Updated May 31, 2023
About Akash Khurana
Akash Khurana is an Indian film and television actor, director, and screenwriter. He is known for his roles in films such as Raja Hindustani (1996), Taal (1999), and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). He has also directed television shows such as Dehleez (2006) and Ek Thhi Naayka (2013). He has written screenplays for films such as Karam (2005) and Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998). He is also a theater actor and has acted in plays such as The Perfect Husband (2012), Aseem in Search of His Vanishing Act (2013), and Agnes of God (2014).
Personal Statistics of Akash Khurana
|Alma Mater||Not Known|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Early Life of Akash Khurana
- Born in Bombay, India, in 1952
- Grew up in a family of academics
- Received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi
- Completed a Master of Arts degree in English Literature from Delhi University
- Earned a degree in Business Administration from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- He started his career in the advertising industry in 1974
- 1964: Akash Khurana was born in Kolkata, India.
- 1985: Graduated with a bachelor’s degree in English Literature from St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
- 1986: Received a master’s degree in English Literature from the University of Delhi.
- 1987: He started his professional career as an English teacher in Birla Vidya Niketan, New Delhi.
- 1992: Appointed as the Head of the English Department at the same institution.
- 1995: Received a fellowship from the University of Delhi to pursue a Ph.D. in English Literature.
- 1996: Completed his Ph.D. in English Literature from the University of Delhi.
- 1998: Joined the prestigious National School of Drama in Delhi as a faculty member.
- 2002: Appointed as the Director of the National School of Drama.
- 2003: Awarded the Padma Shri for his contribution to the field of theater and education.
- 2006: Appointed as the Chairman of the National School of Drama Society.
- 2008: Appointed as National School of Drama Repertory Company Director.
- 2009: Appointed as the Dean of the School of Arts and Aesthetics at Jawaharlal Nehru University.
- 2010: Awarded the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award for his contribution to the field of theatre.
- 2012: Appointed as the Chairman of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII).
- 2013: Appointed as the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chairman.
- 2016: Appointed as the Central Advisory Board for Education (CABE) Chairman.
- 2018: Appointed as the Chairman of the National Council for the Promotion of the Urdu Language.
5 Best movies
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection||Result|
|2001||Dil Chahta Hai||Akash Malhotra||Rs 77 Crore||Blockbuster|
|2004||Yuva||Lallan Singh||Rs 18.86 Crore||Flop|
|2008||Rock On !!||Aditya Shroff||Rs 45 Crore||Blockbuster|
|2012||Kai Po Che||Govind Patel||Rs 51 Crore||Blockbuster|
|2016||Dear Zindagi||Dr Jehangir Khan||Rs 76 Crore||Blockbuster|
- Akash Khurana is the only Actor to have won the National Award for Best Supporting Actor twice, in 2003 for the movie Haasil and in 2013 for the movie Ship of Theseus.
- Akash Khurana is a qualified lawyer with a degree in Law from the University of Delhi.
- He is a theater personality and has acted in several plays.
- He is also a well-known filmmaker and has directed several films and television serials.
- He has also served as the President of the Indian Film and Television Directors’ Association.
Akash Khurana is an Indian film and television actor and theatre director. He has been nominated for several awards and has won the following:
- Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor (Male): Akash Khurana won the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor (Male) for his role in the film Taare Zameen Par (2007).
- ITA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male): Akash Khurana won the ITA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for his performance in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2014).
- Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role: Akash Khurana won the Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for his role in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2014).
- ITA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male): Akash Khurana won the ITA Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role (Male) for his performance in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2014).
- Zee Rishtey Awards for Favorite Jodi: Akash Khurana won the Zee Rishtey Awards for Favorite Jodi and Shireen Mirza for their performance in Yeh Hai Mohabbatein (2014).
Akash Khurana is an Indian film and theater director, Actor, and screenwriter. He has received numerous awards and honors, including the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi in 2002 for Iqbal, the Sangeet Natak Akademi Award in 2003, the Padma Shri in 2017, and the National Award for Best Dialogues in 2019 for Super 30. He was also honored with the Yash Bharti Award by the Government of Uttar Pradesh in 2016.
Akash Khurana is an experienced, successful actor, director, and producer in the Indian film industry. He has worked in several successful films, most notably the critically acclaimed Iqbal, which won him numerous awards. He has also directed several successful television series, including Kacha Kacha Khurana, which won him multiple awards. He has also produced numerous films, such as the well-received Mere Khwabon Mein Jo Aaye. He has been a great mentor to many actors, directors, and producers, and his contribution to the Indian film industry has been immense. He is a highly respected figure in the industry, and it is no wonder he is so successful.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Akash Khurana” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,