About Aamir Khan
We can catch excellence if we pursue perfection, as Mr.perfectionist Bollywood Aamir Khan, a prominent Indian actor, and filmmaker, best demonstrates. Aamir Khan is a contemporary actor who has established himself as one of the industry’s elite. He has one of the world’s largest fan bases, particularly in India, China, and Hong Kong. Khan has established himself as one of India’s most notable actors throughout his 30-year career.
|Real Name||Mohammad Aamir Hussain Khan|
|Date of Birth||14 March 1965|
|Age||57 years old (in 2023)|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Parents||Fathers name: Late Tahir Hussain (Film Producer)
Mothers name: Zeenat Hussain
|Profession||Actor and filmmaker|
|First Movie||Yaadon ki Baaraat (Child Appearance)|
|Last Movie||Laal Singh Chaddha|
|Spouse(past relationship)||Reena Dutta(1986-2002)
|No of Children: 2 (first wife)
Children:1 (second wife)
|Daughter: Ira Khan, Son: Junaid Khan
Son: Azad Rao
|Residence||Hillview Apartments, Bandra West, Mumbai|
|Height||5′ 6″ (1.68 m)|
|Weight||70 kg (154 lbs)|
1862 Crore INR
Aamir Khan was born into a family of filmmakers. As a child actor, he appeared in two minor roles. His debut film was in 1973 when he was eight years old. It was the Bollywood masala movie, Yaadon Ki Baaraat. Later, in 1983, he appeared in Madhosh where he was playing Mahendra Sandhu’s character’s younger version. Aamir joined J.B. Petit School in Mumbai for his primary education. He also went to Mumbai’s St.High Anne’s School and Bombay Scottish School. Aamir had a great interest in lawn tennis and had great participated in several state championships representing his school. He has also won the Maharashtra state tennis championship.
He did not continue his education after 12th grade as they had financial troubles. “There would be at least 30 calls a day from creditors calling for their money,” he said. He also said that the school could have expelled him any day as he was failing to pay his fees.
- Aamir Khan has been working for more than 30 years, and during that time, the actor has given some memorable performances.
- Aamir began his career at eight years old as a child artist on the show Yaadon ki Baaraat. After that, Aamir worked in Madhosh as Mahendra Sandhu’s younger counterpart.
- When he was 16, Aamir Khan experimented and made Paranoia, a 40-minute silent film. Aditya Bhattacharya, his schoolmate, directed it. Aamir’s father, who is also an actor, wanted him to be a doctor or engineer. However, the movie experience brought him closer to acting, and he decided to pursue it.
- Soon after, Aamir began assisting Hussain in films such as Zabardast and Manzil Manzil, as well as appearing in a few documentaries. Ketan Mehta, the director, recognized Aamir’s talent there and offered him the first movie, “Holi.” Hussain cast Aamir in “Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak” despite the audience not receiving the film well. The film was a box office success, launching Aamir’s career. After that, the actor’s career took off, and he appeared in films such as Dil, Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin, Daulat ki Jung, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander, Rangeela, Raja Hindustani, Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke, and many more. The actor has appeared in approximately 55 films.
Transforming into Various Characters
- Ghajini: The actor’s physical transformation drew attention as he gained six-pack abs! The film was a smash hit, but nobody could forget the actor’s physique.
- 3 Idiots: For this film, Aamir had to play a college student, so he developed a slim and lean physique.
- PK: Because PK was an alien-based film, Aamir had to lose significant weight to fit the role.
- Dangal: In this film, Aamir plays a retired wrestler who had to appear overweight. He gained weight for the role.
- Lal Singh Chaddha: The film was an adaptation of The Forest Gump, and Aamir Khan starred as a Sardar. His transformation stunned the audience.
Interesting Facts About Aamir Khan
1. Aamir turned down the role of Sanjay Dutt’s father in “Sanju.”
Aamir Khan declined the role of Sanjay Dutt’s father in “Sanju.” Rajkumar Hirani and Aamir Khan have collaborated for quite some time. Rajkumar approached Aamir about a role in the Sanju film, but it was for Dutt Sahab. The actor loved the script and wanted to act, but he was more interested in playing Sanjay Dutt. Aamir declined the role because Ranbir Kapoor already took it
2. The very first awkward on-screen kiss
Today’s Bollywood stars are quickly kissing their on-screen partners, but this is only sometimes the case. When Aamir was working on his first film, “Holi,” he played a lover and entered Kitu Gidwani’s (the actress) room. Aamir Khan kissed his girlfriend awkwardly for the first time!
3. The weight-loss secret
Aamir Khan weighed 95 kg when he left for the United States, but he returned three weeks later weighing only 82 kg. His 6-hour workout routine, proper sleep schedule, and strict diet are the keys to his weight loss. Everyone was taken aback by his transformation.
4. Aamir runs into a fan who has progeria
Bollywood celebrities may be busy, but they always meet with their fans, especially those ill. Aamir Khan met Nihal Bitla, a teenager with Progeria. He also talked to him and made him feel good about himself. Aamir Khan is and will remain one of Bollywood’s jewels.
Movies of Aamir Khan
|Year||Movie Name||Character Name||Box Office Collection||Result|
|2001||Lagaan||Bhuvan Latha||65.97 crore||Hit|
|2007||Taare Zameen Par||Ram Shankar Nikumbh||769.89 crores||Hit|
|2013||Dhoom 3||Sahir Khan / Samar Khan||200 crore||Hit|
|2018||Thugs of Hindostan||Firangi Mallah||202.38 crore||Flop|
|1995||Baazi||Amar Damjee||5.09 crore||Flop|
|2000||Mela||Kishan Pyare||25 crore||Flop|
1. Filmfare awards
- Raja Hindustani won the award for best actor in 1997.
- Laagan, 2002: Best actor
- Best actor rang de Basanti in 2007.
- Tarare Zameen Par, best director in 2008.
2. Academy awards
- Nomination for the 2002 film, Lagaan, as the best foreign language film.
3. Entertainment awards
- Big Star Award for Film Actor of the Decade in 2010.
- The Indian government awarded Padma Shri in 2003.
- The Maharashtra government awarded the Raj Kapoor Smiriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar in 2009.
- In 2010, the Indian government awarded the Padma Bhushan to him.
- China’s government awarded him the National Treasure of India in 2017.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Aamir Khan” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,