Introduction to Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions And Answers
Artificial Intelligence is slowly shaping the modern life; it is helping the Wall Street to decide the stock market trades, Netflix to recommend movies and many other usabilities. AI is a science of copying or mimicking human behavior. Artificial Intelligence technology describes how to program computers to exhibit and function like humans in terms of intelligence and decision making. Fellow readers would love to witness some facts about this latest hit buzz in the tech industry.
- Just 15% of the enterprises are using AI currently.
- 45% of matured organizations (tech giants) have an advanced and defined AI strategy.
- Only 33% of consumers think they are using AI in some of the other ways, but the reality is 77% of them are using it.
- 38% believe that AI will enhance the customer services
- 61% believe that AI will make the world smarter and a better place.
- India ranked 3rd in the research of AI.
Now, if you are looking for a job which is related to Artificial Intelligence, then you need to prepare for the 2021 Artificial Intelligence interview questions. It is true that every interview is different as per the different job profiles. Here, we have prepared the important artificial Intelligence interview questions which will help you get success in your interview.
In this 2021 Artificial Intelligence interview questions article, we shall present 10 most important and frequently used AI interview questions. These interview questions are divided into two parts are as follows:
Part 1 –Artificial Intelligence interview questions (Basic)
This first part covers the basic AI interview questions and answers
Q1. What is AI?
AI is a branch of computer science that stresses and finds a way of creating an intelligent machine that has the ability to work, think and reacts like humans.
Q2. How aware you think you are in terms of using AI enabled devices and services?
Like I said that AI is everywhere and currently has a deep impact on our surroundings, we can see AI touch in the below listed things
- Smart Cars and Drones
- Social Media Feeds
- Media players
- Video games and many more areas.
Q3. What do you think are the areas where AI has a great impact?
AI has a great influence on numerous areas. At present it is –
- Computing field
- Speech Recognition
- Humanoid robots
- Space and Aeronautics
- Weather forecasting
Q4. Which programming languages are preferred for AI?
This is the common Artificial Intelligence interview questions asked in an interview. The programming language which is preferred for AI are Python, R, Lisp, Prolog, and Java
Q5. Narrate the formula for the coefficient for logistic regression?
The logistic regression is given by –
Q6. What do you mean by Overfitting and Underfitting algorithms?
- Overfitting and Underfitting are responsible for poor performance.
- Overfitting gives a good performance on the trained data, poor generalization to other data.
- Underfitting gives poor performance on the training data and good generalization to other data
Q7. Explain Tree Topology?
As the name suggests “Tree” topology has several connected elements arranges like the branches of a tree. The structure has at least three specific levels in the hierarchy. These are scalable and accessible while troubleshooting and are so preferred. A common drawback in this topology is the hindrance or malfunctioning of the primary node.
Part 2 –Artificial Intelligence interview questions (Advanced)
Let us now have a look at the advanced AI Interview Questions And Answers
Q8. Narrate some of the branches of AI?
There are some branches of AI are as follow:
- Automatic Programming
- Constraint Satisfaction
- Bayesian Networks
- Knowledge representations
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Neural Networks
- Speech recognition
Q9. Explain Karl Pearson’s Coefficient of Correlation?
Karl Pearson’s correlation coefficient is a measure of the strength of a linear association between two variables.
It is denoted by r or rxy (where x and y being the two variables involved).
This method of correlation draws a line of best fit through the data of two variables.
The value of the Pearson correlation coefficient (r) indicates how far away all these data points are to this line of best fit.
* cov(X, Y): is the covariance between X and Y
Q10. How to select the best hyperparameters in a tree-based model?
There are two best Hyperparameter in a tree-based model
- Measure the performance over training data
- Measure the performance over validation data
We have to consider the validation result while comparing with the test results, so the answer is B
Q11. What did you know about the Agent in AI? Tell me all the relevant details of it?
In my understanding first, we have an agent formula
Agent = Architecture + Agent program
Let’s see a practical example of an agent. In our human body, three are eyes, ears which act as a sensor and also the legs and hands and other body parts that Acta as actuators.
So, an AI system is composed of an agent and its environment. All the time an agent acts in its environment. So anything can be considered as an agent if it has –
- Perceiving the environment using its sensors.
- Acting or behaving upon related environment using actuators.
Q12. List down the techniques or algorithms mostly used in AI?
In general, there are certain algorithms that are mostly used, or we can say that they are the first one to approach to understand the complex scenarios. Here are some of them.
- Neural Network
- Generic Algorithms
- Reinforcement Learning
Q13. Explain the objective and related terminology used in the search algorithms of AI?
This is the most popular Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions asked in an interview. Searching is the universal techniques used in AI problem techniques. This algorithm is used to search a particular position. Every search terminology has some components.
- Problem space: this is the environment in which the search takes place.
- Problem Instance: it’s a result of the Initial State + Goal state.
- Problem Space Graph: This is used to represent a problem state.
- The depth of a problem: Here we can define the length of the shortest path.
- Space Complexity: We can calculate this by the maximum number of nodes that are stored in memory.
- Time Complexity: It is defined as the maximum number of nodes that are created.
- Admissibility: This is the property of the algorithms that are used to find the optimal solutions.
- Branching Factors: This can be calculated by the average number of child nodes in the problem space graph.
- Depth: it is the length of the shortest path from inception to the goal state.
Here are some of the search algorithms
Q14. List down some of the best AI software platforms?
Following are the best AI software platforms:
- Tensor Flow
- Azure Machine Learning
- Salesforce Einstein
- Cloud Machine Learning
This has been a guide to the list of Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions And Answers so that the candidate can crackdown this AI interview Questions easily. Here in this post, we have studied top AI Interview Questions which are often asked in interviews. You may also look at the following articles to learn more.