Difference between Autocad vs Archicad
A Building Information Modeling (BIM) platform designed by the Hungarian company Graphisoft is ArchiCAD. It was primarily developed for Apple Macintosh in the year 1982. This software is basically used by urban planners, architects, designers and interior designers. ArchiCAD is the solution to many engineering aspects required to build models of buildings, interiors, urban areas, etc. ArchiCAD is created keeping the demands of 2D or 3D designs and BIM functions right from the groundwork through plan execution to resource management. ArchiCAD is supported by Windows, Mac and mobile devices.
AutoCAD is a three-dimensional computer-aided design software. AutoCAD is created for manufacturing, planning, building designing, and construction. This software was developed by Autodesk in the year 1982 as a desktop app running on microcomputers. In 2010, AutoCAD was released as a mobile and web app which was commonly called AutoCAD 360. AutoCAD is an amazing software and a guide to many architects, entertainment industries, educators, students, freelancers and even to freshers. AutoCAD is a master of making 2D drawings, drafts, and documents, it also has the ability to create 3D models and visualizations.
Head To Head Comparison Between Autocad vs Archicad (Infographics)
Below are the top 3 differences between Autocad vs Archicad
Key differences between Autocad vs Archicad
Both Autocad vs Archicad are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Difference Between Autocad vs Archicad:
- AutoCAD is a CAD system which helps in drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering. It can also be improvised using scripts in various languages. Whereas ArchiCAD, on the other hand, is built for BIM and Virtual Building Modelling. It is basically used to create building models.
- In ArchiCAD, drawings are blended or meshed within the model. While in AutoCAD the user would create the drawings independently.
- With ArchiCAD, Users can create buildings virtually from real constructed elements like walls, windows, roofs, slabs, etc. Whereas in AutoCAD the user creates drawing from 2D-line.
- ArchiCAD offers a significant increase in productivity and has a better-coordinated design and a computer model based on the building process. While AutoCAD lacks in this feature.
- While AutoCAD may be easy to use and understand the program, ArchiCAD requires more time to understand because of too many option settings.
- AutoCAD can generally be called an electronic drawing board which is based on 2d representation but is also able to create 3D geometry. While ArchiCAD is for creating virtual electronic buildings. The application can understand the attributes of building elements and how to connect them.
Autocad vs Archicad Comparison Table
Below are the topmost comparisons between Autocad vs Archicad
|The basis of comparison between Autocad vs Archicad||
|Definition||It is a 3D CAD software developed by Autodesk||It is a 2D/3D and BIM platform designed and developed by Graphisoft|
|Usage||Used for product designing, civil infrastructure, 2D drawings, drafts, documents, as well as 3D models.||Used for Virtual Building Modelling. It has specific building tools like walls, slab, door, windows, etc. It is also used to create 2D/3D models|
Conclusion – Autocad vs Archicad
We cannot compare Autocad vs Archicad. Both are very different from one other. And both Autocad vs Archicad have extremely useful features in their own genre. On one hand, where AutoCAD is a CAD software used by almost all the technicians and professionals for 2D and 3D modeling, ArchiCAD is a Virtual Building Modeler which uses real-time editing. Both the software has clean workspace and interface but still are used for different types of work.
Both Autocad vs Archicad have their own advantages and disadvantages, but both are widely used by different groups of people.
4.7 (329 ratings)
This has a been a guide to the top difference between Autocad vs Archicad. Here we also discuss the Autocad vs Archicad key differences with infographics, and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –