Aftab Shivdasani is a commendable Indian film actor, producer, and model who appears in Bollywood films. He was born on 25th June 1978 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He made his acting debut at the very young age of 12 in the movie ‘Mr. India’ in 1987. Since then, he has acted in numerous successful films, including ‘Mast,’ ‘Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai,’ ‘Awara Paagal Deewana,’ ‘Kyo Kii… Main Jhuth Nahin Bolta’, ‘Hungama’, ‘Kasoor’, ‘Dhoom’ and ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’.
Shivdasani has also produced two films, ‘Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai’ (2002) and ‘Kyaa Kool Hain Hum’ (2005). He was a part of the popular reality show ‘Big Boss’ in 2012. He is also active in various social causes, especially the fight against HIV/AIDS. He has also been appointed as the brand ambassador of the health awareness campaign ‘The Sexual Health and HIV/AIDS Awareness Programme’ by the government of India.
(Image Credit: Facebook)
|Born||25 June 1978|
|Alma Mater||Not known|
|Weight||68 Kg (165 lbs)|
Early Life of Aftab Shivdasani
- Aftab was Born in Mumbai, India, on June 25, 1978.
- He is the son of Prem and Putli Shivdasani.
- He attended the Bombay Scottish School in Mahim and graduated from H.R. College of Commerce and Economics.
- He initiated his acting career in the film industry at the age of 12, with his debut film ‘Vishkanya’ in 1991.
- He started his television career with the show ‘Shrimaan Shrimati’ in 1992.
- In 2003, he starred in the hit film ‘Masti’ which brought him immense popularity.
- He also starred in several other successful films like ‘Kyaa Kool Hai Hum,’ ‘Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum,’ ‘Awara Paagal Deewana,’ ‘Ragini MMS’ and ‘Great Grand Masti.’
- 2000: Made his Bollywood debut in “Mast” alongside Urmila Matondkar.
- 2001: Appeared in the movie “Tum Bin.”
- 2002: Starred in the hit movie “Awara Paagal Deewana.”
- 2003: Appeared in “Koi Aap Sa.”
- 2004: Acted in the movie “Masti.”
- 2005: Appeared in “Kyaa Kool Hai Hum”.
- 2006: Starred in “Dhoom Dadakka.”
- 2007: Acted in the movie “Speed.”
- 2008: Appeared in the movie “Kismat Konnection.”
- 2010: Starred in the hit movie “Aao Wish Karein.”
- 2012: Appeared in the movie “1920: Evil Returns”.
- 2014: Acted in the movie “Masti 2”.
- 2015: Appeared in the movie “Great Grand Masti.”
- 2016: Starred in the movie “Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3”.
- 2017: Acted in the movie “Patel Ki Punjabi Shaadi.”
- 2018: Appeared in the movie “3 Dev”.
- 2019: Starred in the movie “Poison 2”.
- 2020: Acted in the movie “Bypass Road.”
5 Best Movies of Aftab Shivdasani
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection||Result|
|2000||Kya Yehi Pyaar Hai||Rohan||₹ 2.75 crores||Blockbuster|
|2002||Awara Paagal Deewana||Karan||₹ 10.55 crores||Blockbuster|
|2003||Masti||Meet||₹ 25.82 crores||Blockbuster|
|2005||Kyon Ki||Rahul||₹ 11.10 crores||Flop|
|2009||Kambakkht Ishq||Aftab||₹ 37.22 crores||Flop|
Surprising Facts About Aftab Shivdasani
- Aftab Shivdasani is one of the few Bollywood actors with a degree in Business Management.
- Aftab started his career as a child artist in films like Mr. India, Shahenshah, and ChaalBaaz.
- His first lead role came in the movie Mast opposite Urmila Matondkar.
- Aftab has worked in multiple genres, ranging from romantic films to horror films.
- He is a trained Kathak dancer who has appeared in several music videos, including Falguni Pathak and Alisha Chinai.
- Aftab was the first Actor to play a positive role in a supernatural horror film, with the movie 1920.
- He also starred in India’s first 3D horror film, Ragini MMS 2.
- Aftab is the brand ambassador for the international skincare brand Nivea.
- He is a philanthropist and an active member of the International Animal Rescue organization.
- Aftab Shivdasani is a fitness enthusiast and often posts his workout routines on social media.
Aftab Shivdasani has won several awards throughout his career, including:
- Filmfare Best Debut Award for Kasoor (2001)
- Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut for Kasoor (2001)
- Star Screen Award for Best Male Debut for Kasoor (2001)
- IIFA Best Performance in a Negative Role for Kasoor (2001)
- Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Male for Hungama (2003)
- Star Guild Award for Best Comedian for Grand Masti (2014)
Aftab Shivdasani has won several awards, including the Screen Award for Best Male Debut, the Kalakar Award for Best Male Debut, the Bollywood Movie Award for Best Male Debut, the Zee Cine Award for Best Male Debut, and the Star Dust Award for Most Entertaining Actor. He has been recognized for his outstanding performances through nominations for prestigious awards such as the Filmfare Award for Best Actor, the Stardust Award for Best Actor, and the IIFA Award for Best Actor.
Aftab Shivdasani is an Indian actor who has appeared in numerous Bollywood films. He embarked on his professional acting career at a very young age and has since established himself as a prominent and accomplished performer in the entertainment industry. He has been featured in many commercially successful films, including Masti, Kya Kool Hai Hum, and Grand Masti. In addition to his acting career, Shivdasani has also ventured into production and music. He is a philanthropist who has actively supported many charitable causes. As a successful actor and producer, Aftab Shivdasani has contributed significantly to the Indian entertainment industry.