problem will be described.
- Taking a ride towards the agile practices it will never help teams to move in a direction of positivity nor it will help developers to reach the target with efficiency.
- It is not the digitalized world that is hampering the cost of business or IT, it is happening because of lean practices that are being adopted to produce products or services at a faster pace.
- Although speed and faster pace are the terms we often associate with DevOps as a geek or word but with speed one of the coined term velocity is needed because for any successful and efficient product speed with direction both are needed. Two-dimensional effort is very much needed.
- Big giants like Amazon, Netflix and all are very much following and using cloud services but what they have done is not a small way of thinking their broad way of thinking and versatility has made them reached to a level of rethinking the IT totally from SCM, People, process, culture and technology to improve overall business performance.
- Current organization and business environment talk about business agility as it is the only way to provide acceleration to the companies saying where are they heading towards.
- It provides visibility to organizations to build products, run and secure modern applications. Therefore, it creates a way for the applications team to deliver software in a quicker way and the driving force should also be faster and innovative.
- Continuous delivery offers some benefits, such as the benefits of adopting and delivering emerging technologies.
- While implementing continuous delivery activities of build, test and deploy are automated in a way that ensures the software is always ready and release state. This provides a feeling of competitiveness among market vendors or customers.
- Coming on the stability and quality factors it provides stable and reliable release cycles that enable faster and more frequent release cycles which allows us to identify and rectify on all issues giving more time to get involved in innovative and creative thinking.
- Automation and QA processes deployments are more frequent, organizations discover alternative ways for planning and sprint reviews in an incremental way which helps in reducing pressure without keeping release in the buffer.
- The Fear of change has reduced somewhat in a way that earlier the main root cause of change with the operational team was difficult but now the trend has changed with continuous integration of end to end process or flow.
We can conclude from the above-described advantages that a very pivotal element in adopting DevOps is team empowerment which has to be developed in every individual, resulting in more motivated and trustworthy employees. Optimization and streamlining of process by creating pipelines to check the end to end flow from source code check in to deployment. Improved productivity is a factor but the most important one is saving time and money with efficient use of resources. At last, we can say that adopting DevOps help business start making lots of money with more quicker data. All businesses are nowadays more of data and cloud business thus providing more profit in addition to automation is the appropriate thing all organizations are craving for.
This has been a guide to the Benefits of DevOps. Here we discuss the introduction and benefits of DevOps with detail explanation. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –